York Audio Presents: The Bipolar Pack

that's very interesting, i need to check this pack out, seems like a winner!

just to be absolutely sure, the example starts with the IR right?
i thought i was hearing four sections, mic, IR, IR, mic but as you stated that this pattern is not correct
i assume the sample starts with the IR and i really like the beginning and the end of the example, the middle part
sounds more present in the mids and these are kind of nasty.

Yeah, the clip starts with the IR. :)

Dude!!! Loving that video! Thanks for taking the time to make it and showcase some cool sounds. It makes me really happy that you're happy with your tone. After all, that's what it's all about. And I'm glad you're starting to connect with Class-A amps. That was the main idea behind the cab pack... give people a killer 4x12 and a killer combo to create a huge spectrum of tones and tools to discover new sounds. I can't wait to hear more from you!

I'm looking forward to trying the mixes vs single IR's in a live setting next. Down the rabbit hole again!

I'm looking forward to trying the mixes vs single IR's in a live setting next. Down the rabbit hole again!

The mixes are full and rich and bring depth to your guitars when recording. The single mic files are a little more focused and forward and help your guitar to have its own voice in a live context. Oddly enough, for my dirty tone I landed on a bright SM7 capture that kept the low end chunky, but also added some nice top end presence that cut nicely through the mix without being harsh. Have fun exploring and let me know what you end up using.

Another very satisfied customer here, after watching Leon using the IR's on his channel and testing the free IR I had to get the pack, these are my favorite recto IR's to date. Ive tried them all and never been 100% happy. Dropped them into my fave IIC++ preset and with minimal tweaking there's that tone I was after, thanks :)

Since I bought the OH California Duo Pack I've been a big fan of the Scott Peterson mixes which seem to capture the sound of a cab very well without stressing the typical features of a specific microphone too much. They seem so balanced.

Does your cab pack include any mixes similar to these? I could use a some nice mix IRs of a standard/oversized Mesa cab and I've grown tired of trying to mix IRs myself.
Agree on the Scott Peterson mixes. Regretting he's not as forum-active as in the early days on the forum. Lot's of work going on I guess.

Another very satisfied customer here, after watching Leon using the IR's on his channel and testing the free IR I had to get the pack, these are my favorite recto IR's to date. Ive tried them all and never been 100% happy. Dropped them into my fave IIC++ preset and with minimal tweaking there's that tone I was after, thanks :)

Hey man, just wanted say thank you for picking up the pack and I’m thrilled that you’re happy with it. You made my day!

My go to more or less since I got this pack has been a stereo cab with the Recto 57M C (or D depending on how I'm feeling) and Recto 121 1 IR's panned down the center. Sounds full and present with just about anything you throw at it and absolutely screams with high gain amps (see clip below).

My go to more or less since I got this pack has been a stereo cab with the Recto 57M C (or D depending on how I'm feeling) and Recto 121 1 IR's panned down the center. Sounds full and present with just about anything you throw at it and absolutely screams with high gain amps (see clip below).

Wow, I think I’m going to have to get these. I have the ownhammer Justin York pack and I like them. Have these impulses been good with the mid gain Marshall kind of stuff too?

My God..I just envy you for the musical taste and skills you have..nice playing on guitar and very melodic..I really like a lot !

Tried this combo out last night, sounds great! At least for now, I think this may be my new go to setup!

Wow, I think I’m going to have to get these. I have the ownhammer Justin York pack and I like them. Have these impulses been good with the mid gain Marshall kind of stuff too?

The 121 Recto impulses with the Plexi models are really great for 70's style stuff and the Vox IR's are great for edge of breakup tones.

Tried this combo out last night, sounds great! At least for now, I think this may be my new go to setup!

It's a classic combo for a reason, best of both worlds.

My God..I just envy you for the musical taste and skills you have..nice playing on guitar and very melodic..I really like a lot !
Thanks so much for the kind words :)

Agreed, this IR mix is really tasty, and seems to enhance any amp ..and in a bizarre coincidence, this morning I was reinstalling IR s into my XL+ and realized I hadn’t put but a couple of mixes from this @York Audio in, so I grabbed all the Producers choice Single Mics and dragged them into a random user slot area..I then came across this thread and realized that I had just put them in, so I called up a preset I had installed at some point by @Guitarjon , Jon’s Recto, and when I went to the Cab Block to choose @2112 ‘s recommended IR s , I was shocked to see that in U261, against extraordinary odds and before I touched anything ... the YA RECTO ST 412 57MD was already sitting in the Stereo CAB R slot....maybe I’m high, but it blew my mind.....

I took the free IR’s down because they weren’t as good as the Producer selections and didn’t do the pack justice. I can’t give away my top picks or else there’d be no point to buying the pack. Besides, you can’t judge a pack from a single IR just like you can’t judge the Axe from a single amp model. There are too many flavors, and you have to find the combination that is right for YOU.

I stand behind my pack, so I don’t feel the need to hype it. The Mesa sounds like a Mesa and the AC15 sounds like an AC15. You can hear my “Apples to Apples” clip comparing my IR’s to a real Mic’d amp and you can hear @2112 ’s videos to get an idea of what this pack sounds like. No bloated low end, no honky midrange, and no neutered top end. Just honest captures of two cabs I really like. If you pick it up, let me know how you like it!

Hey Justin. Wondering if you will ever share some tips on amps that pair well with your cabs and maybe share presets to use with them. I plan on buying your pack this week.

I took the free IR’s down because they weren’t as good as the Producer selections and didn’t do the pack justice. I can’t give away my top picks or else there’d be no point to buying the pack. Besides, you can’t judge a pack from a single IR just like you can’t judge the Axe from a single amp model. There are too many flavors, and you have to find the combination that is right for YOU.

I stand behind my pack, so I don’t feel the need to hype it. The Mesa sounds like a Mesa and the AC15 sounds like an AC15. You can hear my “Apples to Apples” clip comparing my IR’s to a real Mic’d amp and you can hear @2112 ’s videos to get an idea of what this pack sounds like. No bloated low end, no honky midrange, and no neutered top end. Just honest captures of two cabs I really like. If you pick it up, let me know how you like it!

Back
Top Bottom