IRs York Audio presents the MTCH 212 in .Wav format based on Matchless!

Third-party impulse response pack
Thanks for grabbing the pack! I’m away from my unit at the moment, but the preset was really basic. Just use the Matchbox D30 model. Input drive around 2, bass around 3-4, treble around 6, and gain enhancer around 1.5-2. In the cab block, turn the high cut up to 20k in the preamp section and use MTCH BLND Mix 01. Before the amp, insert a Reverb Block and use the Stratocumulus. Adjust the mix to taste, but I think I left everything at the default settings.

That’s it. Super basic, but it sounds and feels great! Just tweak the amp’s basic controls to suit your own guitar and you’re all set.

I modified my favorite patch layout for the D30 and the above config/suggestions w/the MTCH BLND Mix 01...I have a new favorite patch!!! Works great w/all my guitars. I got lost in it for over 2 hours today.

@York Audio
This sounds an amazing MUST buy :)
Has anyone tried it with the EF86 new mode?
On a different note, I am using a combination of the gold and blue IR pack you recommended me back in the day and with the Matchless sounds simply amazing - how does this pack sound compared to you @York Audio ?

Many thanks

@York Audio
This sounds an amazing MUST buy :)
Has anyone tried it with the EF86 new mode?
On a different note, I am using a combination of the gold and blue IR pack you recommended me back in the day and with the Matchless sounds simply amazing - how does this pack sound compared to you @York Audio ?

Many thanks
Due to the new vendor rules, I can only reply when questions are asked, but I want to take this opportunity to thank the few precious posters for their kind words, and I’m thrilled that you’re all enjoying this pack!

And Rafa, this pack is considerably different than my Vox pack. First of all, the speakers are entirely different. The Vox has a Blue and Gold, which are both Alnico magnet speakers. The Matchless has custom designed M25 and H30 “Greenback” ceramic magnet speakers. Second, the cabinet construction is vastly different. The main factor is that Matchless uses diffusion panels that cross over the dust cap. The theory behind it is that the panels block some top end frequencies to make it less harsh. The end result is part of the signature Matchless tone, as the panels greatly affect the sound of the cab.

Another huge difference between the packs is the layout. Before, I took shots with varying brightness all over the speaker. This ended up making the pack’s file count pretty high, and people only used about half (or less) of the files offered. This new series is made up of 5 shots per mic, but they were all taken from various sweet spots and tuned by ear. This way, instead of loading a ton of files with little tonal variation, you get only hand selected IR’s. Basically, they’re all “Producer Favorites.” So just load the amp you want, find the IR that has the voice you like, and use your amp’s basic controls if you want it brighter or darker. You’ll end up getting better tones much faster.

I hope you enjoy it!
-Justin

MTCH BLND Mix 01 is my fave one @York Audio
I really like how it responds on the EF86 mode.

Quick question @York Audio if i want to approach the tone to the Queen/Brian May vibes, how do you recommend me to tweak the freqs in the cab block to get these voxy vibes?

Thx

MTCH BLND Mix 01 is my fave one @York Audio
I really like how it responds on the EF86 mode.

Quick question @York Audio if i want to approach the tone to the Queen/Brian May vibes, how do you recommend me to tweak the freqs in the cab block to get these voxy vibes?

Thx
Hi Rafa,

Thanks for the positive feedback! I'm glad you're digging the BLND Mix 01 with the EF86. I'm right there with you! As far as getting the Matchless to give you Brian May vibes, I agree with Jason and think the Vox pack is still your happy place for that tone since that's the amp and speaker he uses. It's kinda like asking how to get a Petrucci tone out of a Greenback, when using a Mesa 4x12 will get you there much quicker.

Having said that, if you want to explore some Matchless options, I'd try the M25 57-3 and audition the M25 421 captures to see if something gets in that zone for you. But since they're very different speakers and the cab design is very different than an AC-30, you can expect a different flavor... like if Brian May every played through a Matchless. Also, I just got word today and I'll be getting my hands on a vintage AC-30 in the near future to shoot. That one will be the ultimate ticket for you. :)

Right,

I have created a Matchless Preset, 3 main scenes, Clean, soft cranked and hard cranked then on the last setup I have added an overdrive and a treble booster to give us another 2 approaches

I have tried to approach to this Andy Timmons tone, funny enough he is using a mesa but on the scene 3 with the bridge pickup I get a very close tone on his Ibanez Anniversary signature I just received today.

Needless to say I won't be sharing the cab but here's what I've set

Screenshot 2019-12-19 at 21.40.17.png

@York Audio would be interesting knowing your thoughts?

If anyone can improve it feel free, by all means as is a very basic preset but in my opinion is just OMFG!!

Cheers

Attachments

• Matchless DC30.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 31
Right,

I have created a Matchless Preset, 3 main scenes, Clean, soft cranked and hard cranked then on the last setup I have added an overdrive and a treble booster to give us another 2 approaches

I have tried to approach to this Andy Timmons tone, funny enough he is using a mesa but on the scene 3 with the bridge pickup I get a very close tone on his Ibanez Anniversary signature I just received today.

View attachment 61315

If anyone can improve it feel free, by all means as is a very basic preset but in my opinion is just OMFG!!

Cheers

Grabbed your preset as i already had the York Match pack
Its sounds killer
I am in Heaven w the Matchless
Blend 1 and some plex verb/ and other reverbs the sparkle and chime is incredible as is the dynamic

I will say its very likely the best and most inspiring clean tone ive had

Hats of to JY and Cliff

Right,

View attachment 61315

Cheers
I’m going to load this up as soon as I can, but I liked the patches you sent me in the past, so I’m sure it’s great! What kind of guitar were you using when you made it?

Grabbed your preset as i already had the York Match pack
Its sounds killer
I am in Heaven w the Matchless
Blend 1 and some plex verb/ and other reverbs the sparkle and chime is incredible as is the dynamic

I will say its very likely the best and most inspiring clean tone ive had

Hats of to JY and Cliff
Sincerely, thank you for the kind words. It means more to me than you know!

I’m going to load this up as soon as I can, but I liked the patches you sent me in the past, so I’m sure it’s great! What kind of guitar were you using when you made it?

Sincerely, thank you for the kind words. It means more to me than you know!
Exactly the same Andy has in his video, I think scene 3 sounds bloody close with a more subtle reverb on mine but hey I let you play around it and get your thoughts @York Audio

I bought both this pack and the Zilla pack this afternoon.

I just spent the last couple hours trying out all the blend and mix IRs from the Matchless pack and I have to say that I found the vast majority to be useable, which is not my typical experience with most cab packs.

I also spent a little time with the single mic IRs (primarily the R121 and M160)... I think these are going to great to get into Cab Lab and mix!

Justin, I have these loaded on some presets for my FXIII. Sound Awesome. We tried loading a few on a Strymon Irridium, WAV 96. The Volume in comparison is too low to use compared to the stock Ownhammer... We tried some other IRs in the Irridium and they sound fine. Just the matchless are to low volume.

Justin, I have these loaded on some presets for my FXIII. Sound Awesome. We tried loading a few on a Strymon Irridium, WAV 96. The Volume in comparison is too low to use compared to the stock Ownhammer... We tried some other IRs in the Irridium and they sound fine. Just the matchless are to low volume.
Hi there, and I’m glad you’re liking the files in the Axe. You must have gotten an early copy to have noticed that. :) Just go to your account and download the new zip labeled MTCH 212 V1.01 for the corrected files.

I learned about it after the initial release. The 96k files were the same volume in my DAW, across three IR loaders, and worked with everything as expected EXCEPT the Iridium. I worked with Strymon’s team and got everything sorted out. The discovery actually changed part of my process for the better, so I’m actually thankful for the little hiccup. Everything works now, and feel free to contact me through the site if you need further assistance.

-Justin

how did I miss these? ;-) I'm working on a new preset. I've been playing the matchless a lot at church. Seems to fit me a little better than the Vox for some reason. Can't wait to grab these and chat it up. Great stuff!

Been off the radar for a while due to some personal circumstances.
Justin @York Audio Very excited to see the new cab packs. I remember you mentioning that you acquired some new cabs when I met you in Sydney.
Look forward to trying them starting with the Matchless pack.

Been off the radar for a while due to some personal circumstances.
Justin @York Audio Very excited to see the new cab packs. I remember you mentioning that you acquired some new cabs when I met you in Sydney.
Look forward to trying them starting with the Matchless pack.
Hey man! Great to hear from you again! I’d love to hear what you think about the Matchless pack, and make sure you check out the BLND Mix 01 for the P&W vibe. Your wife plays guitar too if I remember correctly, right? Hopefully she’ll dig it too and it’ll help elevate your worship tones. :) Be well, and thanks for posting!

Back
Top Bottom