You guys are in for another treat.

All my years with Fractal rigs have had me waffling between real guitar cabs and FRFR for loud live band context. I would LOVE to become 100% satisfied on FR and do away with cabs for good. Any detail that might get us a smidgeon closer to ideal is SO welcome, can't wait for this :) Exciting times

I'm sure this has been asked many times in the past:

Will we ever get interlinked parameters? I can think of numerous instances that it would be nice to have, but maybe this is the biggest one. Where adjusting the master volume also adjusts this parameter, and speaker drive,and speaker compression, etc to reflect it. A modifier of sorts. Some almost fancy math should be able to take care of it, no?

While your at it, do the power tube type and transformer drive and bias, etc too.

It's kind of silly (I use this word not to degrade the company's decisions, but in the truest definition of the word) that we have to know all the affected parameters when adjusting others.

Will we ever get interlinked parameters? I can think of numerous instances that it would be nice to have, but maybe this is the biggest one. Where adjusting the master volume also adjusts this parameter, and speaker drive,and speaker compression, etc to reflect it. A modifier of sorts. Some almost fancy math should be able to take care of it, no?

While your at it, do the power tube type and transformer drive and bias, etc too.

It's kind of silly (I use this word not to degrade the company's decisions, but in the truest definition of the word) that we have to know all the affected parameters when adjusting others.
IIRC some of those 'effects' are already MV dependent, such as speaker compression and drive. Cliff is smart.

But I don't know how tube type and bias would be "interlinked" with the MV dial.

If you're looking for details on how all the parameters interact, that is in Cliff's brain and in the firmware code itself. Some of the interactions are probably not able to be put into words, only mathematics or circuit diagrams.

IIRC some of those 'effects' are already MV dependent, such as speaker compression and drive. Cliff is smart.

But I don't know what tube type and bias have to do with changing the MV dial.

It's not related to the MV. Cliff has said that if you change the power tube type, there's a few other parameters that need to be adjusted as well to reflect the change. I was highlighting another situation where interlinked parameters would be beneficial.

I'm sure this has been asked many times in the past:

Well, the speaker distortion, drive, etc. depend not only on the amp but also the cabinet. There’s no practical way to have accurately automatic settings for the thousands of IRs out there. Manual adjustment seems the best solution, although I agree it isn’t ideal.

All my years with Fractal rigs have had me waffling between real guitar cabs and FRFR for loud live band context. I would LOVE to become 100% satisfied on FR and do away with cabs for good. Any detail that might get us a smidgeon closer to ideal is SO welcome, can't wait for this :) Exciting times
I kind of like cabs/speakers and I have accumulated quite a good collection of them. I just want to get away from needing multiple tube power amplifiers. If I could get a solid-state power amp to behave exactly like a tube power amp, I would be over the moon.

Last edited:
52tfh8.jpg
Perfect.

I'm more afraid of Elonet than Cliffnet/FASnet.

If hyperrealistic tube amp models become conscious and demand great guitar players plug into their inputs (I'll be excluded :)) that's not as bad as all interconnected IOTs rising up against us.

Back
Top Bottom