Young teen goes viral for Fleetwood Mac cover – gets record deal!

Great voice but almost too smooth and perfect. Post production?

I was wondering the same thing. With all the technology today, it’s so hard to tell.

Interesting to see what happens career-wise. If that is her voice, wow!

Great voice, but I'm kinda meh on female singers. Give me some female instrumentalists instead.

Great song - I was a 15-16 when that record hit the Radio - though it makes me sound like an old curmudgen: "they don't make 'em like they used to"

Great voice but almost too smooth and perfect. Post production?
That's a ton of post production and a lip sync to the video going on.

With that mic polar pattern, pop filter, and her head moving around the mic at that distance, there would be some off axis sounds or volume fluctuations that the compressor could not completely compensate.

From the tonality of the track in terms of the breathiness, she was on top of that mic when recording it with a generous amount of LA-2A style tube compression.

There's some auto tune going on, you can hear the glitches in some of her pitch glides.

It's a classy sound with the reverbs.

Nice phrasing and delivery, but I wish we could have heard the dry track before all the post processing.

I think she got the deal because she looks nice and has charisma with the way she looks into the camera. Sure, it's really nice to listen to etc., but no way do we hear her singing from that video session.

I did however like the horns at the end ;)

edit: Now that I quickly checked out her other videos, I'm pretty sure those other videos are more reason for that deal. Some are 100% authentic and very nice!

She's got a nice voice, but there is definitely some post-production in those vids.

I have to admit, I just don't care for all these people singing covers on YouTube. Singing has always struck me as something someone can either do or they can't. Sure, it needs to be developed, but to me it isn't like learning an instrument from scratch. Plus, everyone knows someone who puts videos of their children/nephews all over Facebook. It seems like everyone wants to get famous singing other people's songs.

Yes, I sound about 100 years old. I don't care. Kiss my spotty arse and get off my lawn etc etc.

Dan.

Back
Top Bottom