You want Stereo Imaging? Look no further...

Sounds great, but doesn't that the red indicator jumping around on the bottom dipping below 0 mean its out of phase?

I should have mentioned that that particular Flux plugin, which not only serves as a cool-looking (but GPU-intensive) stereoscope, also can be used to enhance and de-enhance a stereo image. In the video I was just using it for visual feedback. It's free and can be obtained here > https://www.fluxhome.com/download

Sounds great, but doesn't that the red indicator jumping around on the bottom dipping below 0 mean its out of phase?

Yes, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Engineers sometimes manipulate phase to enhance the image of the source material.

that's a lovely sound, hook me up with dat preset!

Thanks! Here it is. At first I used scene 8, which has all the FX bypassed. And then I used scene 1, which adds in the delays, reverb, and stereo enhancer. Just in case, I'm using Factory Cab 73. Enjoy!

Last edited:
It even changed your notes!! ;)

Well, it changed as I changed notes. That'd be odd if the plugin were controlling my playing! Actually, it'd probably improve things quite a bit! ;) But yeah, that's what perked my interest, watching how it responded visually as I just played through a chromatic scale. I believe it's because the Classic Enhancer, at least to a degree, separates the stereo placement of notes by pitch. That said, when I played in lower registers, the visual response wasn't so dramatic.

I also was comparing what the Stereo Enhancer does compared to the stereo Choruses in terms of imaging, and the (Classic) Enhancer is definitely far more drastic.

do you have a syx file i can load with version 19 firmware?

what firmware is this one?

I should have mentioned that that particular Flux plugin, which not only serves as a cool-looking (but GPU-intensive) stereoscope, also can be used to enhance and de-enhance a stereo image. In the video I was just using it for visual feedback. It's free and can be obtained here > https://www.fluxhome.com/download

Yes, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Engineers sometimes manipulate phase to enhance the image of the source material.

Thanks! Here it is. At first I used scene 8, which has all the FX bypassed. And then I used scene 1, which adds in the delays, reverb, and stereo enhancer. Just in case, I'm using Factory Cab 73. Enjoy!

Unfortunately, the classic enhancer pretty much destroys your mono compatibility entirely.
Yeah, I hear ya. I don't actually use the configuration with the Enhancer block. Really, I was just playing around. It might be more usable if the enhancement were applied solely to the ambience (reverb and delays) so the original signal is left intact. That said, it does lend itself nicely for special FX to make production sound über wide (think: Devin Townsend's production), say, for example, to make the guitars sound super wide on a chorus or a bridge.

Yeah, I hear ya. I don't actually use the configuration with the Enhancer block. Really, I was just playing around. It might be more usable if the enhancement were applied solely to the ambience (reverb and delays) so the original signal is left intact. That said, it does lend itself nicely for special FX to make production sound über wide (think: Devin Townsend's production), say, for example, to make the guitars sound super wide on a chorus or a bridge.

Become friends with Modern mode. Good times will be had.

For some reason when i loaded it - the preset is blank with no sound?
Any idea why ? i am using a axe fx II firmware 19.

Back
Top Bottom