You Guys/Gals Are in for Another Treat

I once rented a Triple Rectifier for a recording session. That amp had a massive wallop like a locomotive. I wound up using a D112 as one of the mics, just because I wanted to capture the low end. It had that big RAWR sound, but my favorite aspect was the dark percussive slam at the front of the pressure wave.

I once rented a Triple Rectifier for a recording session. That amp had a massive wallop like a locomotive. I wound up using a D112 as one of the mics, just because I wanted to capture the low end. It had that big RAWR sound, but my favorite aspect was the dark percussive slam at the front of the pressure wave.
Did all that low end get kept on the record? Folks are always talking about how that often doesn't work in a real mix.

So, just so we're clear....the main thing to look forward to in this upcoming firmware is next-level chugging? Asking for a friend:cool:

Did all that low end get kept on the record? Folks are always talking about how that often doesn't work in a real mix.
It did, but we had to make some decisions about where to make adjustments to allow the bass guitar and kick / low toms to speak clearly. I did the bass parts as well, so I was able to decide how to shape that tone to complement the big crushing guitar.

Finally the secret will be: "get a hard pic, play downstrokes and every note as it will be your last (like Hetfield), do palmmutes...." :tearsofjoy:

Letting the bass and drums occupy their range is a myth?
Every situation is different-so people with a 3 piece band will say 'oh we didn't have to cut anything and it sounds massive' whereas a big band with keys, brass, strings, backup singers, multiple guitarists etc CANNOT do that

So it's a myth for those it works for, but a very real issue for who it doesn't

I often play in a duo with just an acoustic, you’d think I’d get away with lots of bass but it sounds better if I eq the same as with the full band 🤷‍♂️ His acoustic adds the fullness and I guess is bassy enough

Back
Top Bottom