Axe fx 2 fw9.01

Guitars:
Fender USA deluxe strat.
Schecter hellraiser extreme c1

Presets:
1987x treble - Fender
Energyball - Schecter
Fas Modern - Schecter

I need your advice to make a better quality recording.
I'm a newbie about recording and I do not know where to start to improve so i'm open to any idea.

leave the drums as they are

rhythm guitar: record the rhythm part twice and pan one left and one right take some low out @200hz

Lead guitar pam cemtre

then repost

Joel is right on...there is a little low end woof that cutting at 200hz should help. Everything else sounds real nice...good job!

leave the drums as they are

rhythm guitar: record the rhythm part twice and pan one left and one right take some low out @200hz

Lead guitar pam cemtre

then repost

Thank you for your advice.
I did what you said. I have taken some low out @200hz but i couldn't sense any difference. Maybe i couldn't realy do it.
I have used VST:ReaEQ(Cockos) and taken low out at "stock - Basic 11 band"i is it ok?

Is setting the equalizer by the axe fx or the reaper is more accurate?

Last edited:
second one sounds much better. don't forget to throw in some cymbals...especially after drum fills.

Jesus, if I were that good new, I'd....get more done......

You should use The REAPER ! It is very userfriendly and basic DAW for home recording.
I tried to use Adobe Audition, FL Studio and Pro Tools but i couldn't.
Reaper is absolutely number one.
This is not an advertisement:)

ok thats better now u need bass:

goto the 1st axe patch ' bassguy' put a pitch shifter jus after the cab set it to 'fixed harmony and -12 steps over to the right turn voice 2 volume down u only want one voice then further to the right turn mix knob all the way up for pure bass..

dont pan the bass its center

ok thats better now u need bass:

goto the 1st axe patch ' bassguy' put a pitch shifter jus after the cab set it to 'fixed harmony and -12 steps over to the right turn voice 2 volume down u only want one voice then further to the right turn mix knob all the way up for pure bass..

dont pan the bass its center

added bass !!!

oh, i think that is better than first record :D cool !

much better!

now the 1st guitar thats panned center turn it down a touch .. and the 2 guitars panned let and right turn up a touch.

then on the master section eq do -1.5DB @ 200hz and run a limiter

much better!

now the 1st guitar thats panned center turn it down a touch .. and the 2 guitars panned let and right turn up a touch.

sorry, when you said "turn it down" have you meant to lower the volume?

much better!

added EQ limiter on the master volume -1.5dB@200hz
turned volume down a little bit the 1st guitar
turned volume up a little bit the rhythm guitars

screen2.jpg

and attached a printscreen for the enthusiast

Back
Top Bottom