York audio v30 cab

Ok , so maybe due that sm57 is moved further back , it has less bass and result brighter...
Yes, that, and also the 57 I used for the Fredman CNT is brighter than the 57 I use for all of the other 57 shots. One of my 57s is nicely balanced (my main one), one is warmer with more upper mids, and one is very bright. I probably used the bright one for the Fredman CNT and used my main one for the normal CNT.

I just got done shooting test files for a Marshall 1960bv with Marshall Vintage speakers. This one is going to be incredible!

I just had a platinum selling artist at my studio that brought his 1960bv that we compared to mine… mine was a CLEAR winner and immediately had him on Reverb trying to find one from the same year.

It’s going to be special, sounds nothing like any other “V30” cab I have, and I can’t wait to dig into it and see what kinds of tasty tones are inside.
Any news on this, Justin? Really looking forward to those tasty tones… :cool:

Still working on it. A lot of gear has arrived, so it’s taken a bit of extra time to test those pieces to make sure they don’t have to be returned. The Marshall is going to be great though and worth the wait.
I was just about to chime in to this thread again to keep Justin on his toes! A tasty YA Soldano or Hesu Demon release would be cool but that Bogner blend has got to be coming....I feel it! Eagerly awaiting the next release. 👍

@York Audio What I would like to see is more cabs with multiple speakers. This can be:
-1x cab with 2x+ versions of the same speaker (ie. Pre-Rola G12M-25 & current production G12M-25)
-1x cab with various speakers (ie. G12M-25, G12H-30, V30, etc.)

I know that your model is using stock speakers in the factory cab. But with some current production models (ie. V30s), this can be limiting. It would be cool if for the Bogner cab you mentioned, if it came with current production V30s & T75s, for accuracy/authenticity, and vintage V30s & T75s for improved tone. Or for the Marshall cab with G12 Vintage, you also included some vintage V30s or Mesa V30s.

I also tend to not like doing multiple speaker blends with two different cabinets. I prefer to blend speakers that were shot in the same cabinet. While York Audio IRs is my current favorite brand, the following OwnHammer combo packs have always been workhorses/heavy hitters (excuse the puns) for me, as I can can mix various speakers and their resonance/airy-ness sounds "correct", since they were shot in the same cab:
-112 DVRB
-212 Rect
-212 VC30
-412 Fman
-412 Rect
-412 MRCB

This was/is my hope when you got the custom built York Audio 2x12 "Golden" cab that you shot with the G12M-65s. If I were an IR maker, I would utilize 2 approaches:
1) Focus on the cabs: Stock speakers in factory cabs (both vintage & current production) = accuracy & authenticity
2) Focus on the speakers: Same cab + various speakers
---This can allow for easier comparison of various models of the same speakers (ie. Pre-Rola vs current production G12M-25), for by shooting them in the same cab, you eliminate the important variable of the cab itself, which can make comparing IRs hard when you're comparing a G12M-25 in a 4x12 Mar 60B vs a 4x12 MB Recto OS/Stan.
---With approach #2, you could build a family of IR packs that you could sell individually ("York Custom Cab" + G12M-25 or "York Custom Cab" + V30, etc), or as a slightly discounted collection IR pack with all of the speakers featured in in the York Custom Cab.

Sorry for the unsolicited advice/armchair daydreaming. Keep up the great work!

@York Audio What I would like to see is more cabs with multiple speakers. This can be:
-1x cab with 2x+ versions of the same speaker (ie. Pre-Rola G12M-25 & current production G12M-25)
-1x cab with various speakers (ie. G12M-25, G12H-30, V30, etc.)

I know that your model is using stock speakers in the factory cab. But with some current production models (ie. V30s), this can be limiting. It would be cool if for the Bogner cab you mentioned, if it came with current production V30s & T75s, for accuracy/authenticity, and vintage V30s & T75s for improved tone. Or for the Marshall cab with G12 Vintage, you also included some vintage V30s or Mesa V30s.

I also tend to not like doing multiple speaker blends with two different cabinets. I prefer to blend speakers that were shot in the same cabinet. While York Audio IRs is my current favorite brand, the following OwnHammer combo packs have always been workhorses/heavy hitters (excuse the puns) for me, as I can can mix various speakers and their resonance/airy-ness sounds "correct", since they were shot in the same cab:
-112 DVRB
-212 Rect
-212 VC30
-412 Fman
-412 Rect
-412 MRCB

This was/is my hope when you got the custom built York Audio 2x12 "Golden" cab that you shot with the G12M-65s. If I were an IR maker, I would utilize 2 approaches:
1) Focus on the cabs: Stock speakers in factory cabs (both vintage & current production) = accuracy & authenticity
2) Focus on the speakers: Same cab + various speakers
---This can allow for easier comparison of various models of the same speakers (ie. Pre-Rola vs current production G12M-25), for by shooting them in the same cab, you eliminate the important variable of the cab itself, which can make comparing IRs hard when you're comparing a G12M-25 in a 4x12 Mar 60B vs a 4x12 MB Recto OS/Stan.
---With approach #2, you could build a family of IR packs that you could sell individually ("York Custom Cab" + G12M-25 or "York Custom Cab" + V30, etc), or as a slightly discounted collection IR pack with all of the speakers featured in in the York Custom Cab.

Sorry for the unsolicited advice/armchair daydreaming. Keep up the great work!
I plan on doing something like that in the future. I have probably 8 different versions of the Greenback as well as 7 different versions of the Vintage 30. On top of that, I’ve got probably 15-20 other speakers that I haven’t captured at all, and 12 cabinets that haven’t been captures yet, so there is a lot of room for expansion and experimentation moving forward.

I’m tempted to delete Reverb from my phone because I keep getting sidetracked by new shiny things.

I plan on doing something like that in the future. I have probably 8 different versions of the Greenback as well as 7 different versions of the Vintage 30. On top of that, I’ve got probably 15-20 other speakers that I haven’t captured at all, and 12 cabinets that haven’t been captures yet, so there is a lot of room for expansion and experimentation moving forward.

I’m tempted to delete Reverb from my phone because I keep getting sidetracked by new shiny things.
Sounds like you should stop spending money on Reverb and should spend money on hiring an assistant! May I submit my humble job application:

-8 years experience in using/mixing IRs
-0 years experience in capturing/producing IRs
-Quick learner
-Proficient at Excel
-Won a county fair competition for most freckles
-Has been peed on by a Cheetah
-Willing to relocate to CA
-Will work for tacos & IRs

I hope there is a wave of YA stuff coming as Justin has been very quiet lately! 🤞
I “finished” the Marshall 1960bv, but felt like some of the mics could be better, so I’m working today on reshooting some of them to see if I can get a little more clarity. The cab has been played a lot, so the speakers are very warm and broken in. I just want to make sure the pack isn’t TOO warm, so I’m experimenting with stuff to make sure it’s right when I release it.

I “finished” the Marshall 1960bv, but felt like some of the mics could be better, so I’m working today on reshooting some of them to see if I can get a little more clarity. The cab has been played a lot, so the speakers are very warm and broken in. I just want to make sure the pack isn’t TOO warm, so I’m experimenting with stuff to make sure it’s right when I release it.
would you like to share some irs for us to test?

It would be awesome if you included some of those IR's that you think are too warm as they would most likely appeal to people like me :)

It would be awesome if you included some of those IR's that you think are too warm as they would most likely appeal to people like me :)
I spent all day capturing the other speaker I liked a lot. It’s night and day compared to the one I’ve already finished, so I think I’m gonna make this a dual speaker pack. A couple beta testers LOVE the darker speaker and don’t want me to touch it… a couple others wanted something a bit brighter with more energy, so capturing both speakers should make everyone happy and offer a huge range of tones.

I’m actually really glad it’s ending up this way.

It’s night and day compared to the one I’ve already finished, so I think I’m gonna make this a dual speaker pack.

Should be awesome. Really looking forward to hear the dual speaker BLND mix files like on the MTCH 212 ESD-V2

Yup, it's out. :)
Glad to hear that! Would you mind posting an audio clip demonstrating the differences between the 2 speakers (and maybe a couple different mixes for each)? I listened to the demo clip you put on SoundCloud but as far as I can tell it's just 1 IR in that clip, which makes it difficult to get a sense of the overall sound of the cab.

Back
Top Bottom