Your favorite amp

Clickonce

Inspired
If you had to pick just one amp model from the Axe.. which would it be? I'm curious to hear which amp you gravitate to more than any other. Also of interest would be the cab you use with it.

For me it's the Suhr Badger. I use it with OwnHammer V32 cab (e906 mic).

Thanks!

There might be two camps. One where one does it all for them, the other where the question is "what is your favorite amp for.....?"

Super reverb for me. I use dirt pedals in front, sounds great. It might change though once 10 drops, but it might just sound better. Most Christian music is usually done with clean amps with multiple dirt type pedals with varying amounts of grit on top of them, so if I was left with one amp, that would be the one, at the moment.

Super reverb for me. I use dirt pedals in front, sounds great. It might change though once 10 drops, but it might just sound better. Most Christian music is usually done with clean amps with multiple dirt type pedals with varying amounts of grit on top of them, so if I was left with one amp, that would be the one, at the moment.

Thanks Scott.. is there a particular cab you gravitate towards with the Super Reverb?

I veer from clean Fender to Marshall sounds. But I keep at the center of all my patches the JTM 45. Clean to burn its so expressive. Take pedals so well. I guess thats the center of my tone universe.

Changes weekly for me. Loving the Super Verb & Two Stone now.

I always keep the Euro Blue close at hand too.

I really like the FAS Crunch for some reason with the master about 8 and I put the drive on an an expression pedal. In my busy schedule it seems to be the easiest for me to dial in distortion and mild distortion tones. I use it with one of the OH betas. I use the shiva for cleans. I've also had pretty good luck with the Badger 30 with a boutique 2x12 cab. I'm still a rank amateur but its gettin better all the time.

I've narrowed down my guitar uses to these amps:

Clean: Fender Twin Reverb & Fender '59 Bassman
Blues: Dumble ODS-100
Metal: Mesa Dual Rectifier

Because of the nature of each of them, I can't just rely on one amp without sacrificing tone.

I couldn't pick just one, that's the main reason I bought the Axe in the first place. But the amp sims I'm using the most now are Marsha HB, USA clean, Super Trem, Class A 30 TB, Plexi Normal, PVH 6160.

I've been playing with the FAS Modern amp for a while now and it just might be the perfect modern high gain amp for me. Extremely high gain, yet very tight and clear as a bell while retaining great chunk and wallop.

For almost anything else from rock to blues to clean, a Plexi will nail just about everything if you know how to dial it in.

I'm doing almost the whole Easter worship set tomorrow with the "Buttery" model and my volume knob. I'm addicted to how chimey it gets when I roll back the volume. So awesome.

I'm doing almost the whole Easter worship set tomorrow with the "Buttery" model and my volume knob. I'm addicted to how chimey it gets when I roll back the volume. So awesome.

Have you tried the USA Rhythm with the boost engaged ? The stock 2290 Delay preset is the one I have been playing with and I'm liking it a lot for that pushed clean tone, you do need to bring the input trim down a little.

Back
Top Bottom