You gotta see this rack!

now this is getting really interesting…

I currently have an MFC mk1 and an FC-300.. both are great in their own ways and highly capable..
and of course if I wish I can combine them via MIDI.. have one to change presets and the other for IA's..
it was a fun experiment / puzzle just to see if I could make it work.. but it's a hammer to crack a nut though..

I could however expand on my current MFC config with a pair of FS-6 switches.. but it has a limitation [although my new solution is easier to live with]..
I could upgrade to the MFC mk3.. which for just one feature is doubtful and a pretty silly thing to do really..
or.. the alternative.. ditch both controllers and head for the mother of all controllers..

thanks for the link matey....
I just took a quick look and that thing looks majorly flexible..
feeling the need to have a snoop through the manual now and maybe ping a few questions to their support folk..

Exceptional support and forward thinking design. Since the MasterMind GT series has rolled out 2 years ago, I've emailed the firmware designer update requests for expanded functionality and had the updated firmware emailed back to me in a few days. I can't think of another manufacturer that responds to client needs as quickly.

that's awesome sounding… I read the manual too.. highly impressed..
it's a lot of bux though, and my "new music toys and stuff" $$ right now are going on orchestral / cinematic AU instruments [cos I'm working in a movie trailer writing team]..
as a stop gap though, I've just redesigned the config of my MFC mk1 so it can get me closer to what I really need…

I think I'll be gravitating toward the GT22 at some point though.. it's certainly caught my eye..

Mike @ Nice Rack does work for me as well, and I was at his shop last week talking about setting up a Toronto-based Axe-FX Summit at his shop, super nice guy, extremely knowledgeable!

I tend to think that, if you were to make a physical rack of what's in my XL+, it would look even more intimidating than this.

To me, this sort of tech is simply amazing, and building something like this that actually produces musical sound when it is completed is a feat in itself. Hats off to these folks. Nice racks will always be pleasant to gaze upon. Even when you can't afford them. :)

And I am lost in a maze with one good preset on my Axe FX and using my guitars volume pot and switches. So many tones...so little time.
But it would sure be fun to plug into that beast for an afternoon.

If anyone lives in/near the Toronto area, Mike, who created this beast, is having an open house and fractal product showcase!

Mike, i can't make it, but I'd love to be there!

I sold my bi-phase to fund the Ultra

The Mutron was such a beast to haul around but i couldn't ignore the fact that it looked like an awesome Transformer so haul i did : )

Back
Top Bottom