• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

You know you are spoiled

Home Skillet

Inspired
You posted exactly what I was thinking. It's habit that I check the forum more often on Fridays than any other day of the week. It's not like I need to update this thing, it already is working great for me.

Piing

Forum Addict
I don't need an update either, just spoiled getting one every Friday.
Yes, we do need one thing 😎 . The feature to export bundle presets (preset + user cabs on that preset) with Axe-Edit. That was a very convenient feature on the previous editions of the Axe-FX and AX8.

It was a very convenient way to keep safe copies of our own presets. I hate to recover presets from the hard disk with missing user cabs.

Last edited:

Piing

Forum Addict
Here is a situation that I'm facing now:

My 3 preset banks of the Axe-III are a mix of factory presets (not many) some Austin Buddy, some Axe-Change, Fremen, Moke, Marco Fanton, etc... my personal modifications of these presets (most of them using User Cabs) and my own presets (most of them with User Cabs). The CAB banks are also a mix, with IR’s from many different pack collections scattered through the user banks.

Now I have purchased the Fremen Mega Pack that requires to install user CABs at several precise locations.

With the Axe-FX II, I would had already saved all my presets as bundles, then I would wipe everything from the Axe-FX and start from scratch. First installing Fremen IRs at their required locations, and then loading my favorite bundles (a bundle allows to select the destination user cab, so I would arrange my cabs on a selected range, not scattered around.

Of course, I can make a total backup of presets and cabs with Fractal-Bot and then install Fremen IRs. But it will be a pain in the ass to recover my presets, because they will lose their user cabs.

Last edited:

sandmannn69

Inspired
Here is a situation that I'm facing now:

My 3 preset banks of the Axe-III are a mix of factory presets (not many) some Austin Buddy, some Axe-Change, Fremen, Moke, Marco Fanton, etc... my personal modifications of these presets (most of them using User Cabs) and my own presets (most of them with User Cabs). The CAB banks are also a mix, with IR’s from many different pack collections scattered through the user banks.

Now I have purchased the Fremen Mega Pack that requires to install user CABs at several precise locations.

With the Axe-FX II, I would had already saved all my presets as bundles, then I would wipe everything from the Axe-FX and start from scratch. First installing Fremen IRs at their required locations, and then loading my favorite bundles (a bundle allows to select the destination user cab, so I would arrange my cabs on a selected range, not scattered around.

Of course, I can make a total backup of presets and cabs with Fractal-Bot and then install Fremen IRs. But it will be a pain in the ass to recover my presets, because they will lose their user cabs.
First world problems.

josephyballew

Inspired
I also have a Helix and decided to see if there was new firmware. Listen to this. It has been a year with no firmware and promised 3 months ago. Cliff is the best and will never be beaten by another product. He is always on a mission to be the best and loves his users. Well most of them

Gregmang

Forum Addict
Ya, I had Line 6 stuff way back in the day and I honestly don't recall free fw upgrades...I think there were a few "pay for" upgrades but it was quite a long time ago.

Muad'zin

Forum Addict
Man, it's so good no longer having to worry about firmware updates anymore cause you still have a II. No more having to worry about your user cabs and finetuning your presets again. Just plug in and make music. :cool: I pity you people with your III's.

Seriously though, sometimes I think you lot like tweaking even more then making music. If it sounds fine today, why fret about new updates?

Top Bottom