You know you are spoiled

You posted exactly what I was thinking. It's habit that I check the forum more often on Fridays than any other day of the week. It's not like I need to update this thing, it already is working great for me.

I don't need an update either, just spoiled getting one every Friday.

Yes, we do need one thing 😎 . The feature to export bundle presets (preset + user cabs on that preset) with Axe-Edit. That was a very convenient feature on the previous editions of the Axe-FX and AX8.

It was a very convenient way to keep safe copies of our own presets. I hate to recover presets from the hard disk with missing user cabs.

Last edited:
Here is a situation that I'm facing now:

My 3 preset banks of the Axe-III are a mix of factory presets (not many) some Austin Buddy, some Axe-Change, Fremen, Moke, Marco Fanton, etc... my personal modifications of these presets (most of them using User Cabs) and my own presets (most of them with User Cabs). The CAB banks are also a mix, with IR’s from many different pack collections scattered through the user banks.

Now I have purchased the Fremen Mega Pack that requires to install user CABs at several precise locations.

With the Axe-FX II, I would had already saved all my presets as bundles, then I would wipe everything from the Axe-FX and start from scratch. First installing Fremen IRs at their required locations, and then loading my favorite bundles (a bundle allows to select the destination user cab, so I would arrange my cabs on a selected range, not scattered around.

Of course, I can make a total backup of presets and cabs with Fractal-Bot and then install Fremen IRs. But it will be a pain in the ass to recover my presets, because they will lose their user cabs.

Last edited:
Here is a situation that I'm facing now:

My 3 preset banks of the Axe-III are a mix of factory presets (not many) some Austin Buddy, some Axe-Change, Fremen, Moke, Marco Fanton, etc... my personal modifications of these presets (most of them using User Cabs) and my own presets (most of them with User Cabs). The CAB banks are also a mix, with IR’s from many different pack collections scattered through the user banks.

Now I have purchased the Fremen Mega Pack that requires to install user CABs at several precise locations.

With the Axe-FX II, I would had already saved all my presets as bundles, then I would wipe everything from the Axe-FX and start from scratch. First installing Fremen IRs at their required locations, and then loading my favorite bundles (a bundle allows to select the destination user cab, so I would arrange my cabs on a selected range, not scattered around.

Of course, I can make a total backup of presets and cabs with Fractal-Bot and then install Fremen IRs. But it will be a pain in the ass to recover my presets, because they will lose their user cabs.

First world problems.

I also have a Helix and decided to see if there was new firmware. Listen to this. It has been a year with no firmware and promised 3 months ago. Cliff is the best and will never be beaten by another product. He is always on a mission to be the best and loves his users. Well most of them

Ya, I had Line 6 stuff way back in the day and I honestly don't recall free fw upgrades...I think there were a few "pay for" upgrades but it was quite a long time ago.

Man, it's so good no longer having to worry about firmware updates anymore cause you still have a II. No more having to worry about your user cabs and finetuning your presets again. Just plug in and make music. :cool: I pity you people with your III's.

Seriously though, sometimes I think you lot like tweaking even more then making music. If it sounds fine today, why fret about new updates?

Back
Top Bottom