Your favorite guitar (that you own) and why...

IMG_6500.jpg

No-Name LesPaul from Japan, bought in 2011 for approx. 800 bucks incl. case. Top is real quilt maple, no photo finish! In 2013 I replaced the two "medicore" stock PUs with Seymour Duncan '59 HB PUs. This "no name guitar" replaced all my so far "beloved" Gibson, Ibanez & Fender instruments or made them 2nd choise instruments - it's by far the best electric guitar I EVER played (and I had the opportunity to test a lot of great Paulas over the years....). Looks great, sounds great, has a nice touch and the builder quality is absolutely excellent! :eagerness:

According to Carvin's web site, they use an 8.25 degree angle on the headstock. Seems like if it has locking tuners, it should be able to stay in balance. If you're ever near Bellevue, take it to Mike Lull. He's a legend for good reason, and I would think he could sort it out.

My black strat has a 2-point trem and locking tuners. It originally had a Wilkinson roller nut, but I couldn't get it stop rattling so when I had the guitar refretted I asked the luthier to replace the nut with a standard slotted version. It's been MUCH more stable since then, which is counter-intuitive. When I restring, I pull the string pretty tightly through the post before tightening the lock, so once I get the string up to tune, there is always less than one wrap around the post. The locking tuners seem to keep the whole thing nicely in tune, even with vigorous whammification. During our versions of "Scary Monsters" and "Beauty and the Beast" I basically assault my guitar to conjure up those wild sounds, and it remains in tune.

Like I said it will do mild vibrato, half to whole step but no hard core divebombs also doesn't a Strat have a fairly shallow brake angle at the neck?

Thanks for the tip! I Need to find a good luthier and living out here in the sticks, it's not exactly crawling with people that know what their doing. I have a buddy that lives over in the Belleview area next time I visit I will have to give Mike a call and see if he has time for a quick setup. Do you know if he's always backlogged with work or does he have a pretty quick turnaround?

391400f1c1d52315355d7c72332f13af.jpg

7978cf1005e8aadf4bed20275a01a4d0.jpg

Currently it would be my 1987 Ibanez Radius that I built from vintage parts bought on eBay.

I stripped the finish down and my son did the paint work. Most of my bbq other guitars are Sabres of the same era, and this is my only guitar with a maple fretboard.

Second fave is a similarly "rebuilt" 1988 Ibanez Sabre with a dark stain and hand-rubbed varnish.

Those have been the two played most over the last 2-3 years... Both sound and play great, and have the IBZUSA pickups from that time (DiMarzio).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
here's my Favorite. Carvin CT6 / 22 deep red on quilted maple . Mahogany body Mahogany neck , Ebony F board . I love it because the tone is so rich and full . Play it every day
myfavorite.jpg

1996 PRC 24 Custom 10Top - Violin Finish - I just melts in your hands, it feels like I have played it forever since the first time I picked it up. Tone is second to non. It just feels right. I have no desire for anything else. Funny, after Axe-Fest I in CA - when Scott Peterson used it, he raved. He is one guy who has played a whole lot of guitars. Then I saw he got a PRC of his own afterward. Not sure if the new ones still have this level of "feel". But I just love her.

My Jackson RR-1T. Even though it's pointy, it's super versatile and it plays like butter. Why? Because Randy. Plus it's beautiful...

rr1_fence_2.jpg

It doesn't get the most play time these days, due to other guitars being more suited to the styles of music I'm playing, but I still play all my guitars regularly. It's still my favorite and best playing guitar and was my first what I would call "pro quality" guitar.

Awesome RR-1!! I had this one for a very short time and wish I hadn't sold it.
dlveqbefstyvj73tt0ns.jpg

I have a feeling that the custom Forshage Orion I ordered in August of 2013 will top my list of electrics.

Just got some pictures, and I am so excited.

Can't seem to post them here though...

My Jackson RR-1T. Even though it's pointy, it's super versatile and it plays like butter. Why? Because Randy. Plus it's beautiful...

rr1_fence_2.jpg

It doesn't get the most play time these days, due to other guitars being more suited to the styles of music I'm playing, but I still play all my guitars regularly. It's still my favorite and best playing guitar and was my first what I would call "pro quality" guitar.

Stunning & awesome looking are two words that come to mind. Just looking at it makes me want one.

Awesome RR-1!! I had this one for a very short time and wish I hadn't sold it.
View attachment 24777

I had a metallic black RR1 as well, but I flipped it to get my Select Strat. I HATE selling guitars because I always miss the ones I've owned, even cheapies. But I didn't really have room for more, had my RR1T, and other guitars with Floyds so I let it go. Of course I still wish I had it hehe.

The strat on the left of this Photo. Its a '71 and I play the WOOD when I play the guitar. Only guitar I've ever used that does that and Its a peek inside what a good vintage instrument brings to the table:

tylersguitars_2.7.15.jpg

That trio pretty much covers all the essentials there Tyler. Now you need one for when you are feeling a little crazy. Maybe a reverse Firebird with mini humbuckers or something. :D

I had a metallic black RR1 as well, but I flipped it to get my Select Strat. I HATE selling guitars because I always miss the ones I've owned, even cheapies. But I didn't really have room for more, had my RR1T, and other guitars with Floyds so I let it go. Of course I still wish I had it hehe.

I sold the RR-1 (along with an Explorer Pro and most of my tube amp gear) to fund my Axe-Fx rig, so it was a worthwhile trade-off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Never thought in my life that it would be a LP, but I'll be damned if it isn't my 2003 Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard Plus. Everything's original and it's just perfect.
IMG_0121.jpg

Back
Top Bottom