Your D.A.W. of choice?

What D.A.W. do you connect your Axe Fx to?

• Pro Tools

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Logic Pro

Votes: 35 24.0%
  • Live

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Reaper

Votes: 44 30.1%
  • Cubase

Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Samplitude

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Digital Performer

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Reason

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cakewalk

Votes: 19 13.0%
  • Soundtrack Pro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gorilla

Experienced
Just curious what everyone is hooking their Axe Fx too. I've used a few. Started with Digi 001 when it came out. Moved to Logic Pro since version 7.... recently grabbed Cubase Pro 8. And really liking it except a few quirks.... probably some just me getting used to the Cubase format.

I use Acid Pro on PC. Very intuitive, easy to get started recording quickly. Just started using Logic on the Mac. Seems like it's more powerful, but a steeper learning curve.

Live 8.2
NO fancy pretty GUI's, so it's not a resource hog
I can warp tracks to line up with a metronome, and slow em down without pitch artifacts...great for learning solo covers!
I have Sonar 8 and Cubase...never use them now.

Reaper, amazing daw, constant updates, and cheap. Best bang for the buck in my noob opinion

"DAW of choice" and "What I connect to" are two different programs.

Pro Tools hands down as DAW of choice, not because it's the best (which is debatable), but because it's a standard. Meaning, I could track in PT virtually anywhere in the world and import my project files into whatever fancy pants studio I may find myself in, and in all likelihood PT will be the featured DAW in a studio like that. That's a feature no other DAW comes close to touching.

That said, I'm usually into Reaper or PSO.

Cubase 7.5 (just about to move to Cubase 8 ). Love it, never crashes, lots of flexibility and very good quality. On a MacBook Pro as well btw.

Back
Top Bottom