York Audio presents the ORNG 4x12 Cab Pack!

York Audio

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
York Audio proudly presents the ORNG 4x12 Cab Pack based on a 2006 Orange™ PPC412 4x12 cabinet loaded with Celestion™ Vintage 30 speakers. The two best speakers were captured with a world class microphone selection and top of the line outboard gear for a truly realistic and inspiring experience. With a huge low end, smooth yet prominent midrange, and present top end, this cabinet thrives at metal, hard rock, and alternative music. Although this cabinet is known for more aggressive music, it sounds fantastic with clean and edge of breakup tones as well and loves a wide variety of models from different amp manufacturers.

For those who want “plug and play” options, this Cab Pack features “Quick Play” folders containing 8 hand-selected IR’s with popular mic placements and multi-mic mixes. The Cab Pack also includes a folder of “Producer Single Mic Favorites” with York Audio’s personal favorite single mic captures along with a “Producer Mixes” folder containing great sounding multi-mic mixes of tried and true mic combinations and positions as well as new creative flavors. If you like to explore in depth, there is a “Tweak Geek” folder containing 188 single mic captures per speaker to hone in on your personal tonal taste and mix your favorite mics. Lastly, there is a “Speaker Blends” folder with multi-mic mixes that combine the complimentary sonic strengths of each speaker working together to create truly massive guitar tones.
This UltraRes™ Cab Pack contains raw .ir files for custom mixes in Cab Lab as well as Min Phase .syx files ready to drag and drop straight into your Fractal Audio Systems unit.

Microphones Used:
Dynamic
  • 57 - Based on a Shure™ SM57
  • 58 - Based on a Shure™ SM58
  • 421M - Based on a modern Sennheiser™ MD421
  • 421V - Based on a vintage Sennheiser™ MD421
  • 906 - Based on a Sennheiser™ e906
  • SM7 - Shure™ SM7B
Ribbon
  • 121 - Based on a Royer™ R121
  • 160 - Based on a Beyerdynamic™ M160
  • 313 - Based on a Shure™ KSM313
Condenser
  • U47 - Based on a Telefunken™ U47
  • 414 - Based on an AKG C414

Here's a full band clean to mean clip showcasing beautiful clean tones as well as massive distorted guitars with clarity even when playing complex chord voicings.

You can get your copy here! https://shop.fractalaudio.com/york-audio-orng-4x12/

I'm really proud of this pack and excited to hear the music you all create with it.
-Justin

Which IR could sound bad in your hands? :p

Sounds really good - I´m surprised by the cleansound through those V30 speakers!

No chance to buy this with paypal or other ways?

Which IR could sound bad in your hands? :p

Sounds really good - I´m surprised by the cleansound through those V30 speakers!

No chance to buy this with paypal or other ways?
You're too kind. I was surprised by the clean tones as well. Normally, I'd go with an open back cab for that, but this one plays great with clean stuff. And actually, the new Fractal store supports PayPal, so you're good to go!

You're too kind. I was surprised by the clean tones as well. Normally, I'd go with an open back cab for that, but this one plays great with clean stuff. And actually, the new Fractal store supports PayPal, so you're good to go!
Thats -are very good news! Haven´t noticed this anywhere!

I prefer Cab packs with all speakers - maybe the other two which you left out, could be good for another one? Or are they really bad?

Which amp did you use for your cleans here?

Thats -are very good news! Haven´t noticed this anywhere!

I prefer Cab packs with all speakers - maybe the other two which you left out, could be good for another one? Or are they really bad?

Which amp did you use for your cleans here?
Yeah, PayPal is a new thing for the store. I’m so glad they added it. Makes things really easy. For the cleans, I used the 65 Bassguy Normal with a 57-313 mix, and the dirty guitars were the Friedman BE C45 on the left and the Recto 1 Red on the right with a 57-121 mix.

It took some time between paying with paypal and receiving the downloadlink - maybe too much miles between Europe and USA.

I´ve first tried the single IR´s - the SM 57 A1 hit me at once. A very balanced sounded IR - with JTM 45, Friedmans, Mesa MK II and also clean sounds with AC 30 and the TX Star clean. Would be cool to hear all the four speakers!

My cab cut are on 85 - 8500khz.

Any suggestions for the right cab frequenze?

The Middle and HIghs a very good balanced, so like you wrote this cabs is good for different kind of music.

Well done, Mr York!

It took some time between paying with paypal and receiving the downloadlink - maybe too much miles between Europe and USA.

I´ve first tried the single IR´s - the SM 57 A1 hit me at once. A very balanced sounded IR - with JTM 45, Friedmans, Mesa MK II and also clean sounds with AC 30 and the TX Star clean. Would be cool to hear all the four speakers!

My cab cut are on 85 - 8500khz.

Any suggestions for the right cab frequenze?

The Middle and HIghs a very good balanced, so like you wrote this cabs is good for different kind of music.

Well done, Mr York!
Thanks for the kind words! I’m glad it’s working with those amps for you. I need to check it out with the Texas Star as well. I’ve been liking it with the Supremo Trem as well for something gritty.

I think if 85-8.5k works for you, go for it! There’s no wrong way to set it. For me, I normally set it at 80-20k because it sounds like the real amp signal when I compare the real thing to the Axe with an IR. The 80Hz cut just cleans up the low end a bit.

When I shoot a cab, I take test shots of every speaker and choose the best two. That way, I don’t overload the user with crazy amounts of IR’s and they still get a tremendous amount of diversity. You’ve given me a cool idea though, so I may try some new stuff soon.

My favorites so far (good # of choices to sort through, great variety) are the 1-57 OA-1, And the 2-SM7-V30-1-121.
I like those choices. The new off-axis shots are great for mellowing the top end and bringing new character to your tone. I’d have to check my notes, but I think both of those were done with off-axis shots, or at least had off-axis shots mixed in.

Damn, this Cab and these IR´s are really good, I discovered today the M160 and SM7 IR´s from Speaker 1.
I tried the producer mixes and picked up the M160/sm7 Mix.

The M160 IR´s ( are often to bassy (like in the factory cabs), but these single M160 IR´s C1, C2 and C3 are very good balanced and react very good to the picking hand - with different amps like Spawn1, Mesa II and IV. And this ist a very good sign, that the IR is very balanced, when it matches to different amps.

The Ending OA means Off- Axis - what is CE?

This could get one of my favourite V30 IR´s for live and practicing - it betters feeling and playing so good.

Edit: The M160 E1, E2 are also very good with less low end.

Last edited:
Damn, this Cab and these IR´s are really good, I discovered today the M160 and SM7 IR´s from Speaker 1.
I tried the producer mixes and picked up the M160/sm7 Mix.

The M160 IR´s ( are often to bassy (like in the factory cabs), but these single M160 IR´s C1, C2 and C3 are very good balanced and react very good to the picking hand - with different amps like Spawn1, Mesa II and IV. And this ist a very good sign, that the IR is very balanced, when it matches to different amps.

The Ending OA means Off- Axis - what is CE?

This could get one of my favourite V30 IR´s for live and practicing - it betters feeling and playing so good.

Edit: The M160 E1, E2 are also very good with less low end.
Man, I’m so glad you’re liking it and finding some cool mics! And I agree, I really like the 160 and the SM7 on that cab.

You’re right, OA means off-axis, and CE means Cap Edge and the brightest of the placements. The READ ME .pdf in the pack explains the file naming and mic placements and positions for all of the mics if you want a little more understanding of how the pack is laid out.

Man, I’m so glad you’re liking it and finding some cool mics! And I agree, I really like the 160 and the SM7 on that cab.

You’re right, OA means off-axis, and CE means Cap Edge and the brightest of the placements. The READ ME .pdf in the pack explains the file naming and mic placements and positions for all of the mics if you want a little more understanding of how the pack is laid out.
Oh sorry, haven´t seen the READ ME yet!

I was asked to do this in the Axe-Fx III Cabs section, so I thought I'd post it here as well in case anyone was interested.

Alright, so I had a moment and made a quick clip of the Citrus amp models with this Cab Pack. All sounds were dialed in using basic controls on the Amp Block's "Authentic" page and no post processing EQ was used outside of a little low cut. They aren't perfect, but for throwing an IR at an amp and tweaking basic controls, I think they sound pretty darn good. So here's the amp and IR info per section...

1. Citrus AD30 Clean with V30-1 58+V30-2 160
2. Citrus AD30 Dirty with V30-1 SM7 C+160 C2
3. Citrus Terrier with V30-1 58 OA 2
4. Citrus RV50 with V30-2 421V2B+SM7OA2

wow......these AD30 sounds are really good.....hope I can reach this with the AxeFxII.......
Well the II has Ares modeling, so it’s probably fairly close. For the AD30 Dirty, my settings are:
Input Drive 3
Bass 4.57
Mid 7.92
Treble 5.59
Master Volume 7.47

Record that in stereo and it’s pretty huge.

Well the II has Ares modeling, so it’s probably fairly close. For the AD30 Dirty, my settings are:
Input Drive 3
Bass 4.57
Mid 7.92
Treble 5.59
Master Volume 7.47

Record that in stereo and it’s pretty huge.
I´ve tried bevor I saw this here.....I didn´t turn up the master and Mids. So I have to go back.

The 160 Mic is absolutely spot on in this cab. I´ve built it in a two amp/cab preset for Rammstein - sounds pretty evil. :p

Edit: Just tried your settings, yes, thats the sound, maybe the bass-frequences more flubby. Increasing the master on the AC 30 Orange is
the key! Thanks for your settings! The clean channel with a boost in front (RCB) is also very cool for open, dirty chord picking!

Last edited:
I´ve tried bevor I saw this here.....I didn´t turn up the master and Mids. So I have to go back.

The 160 Mic is absolutely spot on in this cab. I´ve built it in a two amp/cab preset for Rammstein - sounds pretty evil. :p

Edit: Just tried your settings, yes, thats the sound, maybe the bass-frequences more flubby. Increasing the master on the AC 30 Orange is
the key! Thanks for your settings! The clean channel with a boost in front (RCB) is also very cool for open, dirty chord picking!
Yeah, "Citrus" amps really open up when you push the Master Volume and set the gain on the lower side. I used to have an Orange AD30 Twin Channel head and ran my real one the same way. The preamp distortion is really buzzy on those things, but bringing up the Master Volume adds grind and body and gives you better note definition.

Also, I don't know if the Axe II has the Amp Input EQ tab, but if it does, taking the AD30 Dirty input low frequency from 300 down to around 100 really beefs it up in a cool way.

One more question - is there a low res frequency you can recommend for this cab? AC 30 Orange runs on 100hz default - if I trust my ears, higher value sounds better or is more original.

No the Axe II has no Amp input EQ.....

One more question - is there a low res frequency you can recommend for this cab? AC 30 Orange runs on 100hz default - if I trust my ears, higher value sounds better or is more original.

No the Axe II has no Amp input EQ.....
Try a low resonance frequency of 110 and see how you feel.
As for the input EQ, I got similar results by lowering the Low Cut Frequency on the Preamp page of the Amp Block. Trust your hands and ears to where it sounds good to you, but I liked it around 100 Hz.

Yes 110hz seems to fit very well! But preamp low cut on 100hz....puuh, sounds very "boomb" and feels very "loose" on the AxeFx II. Default sounds here better. thanks a lot for your knowledge and time, Justin!

Back
Top Bottom