Your Best Buys in 2013?

How do you like this holdsworth guitar?
It quickly moved every last one of my other guitars to the 'also ran list'. I can't remember the last time I felt like even pulling another guitar out of it's case. It 's not only become my No.1 it's the only one that see's any playing time, it's just that good.

Lefthanded PRS Custom 22 "Faded Blue Burst"
Tc Electronic Ditto
Yamaha THR10X
AXE-FX-2 mark 2 (Sorry)
Logic Pro X
Gibson Les Paul 2012 Standard in Fireball.

Joe Satriani - JS1200 - nice shredding axe
IBanez 30 fret - great value and will be upgraded with Tom Anderson PU's soon - fret re-dress

Although i got a LTD EC1000 Deluxe, i guess my best buy in 2013 will have to be in 2014 - I'm officially on the Axe FX II waiting list! :eagerness:

"The waiting is the harrrr... dest part" :sorrow::excitement::sleeping::very_drunk::moon::sleeping::listening_headphone:barbershop_quartet_:sleeping::calm::sleeping::calm::sleeping::calm:

This year marks the best piece of audio gear I've ever purchased. I've totally fallen in love with my Universal Audio Apollo and all of the UAD Plug ins I've purchased, which are far more than I ever expected to buy. Everything about that piece of gear has been outstanding!

This year was also a landmark year because it appears to have stopped my guitar GAS with the purchase of 2 Ibanez Prestige RGD 7-String RGD2127Z guitars. With these prestige guitars, I didn't need to spend hundreds of dollars with my guitar tech to get the neck and frets just right. Both of these guitars came mint from Japan. I've become attached to the extended neck length on these guitars ruining me for most all other guitars. Normal necks feel like toys now. The stock pickups on these guitars were the only thing I decided to replace.

I purchased an Ibanez Prestige RG2627ZE actually before the RGDs. This guitar came so perfect from the factory that it made me sell most of my other guitars and try out the RGD Prestiges. Sadly, this guitar is just sitting in my closet now because the RGDs are the main guitars, but I still have a lot of love for this guitar. It's the most perfect guitar I've ever purchased that did not need any work done to it.

2013 also ushered in what appears to have become my favorite pickups to date. I'm in love with my EMG Metalworks 57-7H and 66-7H. I don't think I could ask for much more than what I am getting with these pickups and they look fantastic!

Shout out to Ownhammer. Their impulses are getting used probably the most out of any others I own this year. They really do sound fantastic! Keep up the great work!

Back
Top Bottom