York Audio Presents: The Bipolar Pack

The Class-A 15W is a very special cab that plays well with all Class-A style amps. It's open sounding and has wonderful midrange clarity with the right amount of chime and body.

I'm going to pick up this pack, me thinks.... for the 'Class-A 15W with Plex Delays', can you share the preset? Knowing which IR you were using would be great!

Very cool of you to let us check one of the ir. I will probably be picking these up since I enjoyed your owhammer pack.
You're welcome. It's the tip of the tonal iceberg, but hopefully it helps to instill confidence in a new brand. Thanks for being willing to check these out!

I'm going to pick up this pack, me thinks.... for the 'Class-A 15W with Plex Delays', can you share the preset? Knowing which IR you were using would be great!

Sure thing. Here's the preset. I used Mix 1 for everything except Mix 7 was used on the shimmer part at the end. Multi-Delay 1 is the Plex Detune and Multi-Delay 2 is the Plex Shift for the shimmer effect. I used a Hagstrom semi-hollowbody for the clip. Be sure to tweak the patch for your hands, but this will get you in the ballpark.

Attachments

• York Audio - Plex Delays.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 123
I don't think that's too much to ask at all. It's always nice to be able to try something before you buy it, and I'm very confident in these IR's

Thank you so much for the sample. Loved that (and the audio clips) so much, I bought the pack today. I was just floored by how good the Class A 15W IRs sounded with my DC-30 patch. Beyond the mixes and favorites, I love the organization of the IRs....ribbon, balanced, bright and dark. That alone really helped me zero in on what I was looking to add to my sound.

Great stuff!

Justin sounds great man
Will you be doing your Mesa 212
I remember digging that one a lot
Yeah, I'll do the Mesa 2x12 at some point. That's on my to-do list along with a pretty wide range of other cabs that I'm itching to get to.

Thank you so much for the sample. Loved that (and the audio clips) so much, I bought the pack today. I was just floored by how good the Class A 15W IRs sounded with my DC-30 patch. Beyond the mixes and favorites, I love the organization of the IRs....ribbon, balanced, bright and dark. That alone really helped me zero in on what I was looking to add to my sound.

Great stuff!
Thank you for such a nice review! And I'm glad you like the layout. I've been so frustrated trying to navigate drum and other virtual instrument libraries, that I worked hard on figuring out how to make this easy to use with a broad range of diversity. Take a mic you like, audition 8 files in the style you want, and choose the one you like best. It's interesting, all of the beta testers were very complimentary of this pack, and they all had different favorites. I'm happy to see that you're diving into the deeper side of the pack and finding the IR's that work the best with your hands.

That's exactly how I use it. The DC-30 is the heart of my go-to Voxy patch. Add Justin's Mix 1 cab, stir in a little bit of one of the rear captures, and yum!
Sometimes you just need a little rear.... wait......did I say that right?

The JY 4x12 cab is my first choice for great Mesasound.
I´ve tried the free IR (thanks a lot), but I don´t like it with the amps I use (Savage, Mesa MKII ++) - sorry, but it´s sounding to sharp to me.

I like the first shot of your cab with more mids more.......

Last edited:
The JY 4x12 is cab my first choice for great Mesasound.
I´ve tried the free IR (thanks a lot), but I don´t like it with the amps I use (Savage, Mesa MKII ++) - sorry, but it´s sounding to sharp to me.

I like the first shot of your cab with more mids more.......

Thanks for the feedback, and I welcome the discussion. Which IR do you use from the JYC?

The free one is a single 57 capture on a brighter part of the speaker, so if you want a fuller sound, simply use one of the Mix options or use a darker IR. I just A/B'ed my free IR against the JYC BR 57 C3 (which is the closest comparison) and the JYC is much brighter and has less midrange than my free one.

Absolutely love these! For me, all I've had to do with the majority of these cabs is use light low cut or high cut using the same amp and pedals as I always use. The Recto's are the first I've ever actually liked. Unlike other cab packs that I have tried, for once these are not so loaded with low end that you have to make huge adjustments. You fire up a cab, very little to no fine tuning, and go.

The Class A 15's are insane as to me, they capture something different. The Recto's, though great, sound like famous sounds and cabs we all know and love. That is not a cut...that is actually a compliment. But for me, I'm always looking for something that doesn't sound like anything else. Sort of like EZDrummer...everyone has it because it's affordable and sounds good. BUT....you sound like 8 million other users that have the same sound. The Recto's showcase familiar sounds you guys will love if you are looking for that. Big, throaty and in your face.The Class 15's are unique to me. Not as throaty as the Recto of course, but "different".

My favorites are all Justin's favorites. I can see why he chose them. I can record in seconds with any of them with little to no tweaking. Definitely some of the best IR's I've ever used. One thing I absolutely hate that you don't get here....massive amount of tweaking because there's so much low end you should just play bass guitar....and so much high end that you should just mic up a swarm of killer bee's. I've not experienced one lick of that even with some of the cabs that weren't for me.

With an AxeFx II, XL or XL+, you can make any of these cabs work just with the cab tweaking options we have if you need to tweak further. But for me, hi cut and low cut sparingly (if at all) worked absolute wonders especially with my AX8. Best of luck Justin, this is a KILLER pack!

-Danny Danzi

Absolutely love these! For me, all I've had to do with the majority of these cabs is use light low cut or high cut using the same amp and pedals as I always use. The Recto's are the first I've ever actually liked. Unlike other cab packs that I have tried, for once these are not so loaded with low end that you have to make huge adjustments. You fire up a cab, very little to no fine tuning, and go.

The Class A 15's are insane as to me, they capture something different. The Recto's, though great, sound like famous sounds and cabs we all know and love. That is not a cut...that is actually a compliment. But for me, I'm always looking for something that doesn't sound like anything else. Sort of like EZDrummer...everyone has it because it's affordable and sounds good. BUT....you sound like 8 million other users that have the same sound. The Recto's showcase familiar sounds you guys will love if you are looking for that. Big, throaty and in your face.The Class 15's are unique to me. Not as throaty as the Recto of course, but "different".

My favorites are all Justin's favorites. I can see why he chose them. I can record in seconds with any of them with little to no tweaking. Definitely some of the best IR's I've ever used. One thing I absolutely hate that you don't get here....massive amount of tweaking because there's so much low end you should just play bass guitar....and so much high end that you should just mic up a swarm of killer bee's. I've not experienced one lick of that even with some of the cabs that weren't for me.

With an AxeFx II, XL or XL+, you can make any of these cabs work just with the cab tweaking options we have if you need to tweak further. But for me, hi cut and low cut sparingly (if at all) worked absolute wonders especially with my AX8. Best of luck Justin, this is a KILLER pack!

-Danny Danzi

Wow! Thanks for the glowing review, Danny! You've just nailed every goal I had for this pack. Great sound, uncompromising authenticity, and an easy to use layout to get people playing...not tweaking. I don't believe in "producing" IR's, just capturing the cabinets honestly to give the same results as if you had the actual cabinet set up in a studio with world class mics. After all, people buy Fractal products because they're extremely authentic. IR's should be held to the same standard, and I believe this Cab Pack achieves that level of realness.

Also, here's another free IR to demonstrate a multi-mic mix using IR's found in The Bipolar Pack. It's big and clear and showcases a more full-range example of what you can expect. Let me know what you think!

Edit: Deleted. The mixes in the cab pack are way better.

Last edited:
Also, here's another free IR to demonstrate a multi-mic mix using IR's found in The Bipolar Pack. It's big and clear and showcases a more full-range example of what you can expect. Let me know what you think!

Is there any possibility of getting those impulses to try in .IR format? (I´m a cablab 3 user not a axefx user so i cant use .syx)

Thanks for this further free IR. Sorry - this one seems to dark to me, nothing remarkable no me.........:(

The IR´s I´m using from JYC are:

412 TR SM 57 G2, G3 and E3 - great mids, not to bassy,
412 TL SM 57 A4 (more body, full sound)

412 RE 421 B3 + 121 - my favourite Mix IR from this Pack.

Sorry Justin, your new shooting can´t beat my favourites.....

Thanks for this further free IR. Sorry - this one seems to dark to me, nothing remarkable no me.........:(

The IR´s I´m using from JYC are:

412 TR SM 57 G2, G3 and E3 - great mids, not to bassy,
412 TL SM 57 A4 (more body, full sound)

412 RE 421 B3 + 121 - my favourite Mix IR from this Pack.

Sorry Justin, your new shooting can´t beat my favourites.....

That's no problem at all. I offered the free mix for those who felt the single 57 was too bright so they could hear a darker side of the pack. If someone likes the darker side, they know they're covered. If they want something a little brighter, the Producer Mixes should fit that nice middle ground.

I always love hearing that people still use the JYC. That was my baby and just goes to show that great IR's are timeless. I feel even stronger about the ones in this pack, but cant give away my best stuff for free. Just like the JYC, once you land on the right mic placement/mix for your hands and tastes, those are the ones you'll use that create YOUR signature sound.

Back
Top Bottom