You guys are in for another treat.

I've had my AxeFX III Mk II for about six months now, and I'm still feel like I'm only scratching the surface with it. I've spent up until now just reveling in the authentic pages of amps, pretending I own all the most sought after amps in the world, but today and last night I started really messing with the ideal pages of mid gain amps, really dialing them in to fit my guitar and my playing style. Holy crap, how incredibly awesome. I've always had my vision of what particular amps would be capable of, and it's just so easy to dial in with the AxeFX. Now, on top of that, there is a goddamn barrage of improvements hitting me in the face. I'm not at all stuck to presets, so for me, I'll just update all day long and see it as a fun thing rather than a hindrance. I can always spend a minute turning knobs and pretty much get there.

I never want to spend money on myself, but I'll never hesitate on spending whatever money we have on my wife and whatever she needs for tools or whatever. So I could never justify buying the Axe. But after talking about everything I read on this forum for so long, she finally started harping on me to buy it, and I'm just constantly feeling so glad she did. I really thought 15.01 was the bees knees, but Cygnus really did further dimensionalize the amps, and I can't imagine what else is on the horizon. Cliff doesn't approach his products like an executive, nickel and diming every ounce of profit out of a product, he approaches his products like an artist; if the inspiration of an idea moves him, he implements it. I feel nothing but respect for that.

Any chance that we can have a preview or hint on this new epiphany?

I'm really enjoying the betas and how everything is developing. Now when I go back to the Area 2.0 in the Axe-FX II, it's a nice reset of my ears and how far things have progressed, not that it's a bad sound, but the bloom has definitely improved.

Great work, Cliff. It's an honor to support your ecosystem.

Any chance that we can have a preview or hint on this new epiphany?

I'm really enjoying the betas and how everything is developing. Now when I go back to the Area 2.0 in the Axe-FX II, it's a nice reset of my ears and how far things have progressed, not that it's a bad sound, but the bloom has definitely improved.

Great work, Cliff. It's an honor to support your ecosystem.
It's an improved Speaker Dynamics algorithm. I've never been super happy with the current speaker compression. Mathematically it's right, or at least I though it was right. But I realized that there's a wrinkle to the analysis. It has to do with the change in the radiation impedance with respect to voice coil temperature.

I did a first pass at it that sounds good but it isn't exact. I just figured out how to do it exact but I'm too tired right now. I'll work on it more tomorrow.

It's an improved Speaker Dynamics algorithm. I've never been super happy with the current speaker compression. Mathematically it's right, or at least I though it was right. But I realized that there's a wrinkle to the analysis. It has to do with the change in the radiation impedance with respect to voice coil temperature.

I did a first pass at it that sounds good but it isn't exact. I just figured out how to do it exact but I'm too tired right now. I'll work on it more tomorrow.
mind blowing.gif

Protect this man. He is a god damned national treasure.

Back
Top Bottom