You Knew Etsy Would Ruin Reverb

Reverb is fine with me.. I put in fair "make an offer" and it's usually accepted. I can almost always find what I'm looking for on Reverb but not so much ebay. When I sell, I almost always list at the lowest price and I don't accept offers.... my stuff gets cleared out pretty quickly.

I ignore those bumps just like I ignore google's first 5 search result ads... just trained to skim over them I guess.
Been ignoring parts of the screen since Prodigy on 1200 baud....

I honestly don't understand why people pay so much for advertising....

Reverb might have its flaws, but you bet your ass I’ll never sell gear on eBay again. When I ordered my first Matrix FR10, it got destroyed in shipping and Reverb refunded my money immediately and compensated the seller in less than a week. eBay is nothing more than a flea market anymore.

Anyone have an alternative? Reverb and eBay seem to be the only place you can regularly find a vast variety of used gear.
I’d be happy if either would just institute a “Hide” button that would let you choose not to see a specific item again at that price. It would make my searches so much more efficient.

Anyone have an alternative? Reverb and eBay seem to be the only place you can regularly find a vast variety of used gear.
I’d be happy if either would just institute a “Hide” button that would let you choose not to see a specific item again at that price. It would make my searches so much more efficient.
Most sales and advertisement platforms seem geared to repeat sales, which is fine for many purchase categories, but not a one-size-fits-all thing. With all the ads I get for large/durable/infrequent stuff, it seems clear that no thought has been given to this in the minds of advertisers....

Reverb has a Hide button on each item so you can remove it from your Feed.

That is good for an individual item, but does it prevent them from showing you 57 other items just like it?
Unfortunately, no. But at least they don't keep showing up. Also unfortunately this only works in the Feed.
Jefferski, that is music to my ears.
Just went to the app, and I’m having a hard time finding the hide button. I feel dumb asking, but can you help a brother out?
I don't think it works on the app. On the website, the Feed shows each item in a box... when you hover over it on the lower right (just under the "Mint" or "Very Good" etc) you'll see an X appear. Click it and bye-bye!!

in all fairness I have used reverb for several years buying and selling but mostly selling in the last year/months (saving money for my FM3 that I hope some day I'll get an invite) I've use the reverb bump gladly as it gets my listing sold and for more than a fair price with a very intuitive dashboard that is way better than ebay. new listings are easily filtered out with one click...

Unfortunately, no. But at least they don't keep showing up. Also unfortunately this only works in the Feed.

I don't think it works on the app. On the website, the Feed shows each item in a box... when you hover over it on the lower right (just under the "Mint" or "Very Good" etc) you'll see an X appear. Click it and bye-bye!!
Ok, I’ll try it there. Thanks! Although like someone mentioned earlier, I prefer Reverb’s app to their website.
It only works in the feed? That’s sucks. It makes a lot of sense in a search as well.
For example, I want to search for a pair of Yamaha HS8’s without the subs (HS8S) and the HS80s and the HS840 hi-hats stands all coming up. I understand I could be more specific with my search, but I’ve found that specificity often excludes things I want to see.
If Reverb can do it in your feed, they should do it on a normal search too. I’ve always felt it would helpful to be able to exclude things in searches.
Both would make Reverb and eBay more efficient.

Ok, I’ll try it there. Thanks! Although like someone mentioned earlier, I prefer Reverb’s app to their website.
It only works in the feed? That’s sucks. It makes a lot of sense in a search as well.
For example, I want to search for a pair of Yamaha HS8’s without the subs (HS8S) and the HS80s and the HS840 hi-hats stands all coming up. I understand I could be more specific with my search, but I’ve found that specificity often excludes things I want to see.
If Reverb can do it in your feed, they should do it on a normal search too. I’ve always felt it would helpful to be able to exclude things in searches.
Both would make Reverb and eBay more efficient.
Yea, I agree.

rec.music.makers.marketplace FTW! Back in the good ol' days when you could just ship guitars & amps out and tell folks to either send payment or send it back and no deal ever went south (at least for me). Better days ....
Yup. Ship guitar. Ship money order. Always worked out! Seems incredible now that’s how we did it.

Back
Top Bottom