You know you are getting old when...

I feel your pain! A few gigs ago, my guitar tone started sounding really off and I was looking at my Bass player with the, "what the hell did you do to the PA look". It then dawned on me that I was still on the middle pickup selector from 2 songs ago :rolleyes:

When you spend the whole day tweaking presets with a reamped track and you realize that you recorded it with the tone pot turned down

I don't think its an getting old mistake. Stupid doesn't start or ends at any age. Also tone knobs, who needs them?

I always turn the volume knob up on my UNPLUGGED electric guitar before noodling infront of TV....
Glad I'm not the only one. I also flip the toggle between pickups and things like that to emulate the sounds as I'm hearing them in my mind even if I'm not plugged in. Some would say I'm crazy, but my shrink says to roll with it. :)

Lately I've been digging bridge pickup tone down at like 3.5 - 4.5 on my EJ strat.
Even have neck pu rolled off a bit.
More fun than spending hours looking for IRs that make tone on 10 feel ok to me :)

We have multiple EQ blocks. Who needs a tone pot? :cool:

I shall cut the wire! :smilingimp:

Last edited:
I tried recording a microphone without hooking it up to the xlr cable.

When I boosted the preamp by 70 dB with extrememly little level, I realized what I had done.

Last edited:
... you check all cables & connections trying to figure out why you are getting no sound to the monitors only to realize you hadn't turned on the subwoofer that feeds the signal to the monitors.

Not that it happened, but the decreasing times between repetitions. LOL

You know you are getting old when you perceive the seagull squeals at Echoes like an assault against mental health

If I were Gilmour I would redo the song only with the nice parts

Back
Top Bottom