You guys are in for another treat.

I couldn't sleep last night. As I lay there I had another epiphany. Spent the morning coding it. It's good.
Did you know that Thomas Edison (not defending him as a person; I think he was a shitheel to Tesla...) understood the power of the subconscious mind in solving problems, and since the subconscious is at work while we sleep, he would purposely tap into its powers when he was stumped on an invention he was working on, by sitting in an armchair with his hand holding some marbles above a metal bowl, and allow himself to fall asleep while thinking about said problem, so that as his mind crossed from consciousness to subconsciousness, and he started to fall asleep, his hand would relax, the marbles would fall into the bowl and wake him up. Apparently he came up with many inventions and/or solutions to problems in this manner. (Tesla just figured everything out in his head, in 3-D, on the spot.)

I'm betting something similar may have happened. I can't count the number of times I've either been falling asleep, or just waking up, and think of a solution to some important work-related issue/problem.

I'm new to the FAS world, having recently bought an Axe Fx III Mark 2, and I emphatically second all the positive responses here in this thread. My best friend (and 2 of his bandmates) were all so, "DUDE! You just GOTTA get a Helix!" With my limited knowledge (at the time) of the differences, I tried explaining to him why I wanted an AF3 instead, and since getting my feet wet, and seeing how this company and community works, I'm so glad I chose Fractal. In fact, I generally don't do bumper stickers (last one I had on my old truck was Mesa Boogie), but I slapped that Fractal sticker ON!

Did you know that Thomas Edison (not defending him as a person; I think he was a shitheel to Tesla...) understood the power of the subconscious mind in solving problems, and since the subconscious is at work while we sleep, he would purposely tap into its powers when he was stumped on an invention he was working on, by sitting in an armchair with his hand holding some marbles above a metal bowl, and allow himself to fall asleep while thinking about said problem, so that as his mind crossed from consciousness to subconsciousness, and he started to fall asleep, his hand would relax, the marbles would fall into the bowl and wake him up. Apparently he came up with many inventions and/or solutions to problems in this manner. (Tesla just figured everything out in his head, in 3-D, on the spot.)

I'm betting something similar may have happened. I can't count the number of times I've either been falling asleep, or just waking up, and think of a solution to some important work-related issue/problem.

I'm new to the FAS world, having recently bought an Axe Fx III Mark 2, and I emphatically second all the positive responses here in this thread. My best friend (and 2 of his bandmates) were all so, "DUDE! You just GOTTA get a Helix!" With my limited knowledge (at the time) of the differences, I tried explaining to him why I wanted an AF3 instead, and since getting my feet wet, and seeing how this company and community works, I'm so glad I chose Fractal. In fact, I generally don't do bumper stickers (last one I had on my old truck was Mesa Boogie), but I slapped that Fractal sticker ON!

You should dig into lucid dreaming. My current sleep schedule doesn’t really allow for it anymore, but it’s something I was very much into for a number of years. The hard part is not using it for ‘entertainment’ purposes. During the time I was into it, I got more practice done while I was asleep than I did when I was awake.

You should dig into lucid dreaming. My current sleep schedule doesn’t really allow for it anymore, but it’s something I was very much into for a number of years. The hard part is not using it for ‘entertainment’ purposes. During the time I was into it, I got more practice done while I was asleep than I did when I was awake.
I've had a couple lucid dreams, and I have a basic understanding of how to make them happen. For a time I practiced trying to have oobe's, and came close to being successful a few times. It was pretty awesome. I try to be mindful of hijacking a thread, so I'll leave it at that.

Thanks very much for all the likes!

I've had a couple lucid dreams, and I have a basic understanding of how to make them happen. For a time I practiced trying to have oobe's, and came close to being successful a few times. It was pretty awesome. I try to be mindful of hijacking a thread, so I'll leave it at that.

Thanks very much for all the likes!
My daughter is a pretty regular lucid dreamer. Not me, I rarely remember my dreams at all, even that I had them. Sometimes I wake up from one in the middle of the night, think I'll remember it because it was so striking, or funny, or something, but nope. I'm clearly a less evolved being than some.

So, this would impact low frequency transient response?

How is speaker compression due to voice coil heating different from say any other limiter or compressor? Is it only a 100-200 millisecond effect? Does it create a throbby oscillation as the voice coil recovers? Maybe like a tremolo effect? I never really played with it.
As someone who's played lots of bass, the big deal about voice coil heating for me has always been how it decreases volume. Leading to the bass player turning up. Which makes it heat up more and get even less efficient.

This process finally halts once my speaker's voice coil melts. Lots of bass players have gotten good at recognizing the sound of speaker compression out of simple financial necessity. :oops:

I really hope this firmware update doesn't melt my Axe FX and send me a repair bill, like real world speaker compression has done!

Back
Top Bottom