AFIII You Better Wait Steve Perry Solo Cover

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
One of my favourite songs and solos from the 80's. Lincoln Brewster is a monster player. Here I removed all the original guitar tracks and laid down my own. I overdubbed the rhythm parts. Using my Axe-Fx III and Schecter Banshee Mach 6.

Mark Day showing the kind of left-hand vibrato technique that separates the big ears from the small. Every time I check one of these out I just feel the joy of the saturation, the chorus, that smooth studio sound. I also get that every time I sit down to my Axe. :cool:

Mark Day showing the kind of left-hand vibrato technique that separates the big ears from the small. Every time I check one of these out I just feel the joy of the saturation, the chorus, that smooth studio sound. I also get that every time I sit down to my Axe. :cool:
Thank you for the kind words!!

Love it my friend! I did a cover of Lincoln Brewster's Miraculum (christmas song) back in 2020 and man he's an absolute monster, just like you!!

Next up…..”Somewhere, there’s hope”

Keep in mind, Lincoln was 19 when he recorded that album, at best. Maybe 18.

I saw that tour in Sunrise Florida in 1993. Front row seats. They sang Happy Birthday to Lincoln because it was his 20th Birthday.

Imagine auditioning for Steve Perry and getting the gig, at that age.

Not sure if you know how that happened, but when Randy Jackson was a record artist rep, he had lunch with Steve. Steve told him he had been trying to work with Jason Becker, but Jason’s hand strength was already failing. Steve stopped their jam because he knew something was really seriously wrong and just took him to the movies for the day to take the pressure off of trying to play music that day.

Randy told him he had a cassette of a young guy from Alaska that would be perfect to do a new album and take on tour.

It was Lincoln.

Thanks Randy for introducing the world to this amazing player.

Next up…..”Somewhere, there’s hope”

Keep in mind, Lincoln was 19 when he recorded that album, at best. Maybe 18.

I saw that tour in Sunrise Florida in 1993. Front row seats. They sang Happy Birthday to Lincoln because it was his 20th Birthday.

Imagine auditioning for Steve Perry and getting the gig, at that age.

Not sure if you know how that happened, but when Randy Jackson was a record artist rep, he had lunch with Steve. Steve told him he had been trying to work with Jason Becker, but Jason’s hand strength was already failing. Steve stopped their jam because he knew something was really seriously wrong and just took him to the movies for the day to take the pressure off of trying to play music that day.

Randy told him he had a cassette of a young guy from Alaska that would be perfect to do a new album and take on tour.

It was Lincoln.

Thanks Randy for introducing the world to this amazing player.
Cool story!

Back
Top Bottom