IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Here it is! After countless requests, I'm proud to announce the release of the York Audio YORK 212 M65 Cream Cab Pack. Based on a custom York Audio "Golden" 2x12 cabinet loaded with Celestion G12M-65 Creamback speakers. This is an awesome speaker! It really is a perfect blend of vintage and modern tonal qualities, so it's extremely diverse. I made all of these clips using Mix 01, and they sound pretty stinkin' good to me. I think you guys are gonna love this one!

Rock clip using my '89 Les Paul Custom (Suhr Thornbucker + pickups) through the Solo 100 Lead model:

Plexi clip using my 2012 Gibson Midtown semi-hollowbody with the Plexi 50w Jumped model:

Clean clip using my Fender American Professional Strat through the Matchless D-30 model:

Here it is! After countless requests, I'm proud to announce the release of the York Audio YORK 212 M65 Cream Cab Pack. Based on a custom York Audio "Golden" 2x12 cabinet loaded with Celestion G12M-65 Creamback speakers. This is an awesome speaker! It really is a perfect blend of vintage and modern tonal qualities, so it's extremely diverse. I made all of these clips using Mix 01, and they sound pretty stinkin' good to me. I think you guys are gonna love this one!

Rock clip using my '89 Les Paul Custom (Suhr Thornbucker + pickups) through the Solo 100 Lead model:

Plexi clip using my 2012 Gibson Midtown semi-hollowbody with the Plexi 50w Jumped model:

Clean clip using my Fender American Professional Strat through the Matchless D-30 model:

These sounds awesome as always Justin. Just take my money now

Sounds great! If you’re willing to share your presets that would be greatly appreciated!

Definitely picking this one up like all your others. Pretty much exclusively using all York Audio IRs now.

if I wanted to mix the tonal qualities of this pack with the DV77 speaker is it okay to pick a blend of each or would you suggest Single mics from each pack?

I find the mixes are easiest for me to get a great sound quick but I’d still like to experiment a little.

Thanks for all you do as always!

I am mostly a rocker, but that Strat clip has me all....

Sounds great! If you’re willing to share your presets that would be greatly appreciated!
Sure thing. When I get back in my studio tomorrow I’ll clean up the preset and post it.

Definitely picking this one up like all your others. Pretty much exclusively using all York Audio IRs now.

if I wanted to mix the tonal qualities of this pack with the DV77 speaker is it okay to pick a blend of each or would you suggest Single mics from each pack?

I find the mixes are easiest for me to get a great sound quick but I’d still like to experiment a little.

Thanks for all you do as always!
Sure, you can mix this pack with the DV77. Sometimes when you blend mixes, it can get a little too low end heavy. Try it and see how you feel. If there’s too much low end with both packs, you can start with a Mix you like from one pack and blend in a single mic from the other… or use singles from each pack. Just make sure you’re using MPT files for cab blending.

I am mostly a rocker, but that Strat clip has me all....

Hahahaha! This one got me.

Thank you Justin ,

I love this pack it pairs with like everything from SLO, Archon, Triple Crown to of course the Marshall classic and modern and is also awesome for clean stuff like Matchless Badcat as you have shown , really a Chameleon of a speaker , that is solid across all genres, great mids everything you would want in a higher power GB type speaker , and improves on tightening up the lows so they don't fart out
I love this pack , also noticed you added the Bob rock mix 6 ,421/ 160 combo

BTW as far as impedance curve what should we set it too, still the mesa 212. or because this is an oversize 212 would the god zilla be better?

Thank you Justin ,

I love this pack it pairs with like everything from SLO, Archon, Triple Crown to of course the Marshall classic and modern and is also awesome for clean stuff like Matchless Badcat as you have shown , really a Chameleon of a speaker , that is solid across all genres, great mids everything you would want in a higher power GB type speaker , and improves on tightening up the lows so they don't fart out
I love this pack , also noticed you added the Bob rock mix 6 ,421/ 160 combo

BTW as far as impedance curve what should we set it too, still the mesa 212. or because this is an oversize 212 would the god zilla be better?
Yeah man, I put that 421-160 combo in there because of you, and it was a great tip! I'm glad you're already digging this one. As far as the impedance curve goes, try the Mesa 2x12 and the Zilla 2x12 with the low resonance frequency set to 103 Hz and see which one you like more. The Zilla may be a little closer than the Mesa, but I haven't checked. Really hoping that the Axe will be able to capture cabinet impedance curves someday.

Hi Justin,

I just bought both. The Creamback and the DV 77, I cant wait to try them out!
These are my 11th and 12th cab pack from you and everyone sounds stellar, thank you!

Cheers
Sash

Clips sound great.

Nice alternative for the YA Bogner, delivering more body / mids, but also getting somewhat muddier in combination with high gain.

Last edited:
Clips sound great.

Nice alternative for the YA Bogner, delivering more body / mids, but also getting somewhat muddier in combination with high gain.
Its definitely has a fat midrange
i dont think i would pair it with something like a Carol ann or Dumble
but w SLO Archon TC100 its a great cab , i find i can use more top end as it is smoother

Back
Top Bottom