You can't make the Axe III sound bad

axes

Experienced
So yeah... I was just explaining to a friend how the Axe III is so that you can't make it sound bad and I just had to reminisce...
I had the Ultra, had the II (actually 3 of the IIs throughout the years) and now I have the III Mark II.
The II still sounds great and absolutely viable option but you had to dig into it a little to make it sound truly excellent.
But the III is at a very different level. The factory presets are so good that in many cases I don't even touch the authentic controls just start playing and get lost in it.
Isn't this what we all dream of with guitar gear? Forgetting it all and just enjoying to play?
And even on days when for some reason I feel like experimenting, I pull up an amp and cab block, a delay and reverb and within seconds I have great tones.
Or if I really feel like sounding like a particular artist, I just throw together the stuff they use in the Axe and it sounds just like them. It's actually mind blowing.
At this point I'd really only want more amps, more cabs, more effects, but tonally, for me, we're there.

Any tone is a usable tone for something. Have you heard the stems from some of the classics????

Obviously I didn't put it the right way.
You can get subjectively bad sounds of out the Axe but at the end of the day every tone is authentic and quality, and you could get the same "bad sound" out of the same amp/effects.

Back
Top Bottom