Your 1st 5 Concerts

sprint

Axe-Master
Posted the following in the Boston related thread and was thinking this would be a good lounge topic and interesting to see others lists -

so post yur 1st 5!

Boston holds a special place with me - 1st 5 concerts I ever attended:

1. Boston / Cheap Trick - Apr77
2. Kiss / Cheap Trick - Jul77
3. Aerosmith - Dec77
4. Rush / Max Webster - Apr78
5. Queen - Nov78

1) Three Dog Night
2) Creedence Clearwater Revival (final tour-Tower of Power and Bo Diddley opened)
3) Chicago (Chicago III tour)
4) Three Dog Night again!
5) there was a gap here and the introduction of weed into the equation so I’m not positive if it was Bowie on the Ziggy tour or Humble Pie with T. Rex as the opener. About sure it was Bowie.

1) Three Dog Night
2) Creedence Clearwater Revival (final tour-Tower of Power and Bo Diddley opened)
3) Chicago (Chicago III tour)
4) Three Dog Night again!
5) there was a gap here and the introduction of weed into the equation so I’m not positive if it was Bowie on the Ziggy tour or Humble Pie with T. Rex as the opener. About sure it was Bowie.
nice - never saw Bowie unfortunately, but it I had had the opportunity, the Ziggy tour would have been my choice.

This is gonna hurt. And I am probably wrong.

Opener first:

Fastway/Rush 1984
Dokken/DIO 1984
Ted Nugent/Aerosmith 1985
Loudness/Motley Crue 1986
Metallica/Ozzy Osbourne 1986
The Nuge! - I have fond memories of the Wango Tango tour, whenever that was 👍

He destroyed Aerosmith with his passion, energy, and sobriety. Aerosmith had to
quit mid show because Tyler could not make it through the intro to Dream On. Meaning,
he was fucked up more than everyone else in the Arena!!! :)

Still think Uncle Ted is batshit crazy and a questionable human, at times, but he
never robbed a paying audience member from giving his best every night.

He destroyed Aerosmith with his passion, energy, and sobriety. Aerosmith had to
quit mid show because Tyler could not make it through the intro to Dream On. Meaning,
he was fucked up more than everyone else in the Arena!!! :)

Still think Uncle Ted is batshit crazy and a questionable human, at times, but he
never robbed a paying audience member from giving his best every night.
we were Ted crazy in college - went to a few shows in a truck we referred to as "the gonzomobile" - Ted sporting loincloth and beavertail wailing on a hollowbody in front of a mountain of thundering fender cabs - classic!!

Teddy got arrested after a show I saw in Memphis on the Tooth Fang Claw tour. Jumped off an amp with his loincloth on and was wearing nothing under it……..

I swear I saw him 4 times in 2 years when I lived in Abilene, TX in the mid to late Seventies. Seemed like he, Stynx, and Foghat came through every 5 months! Definitely saw Rush there twice within 18 months in 78/79.

Trooper - 1978
Max Webster - 198?
Platinum Blonde - 1983
The Spoons - 1983 or 84
David Wilcox - 1983 or 84

The last three were all college pubs…what a blast!

Saw many huge bands after that…The Who, Pink Floyd, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, John Cougar, Billy Idol, U2. Regret not going to the Joshua Tree concert in 1987. Saw ZooTV in 1992…the stage was mind blowing and the tone was absolutely amazing.

Trooper - 1978
Max Webster - 198?
Platinum Blonde - 1983
The Spoons - 1983 or 84
David Wilcox - 1983 or 84

The last three were all college pubs…what a blast!

Saw many huge bands after that…The Who, Pink Floyd, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, John Cougar, Billy Idol, U2. Regret not going to the Joshua Tree concert in 1987. Saw ZooTV in 1992…the stage was mind blowing and the tone was absolutely amazing.
David Wilcox 👍 - saw him with Peter Gabriel - 79ish - great show.

Max Webster back in the day seemed so out there - really listening to a lot of old MW stuff lately - still holds up

Last edited:
Big of you to assume I can remember my first concerts. I'm not one of those people that kept stubs of all of them, though I kind of wish I had.

I don't know what order these are in. This was in 79 or 80. I think it was one of these two. Some were at the Capitol Center in MD, and I moved around 81, and was seeing shows in Atlanta after that.

Black Sabbath/Blue Oyster Cult
Jethro Tull

More after that.

Rush
Van Halen
Styx
ACDC
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest

Hmmm, many burnt brain cells ago, but I know Rush/Rory Gallagher was 1st Moving Pictures, then probably not in order...
Ozzy/Crue/Wasted (2nd row)
Duran Duran
Yes Big Generator (4th row)
Heart/ZZ Top

Big of you to assume I can remember my first concerts. I'm not one of those people that kept stubs of all of them, though I kind of wish I had.

I don't know what order these are in. This was in 79 or 80. I think it was one of these two. Some were at the Capitol Center in MD, and I moved around 81, and was seeing shows in Atlanta after that.

Black Sabbath/Blue Oyster Cult
Jethro Tull

More after that.

Rush
Van Halen
Styx
ACDC
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Which Rush show? If it was at the Capitol Center, I was there too, in the 7th row!

Hmmm, many burnt brain cells ago, but I know Rush/Rory Gallagher was 1st Moving Pictures, then probably not in order...
Ozzy/Crue/Wasted (2nd row)
Duran Duran
Yes Big Generator (4th row)
Heart/ZZ Top
never caught Ozzy solo - saw Black Sabbath once 7-8 years ago on the final tour - an all time fav - Oz's voice still great / Tony + Geezer Awesome (forget who was drumming - not Bill if I remember).

Last edited:
Which Rush show? If it was at the Capitol Center, I was there too, in the 7th row!

Moving Pictures.

That must have been awesome. I was definitely in the Cheap Seats.

I know I definitely saw the Signals Tour in Atlanta, but Moving Pictures was definitely in DC (Maryland).

Moving Pictures.

That must have been awesome. I was definitely in the Cheap Seats.

I know I definitely saw the Signals Tour in Atlanta, but Moving Pictures was definitely in DC (Maryland).
That's cool! It was surreal! I SO wish I had gotten deeper into them before I went to that show. It was the first time I'd ever heard Xanadu and By-Tor & The Snow Dog. And 2112.

Back
Top Bottom