York Audio SV-210 Cab Pack is out now!!!

York Audio

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Get it here!
https://shop.fractalaudio.com/cab-packs/york-audio/

Hello bassists and guitarists that record bass. I'm really happy to finally offer a bass Cab Pack for all the people that felt like it was a chore to get great bass tones. Welcome to the SV-210! I first heard about this cab a couple years ago when I saw a well-known producer had it mic'ed up at RCA Studios in Nashville. I thought it was a joke because it was a little 2x10, but was astonished by the way it sat in the mix. The low end was big and focussed without mud, and the midrange gave the bass incredible clarity in the track. Fast forward, and I found myself talking to a band that said "big bass cabinets feel great onstage, but they never worked for us in the studio," and the recommended that I check out the very same Ampeg 2x10 bass cab. I snagged one and couldn't believe the tones and how easy it was to pull up an IR and be DONE!

I was going to make a clip (and I still will) of various styles and tones using just one IR... my favorite... the M88 CNT IR from the pack. It gets aggressively heavy with a low tuned Jazz Bass and has 'that' Tame Impala bass tone that is pretty much everywhere in current alternative music when I pair it with my old Mustang Bass with flatwounds.

This is the first track I recorded with it. There's no post processing on the bass, and I love that it stays full, yet you hear the clarity and movement of the parts without having to EQ the grunt out of it. This was done with my Mustang Bass as well.

Like I said, I'll have another clip up as soon as I can to show you different tones while using the same IR. I started one, but couldn't stop playing my Jazz Bass and completely destroyed the strings to a dead thud. So, I'm off to Guitar Center to pick up some more strings and I'll be back later.

Also, my packs are usually $29.99, but I'm selling this one for $19.99 so that everyone can get great bass tones for roughly price of a delivery pizza (with tip of course, we're not animals).

Enjoy, and let me know what you think!
-Justin York

This is a typo I take it? Looking forward to this IR!

“Based on a 1976 Marshall™ "Checkerboard" 4x12 with Celestion™ 25w Greenbacks”

This is a typo I take it? Looking forward to this IR!

“Based on a 1976 Marshall™ "Checkerboard" 4x12 with Celestion™ 25w Greenbacks”

Hahaha! Yes, that's a typo. It's based on an Ampeg SVT-210AV with Eminence speakers. Thanks for catching that. It's been an insane day.

I mentioned this in my initial post, but finally was able to get to it today. So here's a clip of multiple bass styles while only using a single IR to show the diversity you can get with only a single file. The first section is fingerstyle with my Jazz Bass and the Portaflex, second is a gritty/clean pick with J-Bass and Portaflex, third is some throaty distortion with the Jazz through the Citrus Bass 200 with a Fat Rat, and lastly is my Mustang Bass with flatwounds for a retro vibe.

If you have the Cab Pack, the IR I used was the M88 CNT for all of the sounds.
Keep in mind, I'm a guitar player, so please show me a little grace.

Back
Top Bottom