Your favorite headphone amp solution?

MrGuitarabuse

Fractal Fanatic
Good day or Good evening wherever you are,

I am in the market for a headphone amp to use on travels to kill boring evenings in hotel rooms etc.
Want something small and simple with a few options/effects.

Other requirements
Aux in for backing track playing
Battery operated (USB or 9v power good to have but no need)

Currently looking at Korg Pandora stomp and the even smaller VOX amplug (classic rock).
VOX seems to be popular after googling around abit

Any experience with these? Pros and cons?
Other suggestions?

Thanks

For $69 new you can not beat the Vox Stomplab IG or IIG

I've had every Pandora product- they're not bad- but I wouldn't say COMPLETE-
Like- it's good for headphones but nothing else- The Stomplab however you could play live with and it give great sound

Zoom has some new products- similar to the pandora stomp- but the actual sound has nothing on vox

And the amplugs aren't that great tonally- very ratty very noisy- no real quality compared to the stomplab

For $69 new you can not beat the Vox Stomplab IG or IIG

I've had every Pandora product- they're not bad- but I wouldn't say COMPLETE-
Like- it's good for headphones but nothing else- The Stomplab however you could play live with and it give great sound

Zoom has some new products- similar to the pandora stomp- but the actual sound has nothing on vox

And the amplugs aren't that great tonally- very ratty very noisy- no real quality compared to the stomplab

Thanks. Looks like no aux-in after a very fast check, but might be sorted with Y-cable. Think i did this before long time ago.
If you play live with this little thing, plug into amp or straight into desk? Will read up more about it. Looks pretty interesting

I don't think it's good enough to go direct but i've plugged them into real amps with impressive results

There's lots of options with aux but you're going to get unusable tone and just bad sound-

I'd rather have the best portable sound possible above anything else

Hi MrGuitarabuse,

my way in the similar situation is my traveler guitar and a sonic port from Line6 connected to my iPhone. There are tons of good apps e.g. JamUp Pro. Backing tracks, metronome etc... all included. I am pretty happy.

regards
Christian

Hi MrGuitarabuse,

my way in the similar situation is my traveler guitar and a sonic port from Line6 connected to my iPhone. There are tons of good apps e.g. JamUp Pro. Backing tracks, metronome etc... all included. I am pretty happy.

regards
Christian

Thanks... I am on Android... perhaps some similar solution available. Didn't think of that. Back to google. Thanks

Did you settle on anything? I too am looking for something. I bought a line 6 sonic port but it doesn't work with my Ipad (3rd gen), last night picked up Digitech RP360xp and played for maybe 5-10 min. it does not sound good at all. Fractal has ruined me...

What is the problem with the iPad (3rd gen)? The Line6 Pilot's Guide is saying on slide 4 it should be possible?

(sorry not yet able to add a link to the line6 PDF, just look for Sonic Port Pilot's Guide)

Sound... ok, do not compare to the Axe! But for having a little fun it is Ok for me. Maybe a new product idea for Fractal :) ! I would change!

The Vox Amplug. There are several models to choose from and they are less than $50.

http://www.voxamps.com/amplug2

The AC30 model sounds awesome. Here's a demo of the first generation of it;

They have a headphone jack and an aux in for listening to BT's.

You can even use them with effects pedals too;

Back
Top Bottom