You know you have a bad azz piece of equipment when.....

Gorilla

Experienced
You turn it 'on' at 6:00pm .... and your Ol' Lady comes in the room at 1:00am and asks when are ya' comin' to bed?:lol

This firmware 5 is insane. When I first got my Axe Fx Ultra. I think I jammed on it maybe 2 hours the first day. It was just too daunting all the stuff in it. Like a kid getting dropped into a giant cotton candy room! When I got my Axe Fx II I jammed a few hours too. But this last update has got me in my little man cave 24/7!! I can't leave. As soon as I say "this is the last riff I'll do tonight" ... I hear some things I aint heard since my old tube head days. I read someone else heard it too. Have you all heard it? Sounds you just don't hear on other sim/ processors/ software amps? Thonks / squeaks / mad pick attacks/ scrapes are crazy brutal/ move your hand on your guitars neck and you hear sounds reminiscence of a 'real' tube head and cab? Haha, had my headphones on, dorked out and turned around and looked at my real Marshall cabs! (( I really don't know why I still have them! )) This dynamics / cab motor drive and newer HF control additions are meltingly mad inventions! Happy it's taken awhile to get my vocalist over to finish our CD I did with my Ultra. Because I'm seriously thinking of re-doing all guitars with this v5 and Axe Fx II now.

I've never seen so many reviews for a firmware update here!

I know I said it when v3.01 came out. And when v4.0 came out. But wow, how are they gunna top this v5 firmware? Cool thing is I don't know how they will .... but they will!:twisted

So glad I upgraded to the Axe Fx II

I'm going throught the same thing with this update. I want to get through all the presets real quick and tweak the new parameters to make them work, but I find myself spending like an hour or two on one patch just playing it with this stupid look on my face of "holy crap, I can't believe how this sounds and feels!"

It really changed everything for me.So easy to dial in the tones I want.Using superior drummer with the metal foundry I totally lose track of time in my studio.I get the same thing from my wife.The best part is I'm not wasting a ton of time finding a great tone.I am actually writing some great riffs and getting shit done.I play thru 2 k 12's and the sound is amazing.I just sold 2 marshall 4x 12 cabs.I will keep my 2 mesa's.Cliff and the guys at FAS Kick serious ass! Thanks a million!

I hear ya guys! My ol' lady is cool though. If my doors open She knows I'm farting around. But if it's shut, she'll text me hahaha.

This is pure speculation, but my guess is that Cliff may be done with the amp modeling side of things for a while. He's been working tirelessly on this for several months now, and I think all the hard work has finally come to his intended fruition. My guess is that any amp modeling improvements will be subtle ones at this point, like a revised value or two based on measurements.

I think he's going to be spending more time improving the product in other ways. Perhaps some new models, maybe some new effects, or options for existing effects.

Back
Top Bottom