You guys are in for another treat.

I've had my AxeFX III Mk II for about six months now, and I'm still feel like I'm only scratching the surface with it. I've spent up until now just reveling in the authentic pages of amps, pretending I own all the most sought after amps in the world, but today and last night I started really messing with the ideal pages of mid gain amps, really dialing them in to fit my guitar and my playing style. Holy crap, how incredibly awesome. I've always had my vision of what particular amps would be capable of, and it's just so easy to dial in with the AxeFX. Now, on top of that, there is a goddamn barrage of improvements hitting me in the face. I'm not at all stuck to presets, so for me, I'll just update all day long and see it as a fun thing rather than a hindrance. I can always spend a minute turning knobs and pretty much get there.

I never want to spend money on myself, but I'll never hesitate on spending whatever money we have on my wife and whatever she needs for tools or whatever. So I could never justify buying the Axe. But after talking about everything I read on this forum for so long, she finally started harping on me to buy it, and I'm just constantly feeling so glad she did. I really thought 15.01 was the bees knees, but Cygnus really did further dimensionalize the amps, and I can't imagine what else is on the horizon. Cliff doesn't approach his products like an executive, nickel and diming every ounce of profit out of a product, he approaches his products like an artist; if the inspiration of an idea moves him, he implements it. I feel nothing but respect for that.

That’s precisely because he is a player!! ... & and connoisseur of guitar, amps and TONE!! 👍🏻

This is what sets him apart!

Did I mention heinous genius? 😊

I’m not
I've had my AxeFX III Mk II for about six months now, and I'm still feel like I'm only scratching the surface with it. I've spent up until now just reveling in the authentic pages of amps, pretending I own all the most sought after amps in the world, but today and last night I started really messing with the ideal pages of mid gain amps, really dialing them in to fit my guitar and my playing style. Holy crap, how incredibly awesome. I've always had my vision of what particular amps would be capable of, and it's just so easy to dial in with the AxeFX. Now, on top of that, there is a goddamn barrage of improvements hitting me in the face. I'm not at all stuck to presets, so for me, I'll just update all day long and see it as a fun thing rather than a hindrance. I can always spend a minute turning knobs and pretty much get there.

I never want to spend money on myself, but I'll never hesitate on spending whatever money we have on my wife and whatever she needs for tools or whatever. So I could never justify buying the Axe. But after talking about everything I read on this forum for so long, she finally started harping on me to buy it, and I'm just constantly feeling so glad she did. I really thought 15.01 was the bees knees, but Cygnus really did further dimensionalize the amps, and I can't imagine what else is on the horizon. Cliff doesn't approach his products like an executive, nickel and diming every ounce of profit out of a product, he approaches his products like an artist; if the inspiration of an idea moves him, he implements it. I feel nothing but respect for that.

I’ve been a customer for almost 10 years.

it never gets old.

Well I figured it was either he figured out the long lost recipe for the exact specific ingredients of pre rola Pulsonic speaker cones that was lost when the factory burned to the ground and a way to digitally reproduce the mixture or that it had something to do with voice coil radiation impedence.

It would be nice if the radiation parameter could be controlled by an expression pedal so we could have direct control of it while playing.

I will get to checking all that out as soon as I venture off the first preset. Lol

@FractalAudio Dude, I just need to know what pillows you're using to sleep. Cause I need me one just like it! lol They obviously seem to allow you to tap directly into the cosmic tone vault!
Looking forward to yet another amazing ride!

My setup is Fm3 > Fryette PS > Greenback cab. I think it sounds incredible.. easily the best tone I've ever had.
At last practice I turned up speaker compression to about 20% and it was the final tweak to make my tone absolute on the day. I cant imagine it being any better to be honest.. and we still have Cygnus to wait for. It's so good to be part of the Fractal family!
[Group hug]

He mentioned in the last Cygnus thread that the final Cygnus release is almost done.

This new eCliffany is something new and will likely be another update altogether.
You think this new improvement will be in the final Cygnus update so ?

My setup is Fm3 > Fryette PS > Greenback cab. I think it sounds incredible.. easily the best tone I've ever had.
At last practice I turned up speaker compression to about 20% and it was the final tweak to make my tone absolute on the day. I cant imagine it being any better to be honest.. and we still have Cygnus to wait for. It's so good to be part of the Fractal family!
[Group hug]
Gotta get myself a Fryette PS !!
Time to sell the SD PS170

All of the other modeling companies must read this stuff and say: "WTF! How the hell are we going to beat this guy!"
I went the other way with other modelers for a while and recently bought an Axe-FX III. I'm glad I did. Not only does it sound killer, but I had also forgotten how nice it was to have information on nearly a daily basis. I know that some of the competition doesn't even mention what they are doing on a monthly basis, much less keep us users informed on nearly a daily basis as Cliff does. So we are "very" fortunate to have this because believe me, this is NOT the norm outside of the fractal world.

Back
Top Bottom