You got any thoughts on the Evertune Bridge system?

It does nothing any other bridge wouldn't do when it comes to INTONATION. That is to say, if your neck/fretboard is made of wood, and it reacts the way wood does when exposed to different temperature/humidity, you will still need to check your action and intonation (most likely with a TR adjustment, as bridges don't move on their own).

Specifically what I found (for me... YMMV) is that the bridge mechanisms, regarding adjusting the action and intonation, was so easy and positive compared to other bridges. It will compensate tuning for temp and humidity changes but you definitely have to monitor your TR. I keep mine set to .001 relief. Two or three times a year, as the seasons change, I have to bring it back to desired specs.

... until they come up with a bigsby style tremolo with the evertune concept, my main "constantly out of tune" guitar will still not get helped. :/

Ugly as sin and you have to route your guitar out.

Meh, I never really give a shit about the looks of a bridge. I mean, if it does its job well and is comfortable, it can look like a saggy vagina for all I care.

But the ET is HUGE! There must be a way for them to minimize the real estate it takes up, not to mention the routing, which is among the largest cavities I've ever seen... it really seems like a simple fulcrum/lever design that could be not much bigger (in appearance and routing) than your run of the mill non-locking tremolo if they put their minds to it.

I have an LTD EC-1000ET.

It is glorious. Using simply the tuning pegs, you can tune each string's bend sensitivity to your needs, from bends take no effect, to bends operate like you expect, and everything in between. I've had it 2 years now, and it was a factory install. It is extremely comfortable to play. It really really works. Check the tuning every week or 2, make a micro adjustment once in a while, and that's it. Drop tuning is easy, when you know what to do. All the other strings remain perfect, so only 1 string adjustment is required, unlike traditional fixed bridges.

It's the best fixed bridge I've used. It is fucking dope.

I picked mine up used for $500 Canadian, and I think I almost stole it really, considering the quality of this guitar. Only issue was the Active PUPS, which I'm about to swap out, and just cause i find them flat.

The bridge is an amazing piece of technology, one of the only real good guitar innovations recently, the other being the PLEK machine, which is about to change the game of precision setup.

I have an LTD EC-1000ET.

It is glorious. Using simply the tuning pegs, you can tune each string's bend sensitivity to your needs, from bends take no effect, to bends operate like you expect, and everything in between. I've had it 2 years now, and it was a factory install. It is extremely comfortable to play. It really really works. Check the tuning every week or 2, make a micro adjustment once in a while, and that's it. Drop tuning is easy, when you know what to do. All the other strings remain perfect, so only 1 string adjustment is required, unlike traditional fixed bridges.

It's the best fixed bridge I've used. It is fucking dope.

I picked mine up used for $500 Canadian, and I think I almost stole it really, considering the quality of this guitar. Only issue was the Active PUPS, which I'm about to swap out, and just cause i find them flat.

The bridge is an amazing piece of technology, one of the only real good guitar innovations recently, the other being the PLEK machine, which is about to change the game of precision setup.
Do you go back and forth between drop and standard tuning? What is the easiest way to do this? I've heard of using the tuner to tune down out of zone 2 to zone 1 on the low string. You lose the evertune functionality in that zone but its quick. Alternatively you could just use the key to tune the string down, but that takes A LOT of turns, I've heard. I'm curious as I have an ET guitar coming in a few days... :)

I've just got a VGS road cruiser with a factory instated Evertune.

The guitar is not specially good but the bridge is absolutely amazing.

It's very easy to get used not to tune your guitar every time you want to play it.

The bends are ok. The chords sound right (in fact it lets you play worse and sound better).

I'm just not sure if I can trust it: tomorrow I fly overseas for a pair of gigs. I'll only carry one guitar and I'm not sure if I should choose this one. Maybe I'll take a Tele and wait till next week when I have 3 gigs at home and I can carry a Tele just in case the new one fails.

Any problems with your Evertunes?

It's just too new for me and I still don't know if I can trust it.

Last week I used mine onstage for the first time. 2,5 hours. No problems at all. The bass player and the other guitar player had to retune a few times. It's so great not worrying about that!!!!

I really haven't used it live because of the picupks. I didn't like them. Specially the bridge HB. But I'm getting used to it. It's an EMG HZ. I'll probably change it some day. Maybe a SD '59? So many replacement pickups out there...

I have to say, I bought a washburn solar guitar specifically because I wanted to try out an ET equipped guitar. I really like it alot. It's not only great for live use, it is an awesome recording guitar because your tracks stay dead on in tune with each other without having to tweak your tuning between takes. With that being said, I would never route out one of my Les Pauls to fit one of these. BUT, the guitar I do have with it equipped has quickly become one of my favorite guitars to play. Once you educate yourself on how to properly set it up for your playing style and situation it is super easy to operate.

pics of solar
It's the original Washburn model before he stepped out on his own with Solar guitars. Nothing special, Solar 16 ETC. This isn;t my actual guitar, but it's the same model I have. It's an extremely comfortable guitar to play, the neck feels awesome, and the guitar sounds great. and Just for comparisons sake, ALL of my other guitars are les paul standards, So this was my "I want something different" guitar.
d67e39548c1ca572ad4aaa7f632d53db.jpg

My first exposure to an Evertune didn’t work out all that well, it was an ex-hire instrument and the mechanism had been purposely sabotaged so I didn’t learn much from it before it was sent back from whence it came.

I kinda like the idea of the VGS Tommy Denander True temperament fretted, Evertune loaded guitar. There’s one for sale near me*, but
I’m not liking what’s been said about this instrument on this very thread. It sounds like the instrument itself isn’t all that terrific. Was it the pick ups that let it down? They’re easily swapped out.

*near me = same country but not near enough to allow a visit.

Back
Top Bottom