You have 2 Eventide racks and an Axe rack. How would you route it all?

Valhalla

I had to send my H8000FW in for service. Now it's back, but before I start cabling, I'm interested in hearing some routing ideas from you guys.
I had a good working config that was discussed in another thread here where I got some great advice for using the Feedback Send and Return blocks.
But I'm open to change. Maybe (probably) there's something I haven't thought of.
So you have a 2U Eventide that can do long looping (if you want), an Eclipse and an Ultra, II, IIXL+ or a III. A mixer with aux sends is also at your disposal (optional).
How would you do it? What would be your priorities to best utilize these machines? Inquiring minds want to know.

What do you want to achieve?

It's like saying, "I have milk, butter, eggs, flower, sugar, etc... How should I combine them?".

We don't know what you're cooking up, so we can't give much advice on a recipe :)

I'm not asking for advice. I'm asking how would you route these machines for what you are cooking up.
Well... I don't have all the ingredients you do. So my answer is simple: guitar -> Axe Fx III -> speakers :)

I don't feel like there's any specific thing I want to do that I can't already accomplish with that.

If I did, then I'd set things up to address the most flexible use case, which would most likely be to put the external devices into the Axe Fx via loops. That allows for placing them wherever in my signal chain I want and allows me to turn them on and off easily from the Axe Fx.

However, being pretty comfortable with midi, I'm sure they would also need connected via midi for more fun/flexibility.

Back
Top Bottom