IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
After numerous requests for a Jensen loaded Fender combo, I'm pleased to announce that the York Audio VLUX 210 P10R Cab Pack has finally been released! This Cab Pack is based on a Fender Custom Vibrolux Reverb Amp loaded with the original Jensen P10R 10" Alnico speakers.

Here's a clip using a few guitars and amps. The first section is my Strat through the Vibrolux model, the second section is a dirty Tele on the bridge pickup through the Vibroverb model, and the third is my P90 loaded Les Paul through the Twin model.

I hope you guys dig this one!

After numerous requests for a Jensen loaded Fender combo, I'm pleased to announce that the York Audio VLUX 210 P10R Cab Pack has finally been released! This Cab Pack is based on a Fender Custom Vibrolux Reverb Amp loaded with the original Jensen P10R 10" Alnico speakers.

Here's a clip using a few guitars and amps. The first section is my Strat through the Vibrolux model, the second section is a dirty Tele on the bridge pickup through the Vibroverb model, and the third is my P90 loaded Les Paul through the Twin model.

Bought it! What Mix did you use for the above? Any chance we can get the preset? Thanks!

Bought it! What Mix did you use for the above? Any chance we can get the preset? Thanks!
Thank you so much for picking it up! I hope you like it. I used Mix 01 for the Strat, Mix 03 or 04 for the Tele, and I think Mix 07 or 09 (whichever one is the 906-i5 mix) for the Les Paul.

I’m out of the studio at the moment, but I’ll get you definite Mix numbers and the preset when I get back in there. :)

Grabbed it. This set should work well for the 6G4 Super, also, given the similar cab measurements. Might even work better than a Super Rev cab IR with C10Rs for the 6G12 Concert since it is the correct speaker, at least, if not the correct cab....

Nice nice nice!

Here's the preset (made on FW 16.04). I also added a "6G4 Super-Lead" in Scene 4. The Mixes are all in the Scene names, so just load the appropriate User Cab and you'll be set. I just used Mixes 01, 03, and 07 for this preset. You'll have to let me know what you think. Also, for the Twin (Scene 3), try turning the Bright Switch OFF and take the Treble up to about 6-7 if the Bright Switch gives you too much of that Piezo/Plastic top end attack. Some people love that, and it sounded great with my P90's, but normally I like the Bright Switch OFF on Fender amps.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• YA VLUX 210 P10R Clips.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 58
Your VLUX 210 P10R Cab Pack soundcloud files really sound amazing – I like it very much. At the moment I'm not at home but I'm looking forward to trying your preset out when I will be back at home! Thanks for sharing it.

Loving the VLUX pack! Usually just load the singles, find the 57 and ribbon that work for me and mix them in the cab block, but the 58 is interesting alone, too, and the mixes 7, 10, and 13 really appeal to me. Kinda wondering which mics are in those mixes, to see if it confirms my usual preference(s) or points to other mics I should be listening to more often....

Loving the VLUX pack! Usually just load the singles, find the 57 and ribbon that work for me and mix them in the cab block, but the 58 is interesting alone, too, and the mixes 7, 10, and 13 really appeal to me. Kinda wondering which mics are in those mixes, to see if it confirms my usual preference(s) or points to other mics I should be listening to more often....
Awe, thanks man. I’m glad you’re liking the VLUX! The manual lists the mics used in the Mixes, give that a look. :)

There's a manual to RTF? Will have a look....
Hmmm....
  • Mix 07 - 906 + i5
  • Mix 10 - 58 + 421
  • Mix 13 - 160 + 184 (Created by John Mark Painter)
The 58 I was enjoying singly is in there, and paired with a 421, which I usually find a bit bitey and shrill.
The 906/i5 is a complete departure from my usual suspects.
The 160 is my fave ribbon, edging out the 121 by just a bit as my go-to 57-fattener, and is paired instead with a 184, which is my fave for acoustic guitar.

Verrrrry interesting....
arte.jpg

I checked all the major cab packs from all the manufacturers and landed on the Bogna 412 as my first purchase. It delivered, paired with the Euro Uber I am loving it. The FDMN 412 is in my cart for the next purchase.

Hmmm....
  • Mix 07 - 906 + i5
  • Mix 10 - 58 + 421
  • Mix 13 - 160 + 184 (Created by John Mark Painter)
The 58 I was enjoying singly is in there, and paired with a 421, which I usually find a bit bitey and shrill.
The 906/i5 is a complete departure from my usual suspects.
The 160 is my fave ribbon, edging out the 121 by just a bit as my go-to 57-fattener, and is paired instead with a 184, which is my fave for acoustic guitar.

Verrrrry interesting....
View attachment 87188
I’m glad you found some cool combos with mics you don’t typically use! That’s one of the main reasons why my Mixes don’t include the mic names. Sometimes we’re surprised by Mixes using mics we normally don’t care for, but sound great when combined with a complimentary mic.

I checked all the major cab packs from all the manufacturers and landed on the Bogna 412 as my first purchase. It delivered, paired with the Euro Uber I am loving it. The FDMN 412 is in my cart for the next purchase.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing, and I’m happy that you’re connecting with the Bogna. It’s a great sounding cab!

Back
Top Bottom