Your favorite guitar duo

Sixstring

Legend!
Like the title says who are your favorite guitar duo(s) if you have more than one?

For me I would have to say AC/DC's Angus and Malcolm, Def Leppard's Steve Clarke and Pete Willis, Iron Maiden's Dave Murray and Adrian Smith.

Scott Gorham & Brian Robertson----THIN LIZZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gary Rosington & Allen Collins------Lynyrd Skynyrd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I'd have to call dave 'snake' sabo and scotti hill of skid row here. They really put things over the top for me.

I'd also have to call glenn tipton and KK downing of judas priest in that same breath as well. They practically invented the thing!

Scorpions, maiden and megadeth were also quite inspiring for me.

All duos of my top fav players have disappointed me a little bit (relatively)...:
Carlton/Luke, Carlton/Ford, Ford/Landau, Metheny/(...), ...
So I have to think on that a while longer.
30 years ago, my answer would have been: Paul Stanley & Ace Frehley :D Probably AC/DC too.

Trios may be easier: Lynyrd Skynyrd would be the first to come to mind.

This. For 2 reasons...

1) Marty rips it up!
2) Dave still has MORE BADASS in his little finger than all of Metallica combined.

[VIDEO=youtube;rxbTrOu-5P8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxbTrOu-5P8[/VIDEO]

I'd echo most of the above... although strangely enough, more for the songs they've played on and bands they are / were in

Oh and yes, I'd add Sheehan & Vai / Gilbert too - wo
blink.gif

The ones that came to mind right away for me, was Joe Perry & Brad Whitford of Aerosmith.

John

Definitely Glenn Tipton and Ken Downing. They are the reason I started playing guitar, and Tony Iommi too. I believe that Judas Priest are a highly underrated band. I could go on, but how much space is there in cyber-space?

Synyster Gates and Zachy Vengeance. I think these two are underrated. City of Evil has some amazing guitar work.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Marty and Dave from Megadeth were a great compliment and contrast to each other. I enjoyed the Greg Howe / Richie Kotzen collaboration but sometimes it was difficult to know which was playing for lack of contrast in (shred) styles.

Some of the old kiss albums had some nice interplay from Ace and Paul. and ac/dc as mentioned above could be pretty amazing.

But for the most part I prefer bands/artist with one guitar player thats not getting in each others way or ends up being a dual without consideration of the music.

Back
Top Bottom