IRs York Audio presents the MTCH 212 in .Wav format based on Matchless!

Third-party impulse response pack
Purchased!

EDIT: These are phenomenal. Currently digging mix 1 and mix 8 panned left and right. My go to clean IR has been a mix of Bipolar producer mixes. Dare I say it’s been replaced? Possibly.

Last edited:
Purchased!

EDIT: These are phenomenal. Currently digging mix 1 and mix 8 panned left and right. My go to clean IR has been a mix of Bipolar producer mixes. Dare I say it’s been replaced? Possibly.
Man, so thrilled to hear you're digging it. That BLND Mix 01 is hands down my favorite. Keep me posted on how the pack treats you.

I don't like to say that some IRs are better or worse because people hear things differently and have different tastes. But there is something in every clip you record that really is exactly what I like and so I will be purchasing this one's and others in the future. You convinced me to buy an axe3 and until I buy it it will be fun to record with my loadbox and amp using your irs. Cheers

Purchased!

I had no choice but to sacrifice a few of my earlier YA BiPolar IRs for now on the completely full User Cab Bank 2 to fit in all the mix/blends of this glorious new pack........dare I say HOLY SHEETBALLS.

Sounds Awesome Justin, will be buying it! Thanks for shooting my favourite cab :)
Thanks, and you're very welcome. This has quickly become my new favorite cab for Class-A vibes. I hope you enjoy it, too!

I don't like to say that some IRs are better or worse because people hear things differently and have different tastes. But there is something in every clip you record that really is exactly what I like and so I will be purchasing this one's and others in the future. You convinced me to buy an axe3 and until I buy it it will be fun to record with my loadbox and amp using your irs. Cheers
Thanks for the kind words. You're going to lose your mind once you dive into the Axe-Fx III. It'll put a smile on your face every time you play it. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy these with your current amp setup.

Oh this is awesome! Purchased!
Thanks for grabbing the pack! It means a lot!

I had no choice but to sacrifice a few of my earlier YA BiPolar IRs for now on the completely full User Cab Bank 2 to fit in all the mix/blends of this glorious new pack........dare I say HOLY SHEETBALLS.
This is fantastic news, Brad! First of all, I'm glad you're feeling well enough to be able to play again. And secondly, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about this pack. It's encouraging to say the least.

Thanks, and you're very welcome. This has quickly become my new favorite cab for Class-A vibes. I hope you enjoy it, too!

Thanks for the kind words. You're going to lose your mind once you dive into the Axe-Fx III. It'll put a smile on your face every time you play it. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy these with your current amp setup.

Thanks for grabbing the pack! It means a lot!

This is fantastic news, Brad! First of all, I'm glad you're feeling well enough to be able to play again. And secondly, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about this pack. It's encouraging to say the least.
I am restricting myself to gentle fingerpicking with the guitar on my Mbrace guitar holder, but what a wonderful sound that makes with the 12AX7
and various Blends. Thanks brotha.

Finally....an IR Producer did both speakers of a Matchlessamp. I think many "Breakup" Players have been waiting for this so long. I always tried to do this with different speakers in a StereoIR, but it never worked. So I played the Matchless through Vox-IR´s, which is also cool.

You´re really busy these days, good looking homepage!

Bought...

Last edited:
Just got these Matchless IR's. Really, really nice! There is a lot of useful and usable range in these, even in the handful of mix IR's. Great work, sir!

If you're hesitating, don't. These are well worth the coin.

I picked up the Matchless and the Marshall. The Marshall is definitely a little more open than the 25w version, maybe a bit thinner along with being brighter? The Matchless is nice and mid-rangey and I have to play around with the AC-20 and it. And strongly thinking about the Zilla too.

I'm so excited about this new chapter in York Audio's story. Check out my NEW WEBSITE with four new cab packs in .wav format at www.yorkaudio.co
I'm having a Site Launch Sale right now!

First up is a cab I've been dying to shoot for a very long time, and it came out beautifully. This clip was made with the Matchbox D-30 model using the BLND Mix 01, which is a blend of the M25 and H30.

The York Audio MTCH 212 is based on a Matchless ESD 212 loaded with custom voiced Celestion M25 and H30 speakers exclusively made for Matchless products. This Cab Pack perfectly captures that signature tone for gorgeous etherial cleans, Class-A grit, and singing leads. Multi-mic mixes are included for each speaker as well as speaker blends of the M25 and H30 speakers for some beautifully complex tones.

Mics included in this Cab Pack:
57 - based on a Shure SM57
421 - based on a vintage Sennheiser MD421
906 - based on a Sennheiser e906
121 -based on a Royer R-121
160 - based on a Beryerdynamic M160
414 - based on an AKG C414

I mean, if you wanted to include that preset with the Cab Pack .... I would not object AT ALL!!!! I just purchased the pack in hopes of liking the CD30 model again in the Axe. Somewhere around FW8 or so it kinda fell off my "I love this amp" list for some reason. I just can't make it sound good anymore, but I am going to give this cab pack a try and see what happens!

But back to what I was saying about sharing that preset from the clip ..... feel free cause I would love to give it a test run!

I mean, if you wanted to include that preset with the Cab Pack .... I would not object AT ALL!!!! I just purchased the pack in hopes of liking the CD30 model again in the Axe. Somewhere around FW8 or so it kinda fell off my "I love this amp" list for some reason. I just can't make it sound good anymore, but I am going to give this cab pack a try and see what happens!

But back to what I was saying about sharing that preset from the clip ..... feel free cause I would love to give it a test run!
Thanks for grabbing the pack! I’m away from my unit at the moment, but the preset was really basic. Just use the Matchbox D30 model. Input drive around 2, bass around 3-4, treble around 6, and gain enhancer around 1.5-2. In the cab block, turn the high cut up to 20k in the preamp section and use MTCH BLND Mix 01. Before the amp, insert a Reverb Block and use the Stratocumulus. Adjust the mix to taste, but I think I left everything at the default settings.

That’s it. Super basic, but it sounds and feels great! Just tweak the amp’s basic controls to suit your own guitar and you’re all set.

Thanks for grabbing the pack! I’m away from my unit at the moment, but the preset was really basic. Just use the Matchbox D30 model. Input drive around 2, bass around 3-4, treble around 6, and gain enhancer around 1.5-2. In the cab block, turn the high cut up to 20k in the preamp section and use MTCH BLND Mix 01. Before the amp, insert a Reverb Block and use the Stratocumulus. Adjust the mix to taste, but I think I left everything at the default settings.

That’s it. Super basic, but it sounds and feels great! Just tweak the amp’s basic controls to suit your own guitar and you’re all set.
I keep seeing folks throwing Delay and Reverb in front of the amp block more and more lately ....... I completely forgot what it was like back in the Analog days of running everything in front of the amp, lol.

I keep seeing folks throwing Delay and Reverb in front of the amp block more and more lately ....... I completely forgot what it was like back in the Analog days of running everything in front of the amp, lol.
It makes a huge difference! Sounds more organic and it’s cool to hear the effects interact WITH the amp. It’s like I tell everyone who asks about Fractal... “treat it like a real amp, and it’ll sound like a real amp.” The same goes for effects placement. Putting stuff in front of the amp yields wildly different results.

It makes a huge difference! Sounds more organic and it’s cool to hear the effects interact WITH the amp. It’s like I tell everyone who asks about Fractal... “treat it like a real amp, and it’ll sound like a real amp.” The same goes for effects placement. Putting stuff in front of the amp yields wildly different results.
I will definitely give it a try ...... I have been using all my "modulation" effects post amp since getting the Ultra WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back when. Some between the Amp & Cab and some after the Cab. I always forget about the way things used to be when I start programming in the magic black box.

Back
Top Bottom