You guys are the best.... We just need a little help with PITCH!

Hey Guys:

I wanted to start out by saying - You guys are amazing. You hit it out of the park with the AXE FX III. I have tried them all. KEMPER, LINE 6. A few of your older models. The AX FX III is RIGHT ON POINT. I’ve had band members come up to me and say that thing is magical, lyrical... musical. Pretty awesome! The learning curve has been a bit complicated for a simpleton like me. But your SUPPORT TEAM and folks here on the Forum are both Award Winning. Worthy of all the accolades and awards. Thank you!!! You rock!!!

To my point - since you guys are so smart and way ahead of the game. You have to be able to fix that PITCH BLOCK. More specifically, THE CAPO. I use/need this for 1/2 down tuning and it is pretty unusable. I’ve been on the forums and talked with people. I’m getting the sense that most have given up on it. They all say the same thing. I’m not playing a lot of high gain stuff, which seems to be a little better. The higher the gain the better. There are pretty noticeable artifacts and latency issues with this. There really isn’t a lot of tweaking you can do with this effect. It should be on and boom.

The KEMPER DOES IT very well right out of the box and with a click of the knob. I’ve tried it in depth. The DIGITECH DROP pedal is pretty much spot on. Currently, I am plugging the Digi DROP into the Axe FX III input and it appears to be working.

Can’t you get one of these two units, or even both, in house and see what they are doing? While I have a work around - that is exactly it - I don’t want a work around. I’m excepting the Axe to do it all. Sorry man! You set the bar pretty high here.

I’m sure you’ve heard or seen other people ranting on this. I apologize here for my ranting. I just thought you guys should know. Maybe pass this on to whoever deals with this. You are that one step away from perfection. Or a1/2 step!!! Get it? Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Thank you so much for all your help and SUPPORT.

You guys are the best.

Marc

Do you have a sample of what you are hearing?

I just tried it here with a clean patch, and 5.02 - Sounds great at 1/2 step (Virtual cap Shift -1). What settings are you using in your pitch block? Where in the chain do you have it?

I use it right after input before anything else.

I still use my Drop pedal. I have absolutely no problem with the latency, it has more to do with the coloration of the sound. I just get a better quality sound with the Drop.

Wintersun has been using the pitch shift pedal (to drop 2 1/2 steps!) live since 2013, according to MetalSucks. Their music is quite technical and latency can't have gotten worse in the 6 years of software and hardware progress since then.

The stock setting for the tracking parameter has way too much latency. Once you tweak this parameter the latency is workable imo

To me noticeably better before the amp. Been having great results with mid gain stuff.
Tracking setting way down.

Back
Top Bottom