IRs York Audio presents the MES 412 in .Wav format based on Mesa!

Third-party impulse response pack
I agree w you 100%
If you use Mesa amps this is the perfect match
I haven’t. Even tried the other 2 I bought
Just going through the Rectos and JP2C
Its crazy direct how you can almost feel it pushing air and the grunt
Great Pack
I just bought the MES 412. Paired with the JP2C amp in my Axe III and it sounds absolutely glorious! Thanks so much for putting this out there @York Audio! Anyone who is trying to decide whether or not to purchase this pack, I can honestly say, do it! It is that good!
Exactly, there is something about these IRs that just feel and sound so raw and direct. So much punch and clarity. Just brilliant.

Agree. Anyone who likes Mesa should buy this pack immediately.

Dang it @York Audio. After getting the matchless, I couldn’t decide if I wanted the Mesa or Marshall more. Just got them both and they are awesome. I have a Friedman preset with both cabs on it that’s great. Mesa mix cab even played well blending with other factory cabs.

You guys, I’m overwhelmed with gratitude by your encouraging words and support for these packs. These take twice as long to produce compared to my older work, so it’s humbling and exciting to hear your enthusiasm about them. Just feeling very thankful right now and wanted you all to know how deeply I appreciate each of you.

Dang it @York Audio. After getting the matchless, I couldn’t decide if I wanted the Mesa or Marshall more. Just got them both and they are awesome. I have a Friedman preset with both cabs on it that’s great. Mesa mix cab even played well blending with other factory cabs.
Yep I am finding the mix cab blend very well with the factory cabs too. Am playing around with a blend between Mix 8 and the Petrucci IR and it sounds amazing.

Yep I am finding the mix cab blend very well with the factory cabs too. Am playing around with a blend between Mix 8 and the Petrucci IR and it sounds amazing.
I’m back for another round of praise. Have played with this Cab Pack for a few days and it is setting a new standard for what IRs should sound like. Just phenomenal. I also really like the layout and having a small number of mixes and shots per mic. Less option anxiety and more useable tones out of the box.

I also really like the inclusion of off axis captures (and labelled as such). Really useful. The number of mics included is also very cool - everything I could want there except would like to try a MA301 ;)

The current mic blend I am sitting on is as follows:

414-2 at 0db
121-2 at -9db
57-OA 2 at -6db

For high gain Mesa tones (I’m using the JP2C at the moment) this combo sounds killer to me.

Am going to work on some combos with the 421 in the mix too (and we have two versions of that mic to try as well!). Happy days.

Oh, I’m liking the Recto Large, Recto Slant and Recto Small curves with this cab too - depending on how dark I want the tone.

Last edited:
I know it’s blasphemy to pair a V30 with a Plexi (the internet told me so, which obviously makes it true). However, the SM57 captures sound great with the 1959SLP model!!!

I like breaking the rules. It makes me happy and results in great tone!

I’m back for another round of praise. Have played with this Cab Pack for a few days and it is setting a new standard for what IRs should sound like. Just phenomenal. I also really like the layout and having a small number of mixes and shots per mic. Less option anxiety and more useable tones out of the box.

I also really like the inclusion of off axis captures (and labelled as such). Really useful. The number of mics included is also very cool - everything I could want there except would like to try a MA301 ;)

The current mic blend I am sitting on is as follows:

414-2 at 0db
121-2 at -9db
57-OA 2 at -6db

For high gain Mesa tones (I’m using the JP2C at the moment) this combo sounds killer to me.

Am going to work on some combos with the 421 in the mix too (and we have two versions of that mic to try as well!). Happy days.

Oh, I’m liking the Recto Large, Recto Slant and Recto Small curves with this cab too - depending on how dark I want the tone.
It's so cool to see your continued excitement! I'm writing all of these mic recipes down and can't wait to experience them. Makes me want to add more mixes to the pack.

I know it’s blasphemy to pair a V30 with a Plexi (the internet told me so, which obviously makes it true). However, the SM57 captures sound great with the 1959SLP model!!!

I like breaking the rules. It makes me happy and results in great tone!
I bet that's actually a really nice combo. I've always liked Marshall heads through Mesa cabs, and today seems like a good day to try it out. I need to try blending the Mesa cab with the Marshall cab... I used to crank up my Marshall DSL through my Orange V30 4x12 and Marshall M20 4x12 together and it was absolutely bananas. I bet blending the Mesa and Marshall together could be awesome. Ok, slight tangent, but all that to say that I'm gonna try the Plexi/Mesa combo today and support your exploratory efforts.

Bought it and immediately got the tone with SM57-1 and KSM313-1 paired together.

@York Audio Do you know the low resonance frequency of the cab?

Btw, I'm using the "Recto Large" impedance curve.
Oh that's awesome to hear! I gotta check out that mic mix too! As far as the resonance frequency goes, I can probably check at some point today. But I'd say go with the Recto Large impedance curve and you're golden. That one just feels right.

New favourite mix:

57-OA-2 at 0db
421v-3 at -4db
121-2 at -9db

Pure bliss.

I am a total fanboy of this pack lol. Can't get enough.
I'm gonna check this out too. I like seeing that you used the vintage 421 for this one. It's a completely different animal than the modern one. I bet the low end is huge one this mix! I'm glad you're a fanboy of this pack, it does a lot of good for my soul. It's been a wild week, and now I'm gonna take my kids to school and check out these tones you guys are coming up with. It's gonna be a good day.

the website doesn't specify what comes in a pack it just says 'compatible with x y z'...it might be good to have details on there about what comes in it, what format it's in, if it's wav or syx or all of the above, how long the wav files are, etc...

the website doesn't specify what comes in a pack it just says 'compatible with x y z'...it might be good to have details on there about what comes in it, what format it's in, if it's wav or syx or all of the above, how long the wav files are, etc...
You’re absolutely right. Good eye! We had a “tech specs” tab that had all of that info, but it looks like it wasn’t added in. I’ll fix it. The files come in 48k (Fractal preference), 96k, and 44.1k, 24-bit 500ms .wavs with Raw and MPT versions. Fractal doesn’t allow third party vendors to sell .syx and .ir formats outside of their store (completely understandable and respectable), but these can easily be loaded into any Fractal unit.

That's a what I was lookin for, about to check out this new recto pack. Any chance that bipolar pack would get released in WAV Raw format?
I told Fractal that I want to honor our packs together and won't release the same pack in .wav format. This MES pack is based on the same physical cabinet I used for the Bipolar pack, but my technique, the speaker itself, feature set of the pack, microphones, off-axis positions, etc, make it an entirely different product. And trust me (and Brad, thanks Brad, Leon, and others ), this one is definitely better.

I told Fractal that I want to honor our packs together and won't release the same pack in .wav format. This MES pack is based on the same physical cabinet I used for the Bipolar pack, but my technique, the speaker itself, feature set of the pack, microphones, off-axis positions, etc, make it an entirely different product. And trust me (and Brad, thanks Brad, Leon, and others ), this one is definitely better.
Yep, this pack is better than the Bipolar pack. And the Bipolar was ridiculous, so no looking back!

It's so cool to see your continued excitement! I'm writing all of these mic recipes down and can't wait to experience them. Makes me want to add more mixes to the pack.

The mixes you included are really great. Sorry if you answered this already and I have missed it, but were your mixes produced by mixing captured mic IRs in software or were they captures with all the mics setup (a real world capture of the mix)?

I would be really interested in your feedback on these recipes, good or bad. Would be very cool to see what you think of things we have come up with using your pack!

I'm gonna check this out too. I like seeing that you used the vintage 421 for this one. It's a completely different animal than the modern one. I bet the low end is huge one this mix! I'm glad you're a fanboy of this pack, it does a lot of good for my soul. It's been a wild week, and now I'm gonna take my kids to school and check out these tones you guys are coming up with. It's gonna be a good day.
I spent some time with both the vintage and modern 421 IRs in the pack, and I prefer the vintage. Darker and fatter to my ears and has something else in the feel I like. I tend to gravitate to tones which sit on the darker side of the spectrum, and the 57-OA, 421, 121 combo beautifully adds that darkness and growl while also providing sufficient bite on the top end. Pretty perfect me thinks, but interested in your thoughts!

If it is useful, I have attached the main preset I am using this IR combination with. Use Cab Block Channel B with 57-OA-2 in the first slot, 421v-3 in the second slot and 121-2 in the third slot. I like to up the 421 in the mix further if I want more girth.

But ears and brains are strange things, and the tweakability of the Axe with endless IR options can lead to weird things. Unlike where you may have had a single cab or combo and never thought much more about that part of your sound in the past. I find that IRs can sound a little different one day to the next (which is all psychoacoustic and not “real”) because everything can be tweaked instantly, both drastic and minutely subtle.

Which means the exact IR mix I like that day changes too lol. Not that I ever dislike ones I have come to know as a favourite, but they can feel or sound different in comparison over time, and then switch back to sounding/feeling how you “remembered” again. I guess ear fatigue and the instant and voluminous comparisons to other IRs and combination mixes does that (a relatively new phenomenon for the average Joe given availability of tech like the Axe).

Do you ever get like that when selecting which IR shots to keep and what mixes to make for your packs? You are far more experienced than I so there is that too.

Ah the never ending quest, but what fun! :)

Attachments

• VidarAus JP2C Rig v3.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom