You gotta see this rack!

looks impressive. it really does.
but i can see this guitarist roadies running around hooking that all up in about 30-40minutes.....

then i see a kid walk in with a back pack and sit his axe fx II on the drum riser and his mfc101 on the floor, in one minute. and have pretty much the same sound as this monster hahahahaha

Came here to see the other kind of rack. Was disappointed.

Feel better?

lynx-rack.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks impressive. it really does.
but i can see this guitarist roadies running around hooking that all up in about 30-40minutes.....

then i see a kid walk in with a back pack and sit his axe fx II on the drum riser and his mfc101 on the floor, in one minute. and have pretty much the same sound as this monster hahahahaha

Set up time is 7 minutes from lids on to sound.

"Pretty much" is not the "same as". Some of our client's prefer the real thing, some of them prefer the modelled thing. We give the customer what they want.

Yeah!…you know, the word "RIG" also means, 18-wheeler tractor-trailer. Who ever wants to haul this crazy thing around is going to need one!
(I'm plenty happy with my AxeFX !!)

Actually when it left our shop for the studio it's installed in, it went by 14 foot box truck.

When we were in the design phase of this system, we knew there was really only one MIDI Controller powerful enough to interact with the Infinity Rack, the RJM Music MasterMind GT-22.

With multiple pages of Instant Access switching to Matrix Presets, Audio Connections, Amp Functions & Effects Presets building sounds is super quick and easy.*

Upon completion the system has 154 Instant Access Switches with more than 50% of the system capacity available for future demand.*

Complimenting this awe inspiring controller are 2x Boss FV500L Expression Pedals which are mapped per preset to various functions in the system.*

that is a very very interesting looking MIDI controller
I think I'd like to find out a lot more about it and it's capabilities..

thanks for the link matey....
I just took a quick look and that thing looks majorly flexible..
feeling the need to have a snoop through the manual now and maybe ping a few questions to their support folk..

If I had the scratch I'd love to try one out. I'm seeing them in more and more pro touring rigs.

thanks for the link matey....
I just took a quick look and that thing looks majorly flexible..
feeling the need to have a snoop through the manual now and maybe ping a few questions to their support folk..

I can tell you all about it. :)

I think I will take you up on your offer...
from the looks of it, on the GT, any switch can be anything [preset or IA or both], and it can have lots of MIDI commands [a pile of CC's for example] assigned, all user definable
is this true???

I think I will take you up on your offer...
from the looks of it, on the GT, any switch can be anything [preset or IA or both], and it can have lots of MIDI commands [a pile of CC's for example] assigned, all user definable
is this true???

True. And switches can do multiple things with "pages" so you can step through pages to access even more IAs/presets/externals -- it's...rather sick and awesome.

+1

I'll be frank: I feel somewhat hesitant to promote a foot controller from another manufacturer here on the forum. :)

I didn't replace the MFC because I wasn't satisfied with it. I bought the GT because of its displays, its many buttons (and more space inbetween) and because it's so customizable.

As a matter of fact, during the process of programming the GT I realized how fantastic the MFC and the Axe-Fx work together.

Good thing for candidates wanting to use a GT with the Axe-Fx: I worked out most peculiarities in the past week, learning do's and don'ts, so I can pass these on.

Last edited:
really interesting controller…
I see it has a link feature that can light other IA's, can you also link switches like you can in the MFC so that if you switch scenes with a bunch of IA's, the active one is lit, the others unlit, change scene, that switch lights up and the other goes out?

really interesting controller…
I see it has a link feature that can light other IA's, can you also link switches like you can in the MFC so that if you switch scenes with a bunch of IA's, the active one is lit, the others unlit, change scene, that switch lights up and the other goes out?

Example of using IA Link:
On the Axe-Fx I'm using Ext Controller 2 to control Rate in Rotary and Tremolo.
On the GT I have separate Rotary and Tremolo buttons.
I've programmed both buttons to change the rate when holding (instead of pressing) the button (by assigning the Hold function to Ext Ctrl 2).
Now, by using IA Link the text "Speed" lights up on the other button to when holding it on one of them.

Example of grouping (called "switch linking" on the MFC):
I have Amp 1 and Amp 2 buttons. I put these in a group, so pushing one will put the other in bypass.
You can specify if you also allow both buttons to be off.

Back
Top Bottom