York audio v30 cab

Giordydiver

Inspired
Hello, can you suggest me the best pack for a 4x12 v30? I need one nearest as possibile to a marshall 1960bv cab to use with marshall models

Thanks

Hello, can you suggest me the best pack for a 4x12 v30? I need one nearest as possibile to a marshall 1960bv cab to use with marshall models

Thanks
For now, I’d say the Bogna pack would be the closest to the 1960bv. That’s the next cab on my to-do list. I still have to compare cabinets and do a bit of testing before I’m able to officially start capturing that cabinet, so I’m not sure when that one will be released. I want to make sure it’s awesome for you guys.

I agree, I have near every pack and the Bogner and Friedman are the closest to a Marshall Cab.

@York Audio
Justin a Marshall V30 would be absolutely awesome!

I'd say the Bognor pack is awesome but I've been so impressed with the first few IR's I haven't really explored it

Recommended!

I agree, I have near every pack and the Bogner and Friedman are the closest to a Marshall Cab.

@York Audio
Justin a Marshall V30 would be absolutely awesome!
I just got done shooting test files for a Marshall 1960bv with Marshall Vintage speakers. This one is going to be incredible!

I just had a platinum selling artist at my studio that brought his 1960bv that we compared to mine… mine was a CLEAR winner and immediately had him on Reverb trying to find one from the same year.

It’s going to be special, sounds nothing like any other “V30” cab I have, and I can’t wait to dig into it and see what kinds of tasty tones are inside.

I just got done shooting test files for a Marshall 1960bv with Marshall Vintage speakers. This one is going to be incredible!

I just had a platinum selling artist at my studio that brought his 1960bv that we compared to mine… mine was a CLEAR winner and immediately had him on Reverb trying to find one from the same year.

It’s going to be special, sounds nothing like any other “V30” cab I have, and I can’t wait to dig into it and see what kinds of tasty tones are inside.
Oh man, you know that I have to look at your shop at least ten times a day until that pack is released.

It will be interesting to hear how it compares to the Orange cabinet with V30's

What's with the orange cabinets and the Chinese v30s? A shrill speaker compared with the UK v30s. I'm not sure why these speakers coming out of China sound raspy. Must be some cheap materials they are using for the magnets or something.

They can be made to sound a bit better with a ribbon or u47 or u67 or m160. But to me there are just too raspy.

Not sure why orange don't get the UK v30s being a Uk company themselves.

I don't know but I was referring to the York Audio cab pack which uses UK V30's I think unless I am wrong about that

https://www.yorkaudio.co/product-page/orng-412-v30

My curiosity comes from already having a York Bogner cab pack with V30's and wondering if there is a huge difference between that one and the Orange which I do not have and now we will have a Marshall with V30's.
Here's the thing... a V30 isn't simply a V30. There are many versions of that speaker with different specs that all sound different. To go a layer deeper, even two identical V30s can sound completely different. Going even further, the cabinet construction plays a huge role in the speaker's tone.

To show this, I made a quick comparison of a single 57 in the same position on each cab and used a looper so the performances are identical. I don't recommend using the same amp settings when trying different IRs because the amp should always be tweaked for the cabinet to get the best results. However, I used the same amp settings for this clip so you can really hear the difference between the V30 versions and the cabs they're in, so don't judge the tone, just listen for the differences. The only setting that was changed was the Impedance Curve in order to match the cabinet being used. To further illustrate my point, two clips are the "same" speaker in the same cabinet, but you can hear that they still have very different character.

Dear York, 1- You need a second opinion on the IRs I am currently in the middle of a mix, just sayin. 2- Bogner V30/T75... just sayin.

Dear York, 1- You need a second opinion on the IRs I am currently in the middle of a mix, just sayin. 2- Bogner V30/T75... just sayin.
I haven’t been able to start the official shoot yet due to my schedule and crappy weather, so I don’t have anything but the test shots so far (which already sound awesome). I’ve had a few people request the Bogner V30/T75 combo… it means I need to buy a couple newer T75 speakers. I have an ‘85, ‘87, and (I think) ‘89 T75s, but they’re drastically different compared to the newer version that’s more scooped and fizzy.

I haven’t been able to start the official shoot yet due to my schedule and crappy weather, so I don’t have anything but the test shots so far (which already sound awesome). I’ve had a few people request the Bogner V30/T75 combo… it means I need to buy a couple newer T75 speakers. I have an ‘85, ‘87, and (I think) ‘89 T75s, but they’re drastically different compared to the newer version that’s more scooped and fizzy.
Hmm, dont aged speakers sound better? I'd vote go for the best ones you currently have? Which ones are in the Marshall T75 pack you have?

Hmm, dont aged speakers sound better? I'd vote go for the best ones you currently have? Which ones are in the Marshall T75 pack you have?
Older, or “aged” speakers CAN sound better, but not always. I’ve bought lots of older speakers that didn’t sound that great, so it’s the luck of the draw. The T75s in my MRSH 412 T75 pack are from 1990 (I just checked). They’re the “skunkback” version that are warmer than the current version that are found in stock V30/T75 loaded cabs. The newer ones have more low end and more top end. Whenever I can get around to that cab, I’ll try it with my favorite V30s and see which T75 option sounds/blends the best.

@York Audio, i have a question, from your site I read that bogna pack has less microphones than the friedman pack. confirm or are there the same microphones?
Ultimately I ask you which pack should I buy while waiting to make the 1960BV? I also ask you for advice on which impedance curve to use for these two cabinets.

Thanks

@York Audio, i have a question, from your site I read that bogna pack has less microphones than the friedman pack. confirm or are there the same microphones?
Ultimately I ask you which pack should I buy while waiting to make the 1960BV? I also ask you for advice on which impedance curve to use for these two cabinets.

Thanks
You are correct. The Bogna pack was captured earlier, and I acquired more mics that I used in the FDMN pack.

Both packs are great, so you can’t go wrong with either of them. For the Bogna pack, use the 4x12 Euro impedance curve (taken from this actual cabinet). And use the 4x12 Friedman for the FDMN pack.

I have bought FDMN pack and is very good. I have a question for your @York Audio, in single mic position what is the difference beetwen center positiond and fredman on axis position? I hear the fredman brighter, but from what i know it should be the same of center position

I have bought FDMN pack and is very good. I have a question for your @York Audio, in single mic position what is the difference beetwen center positiond and fredman on axis position? I hear the fredman brighter, but from what i know it should be the same of center position
The Fredman technique uses two 57s. My “main” 57 is used for the off-axis Fredman shot, and another 57 is used for the on-axis center shot. All 57s sound a little different (I have three “modern” ones that all have their own character), as well as the Fredman center position is moved slightly further back due to the design of the Fredman mic clip.

I hope that helps. :)

Back
Top Bottom