IRs York Audio presents the MRSH M20 in .Wav format based on Marshall with 20w Greenbacks!

Third-party impulse response pack
I've had a chance to use these cabs for several days and I really like them to say the least! The low end is so clear and transparent without being muddy. Somehow they have managed to preserve the "thump" of the cab as I like to call it. The hight end is clear and articulate as well.

I also like the fact that they don't provide you with thousands of files to have to wade through - each one of these IR's is usable and sounds fantastic!

Great work Justin and the YA team!

I've had a chance to use these cabs for several days and I really like them to say the least! The low end is so clear and transparent without being muddy. Somehow they have managed to preserve the "thump" of the cab as I like to call it. The hight end is clear and articulate as well.

I also like the fact that they don't provide you with thousands of files to have to wade through - each one of these IR's is usable and sounds fantastic!

Great work Justin and the YA team!

I just bought this pack and you have articulated my experience to perfection. Definitely an upgrade on the YA M25 pack I already have. Great work Justin!

which would be the best cab pack for getting zeppelin tones??
I’d say the MRSH M20. You can hear a quick clip I played at www.yorkaudio.co to hear the Marshall. Obviously it’s not a Zeppelin riff, but you can hear the woodiness of the cab that’s prominent it a lot of Jimmy Page tones. Pair that with the Plexi of your choice and you’re golden.

@York Audio and others, I've frequently heard the word 'woody' being used to describe certain cabs, speakers and amps. I noticed you've used it a few times in this thread too, what exactly are we talking in terms of frequency response, when using the term 'woody' here? Is it something about a slight resonance or thickness in the low mids, say 300 - 400 Hz?

@York Audio and others, I've frequently heard the word 'woody' being used to describe certain cabs, speakers and amps. I noticed you've used it a few times in this thread too, what exactly are we talking in terms of frequency response, when using the term 'woody' here? Is it something about a slight resonance or thickness in the low mids, say 300 - 400 Hz?
Yeah, I’d say that’s pretty accurate. When I say it sounds “woody,” it’s the tone and feeling I get when palm muting single strings and you can hear the wood of the cab resonating. I mainly get it with the vintage Marshall Checkerboard cabinet. They used great wood when making it and it’s really resonant in a pleasing way.

I told myself I don't really NEED another set of Greenback IRs, but something about the crunchy woodiness of those clips made me add them to my cart today almost beyond my will. No regrets. One thing that struck me about MRSH M20 pack that I haven't seen mentioned before is a sort of dynamic chewiness to the feel and attack under the fingers. Very few IRs have really given that to me so far, and the MRSH M20 is now neck and neck with my other favourite Greenback pack from an IR producer I've been a longtime fan of - the MRSH M20 seems to bring more of that awesome chewy woodiness, while the other Greenback pack I'm a fan - which admittedly is a Pre-Rola G12M25-loaded cab and not the Heritage G12M20, has a slightly warmer top-end that can work better depending on the application. Amazing work, Justin!

I told myself I don't really NEED another set of Greenback IRs, but something about the crunchy woodiness of those clips made me add them to my cart today almost beyond my will. No regrets. One thing that struck me about MRSH M20 pack that I haven't seen mentioned before is a sort of dynamic chewiness to the feel and attack under the fingers. Very few IRs have really given that to me so far, and the MRSH M20 is now neck and neck with my other favourite Greenback pack from an IR producer I've been a longtime fan of - the MRSH M20 seems to bring more of that awesome chewy woodiness, while the other Greenback pack I'm a fan - which admittedly is a Pre-Rola G12M25-loaded cab and not the Heritage G12M20, has a slightly warmer top-end that can work better depending on the application. Amazing work, Justin!
That M20 can definitely get that chewy guitar-face feel under the strings for sure. I find that it works great for rhythm guitars, but really sings if you put a mid-boosted drive in front of the amp like a tube screamer. That speaker is quite different from the M25. It has more low end, smoother midrange, and a higher frequency peak in the top end compared to the M25, but I'm also going to shoot the M25 at some point to cover that ground you mentioned. So many cabs...so little time.

I liked my '76 Marshall "Checkerboard" 4x12 cab with 25w Greenbacks... but I LOVE it with 20w Greenbacks! It's an entirely different animal that gives me "guitar face" every time I play it. There's something about that classic "knock" you hear that just feels right. Here's a clip with the Plexi 2204 model using Mix 03.

Here's a clip of all of the multi-mic mixes included in the pack.

The York Audio MRSH M20 is based on a 1976 Marshall 4x12 “Checkerboard” cabinet loaded with UK made Celestion Heritage G12M20 speakers. The 20 watt Greenback has huge low end, woody mids, and crunchy highs. This cab pairs well with classic British amps, but also screams with high gain. With a wide selection of single microphone captures along with top notch pre-made multi-mic mixes, this cab can handle vintage vibe or modern aggression with ease.

Mics included in this Cab Pack:
57 - based on a Shure SM57
58 - based on a Shure SM58
421v - based on a vintage Sennheiser MD421
421m - based on a modern Sennheiser MD421
906 - based on a Sennheiser e906
SM7 - based on a Shure SM7b
58 - based on a Shure SM58
121 - based on a Royer R-121
160 - based on a Beyerdynamic M160
313 - based on a Shure KSM313
414 - based on an AKG C414

I’ve been loving your M20 cab pack!
I’ve found your mixes to be instantly gratifying.

That M20 can definitely get that chewy guitar-face feel under the strings for sure. I find that it works great for rhythm guitars, but really sings if you put a mid-boosted drive in front of the amp like a tube screamer. That speaker is quite different from the M25. It has more low end, smoother midrange, and a higher frequency peak in the top end compared to the M25, but I'm also going to shoot the M25 at some point to cover that ground you mentioned. So many cabs...so little time.

I'd love that, a G12M25 cab pack with your ears and new shooting method and gear!

Ok, can’t decide. MRSH M20 or Checkmate M25? Anyone?
IMO, if you like 20w Greenbacks, get the 5153 cab. If you like 25w Greenbacks, the MRSH M25 is the way to go. The stuff on the York Audio site is the most current.

Some people still like the MRSH M20, but it’s got more sizzle than the 5153 version in case you like your tones a little warmer.

IMO, if you like 20w Greenbacks, get the 5153 cab. If you like 25w Greenbacks, the MRSH M25 is the way to go. The stuff on the York Audio site is the most current.

Some people still like the MRSH M20, but it’s got more sizzle than the 5153 version in case you like your tones a little warmer.
Man, now I really can’t decide, LOL. What do you think should be best for mid gain (boosted Plexi)?

Not to be completely unhelpful, not it's not like they're thousands of dollars each, buy both. Or buy one with the knowledge that you could buy the other one next week if you're not happy.

i Love the M20, but now i'll also buy the 5153. The York Audio cabs really are that good. Different flavor for a different mix, but they all sound fantastic

Back
Top Bottom