You remember the infamous V30 cab?

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
and all the cr*p the "author" gave me about including it in the firmware. Well I was poking around some impulses out of curiosity and I stumbled upon something very interesting. Turns out that his "original" impulse is actual a modified version of these "Brohymn" impulses. It look as though his "original" impulse is nothing more than a processed version of a Brohymn impulse.

"Like sands through the hourglass..."

facepalm.gif

well well...the cat's out of the bag now...so much for originality....impulse plagiarism...LOL!

That won't happen with my Bogner IRs. I recorded the sweeps, Clawfinger converted them to IRs, so they should be safe.

I listened to the sweep recordings again yesterday, and if you listen close, you can actually hear the noise of my central heating in the background (air in the water circuit). Maybe that water bubbles ambience makes it so special :mrgreen:

FWIW, if you go back to his forum, he's posted an explanation and the original wav he took the IR from. He claims his has nothing to do with the IR CC is talking about.

D

hunter said:
That won't happen with my Bogner IRs. I recorded the sweeps, Clawfinger converted them to IRs, so they should be safe.

I listened to the sweep recordings again yesterday, and if you listen close, you can actually hear the noise of my central heating in the background (air in the water circuit). Maybe that water bubbles ambience makes it so special :mrgreen:

That's why we use sweep files to get the IR's; They doesn't include the background noises. It's all in the hands (that place the mic). That's what makes it special. ;)

I had an impulse to drink a few beers this afternoon. I proclaim this impulse as public property now and welcome all to use this impulse in any manner they see fit.

* velcro-fly * said:
I had an impulse to drink a few beers this afternoon. I proclaim this impulse as public property now and welcome all to use this impulse in any manner they see fit.
Thank you! I'll use it tonight for sure (and store it on User1) :twisted:

If anyone stops by Amersfoort they're welcome to come have one of those cool impulses on me.

RCarter said:
* velcro-fly * said:
Thank you! I'll use it tonight for sure (and store it on User1) :twisted:

In that case I need much more room to store than user1-user10! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom