You know you are spoiled

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Updating got old quick. Half the time it would sound weird and i would have to search out the forums to find whats different. I guess if your into hitting buttons and turning knobs then updates are great. I'm a little old school and just want to turn it on and play. And, my sound is so good right now, I don't want to touch it.

Man, it's so good no longer having to worry about firmware updates anymore cause you still have a II. No more having to worry about your user cabs and finetuning your presets again. Just plug in and make music. :cool: I pity you people with your III's.

Seriously though, sometimes I think you lot like tweaking even more then making music. If it sounds fine today, why fret about new updates?
Not to be ugly, but the Axe 3 is miles ahead of Axe 2. I have had both. No comparison. My Axe has always worked flawlessly. Some minor tweaks that I never used anyway, but the add Amps, effects, and ease of use updates is what I am spoiled with. Whey you bought the Axe 2 it was the same, always adding new amps, effects and making improvement. I use huge presets that I could never load with the AXE 2 and tons more IRs. Don't get me wrong, the Axe 2 is great, but the Axe 3 is a different animal. I would probably say the FM3 will be better than the Axe 2 also except you can do but one amp, but you have four Channels, I use 4 amps on every preset. The FM3 and the FC 12 Controller is going to be a big thing because it call all go on one pedalboard and be an Axe 3 min a little DSP and only use one amp.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Updating got old quick. Half the time it would sound weird and i would have to search out the forums to find whats different. I guess if your into hitting buttons and turning knobs then updates are great. I'm a little old school and just want to turn it on and play. And, my sound is so good right now, I don't want to touch it.
I never had a problem with one update, knock on wood.

Ya, I had Line 6 stuff way back in the day and I honestly don't recall free fw upgrades...I think there were a few "pay for" upgrades but it was quite a long time ago.
The Helix has not had an update for a year. I am selling mine and getting an FM3. I already have the Axe 3 and FC12.

Not to be ugly, but the Axe 3 is miles ahead of Axe 2. I have had both. No comparison. My Axe has always worked flawlessly. Some minor tweaks that I never used anyway, but the add Amps, effects, and ease of use updates is what I am spoiled with. Whey you bought the Axe 2 it was the same, always adding new amps, effects and making improvement. I use huge presets that I could never load with the AXE 2 and tons more IRs. Don't get me wrong, the Axe 2 is great, but the Axe 3 is a different animal. I would probably say the FM3 will be better than the Axe 2 also except you can do but one amp, but you have four Channels, I use 4 amps on every preset. The FM3 and the FC 12 Controller is going to be a big thing because it call all go on one pedalboard and be an Axe 3 min a little DSP and only use one amp.

You can't miss what you don't have. My II sounds fine yesterday, it sounds fine now, I'm sure it will sound fine tomorrow as well. I never was the one for constantly added new amps, I barely used 2 or 3 at the most anyway. Almost never 2 at once. And who the hell uses 4 amps in a preset? Sounds like 'because I can I will'. I have pity with your FOH engineer trying to keep your sound in the mix. :tonguewink:

Back
Top Bottom