IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Hi all, I’d like to pickup 3-4 YA packs, as I finally dipped into the $1 Mesa and really enjoy it.

Mainly looking for classic rock to hair metal sounds, some modern non-down tuned stuff. I have the OH rEvolution bundle doing Greenback duty mostly and ML Hair Metal (G12T-75).

I am hoping to avoid some redundancy unless the YA Greenbacks are a bigger step up from the OH.

Any choices I’m overlooking for this?
  • Creamback
  • Friedman
  • Mesa Oversized

• Creamback
  • Friedman
  • Mesa Oversized
The Creamback is obviously new but well liked. The 5153 sounds like it would be right up your alley, and if very recent with good reviews, the Mesa Oversized V2 is an excellent capture of that cab and everyone needs a good one of those, and the Friedman is a great value since it's both a V30 and a Greenback with separate and blended captures. The Bogna and some of the marshalls are well liked too, but honestly I can't argue with your picks.

Hi all, I’d like to pickup 3-4 YA packs, as I finally dipped into the $1 Mesa and really enjoy it.

Mainly looking for classic rock to hair metal sounds, some modern non-down tuned stuff. I have the OH rEvolution bundle doing Greenback duty mostly and ML Hair Metal (G12T-75).

I am hoping to avoid some redundancy unless the YA Greenbacks are a bigger step up from the OH.

• Creamback
  • Friedman
  • Mesa Oversized
they are all really good, but somewhat different , the Freidman to me is more scooped in the mids
the 5153 is more upper mid cut and the Cream is kind of in the middle very strong mids but smoother top end than the 5153

What are the amps you are using are your main 3 ? that will help ,
If your modern is a recto and 5150 variant , I would go OS and 5153

@Randalljax Thank you. I tend to gravitate to the Plexi 50w, JCM800, and SLO models for classic rock to hair metal. I haven’t actually dove into a good harder metal amp yet but did want to take advantage of YA’s sale, hence my inclusion of the Mesa OS.

As I’m reading your post I’m almost thinking I could pass on the 5153 for something else. So many options!!

@Randalljax Thank you. I tend to gravitate to the Plexi 50w, JCM800, and SLO models for classic rock to hair metal. I haven’t actually dove into a good harder metal amp yet but did want to take advantage of YA’s sale, hence my inclusion of the Mesa OS.

As I’m reading your post I’m almost thinking I could pass on the 5153 for something else. So many options!!
For the SLO and Jcm800
i would go M65 Creambacks
those amps are bright and cutting by nature and the big mids and slightly less aggressive top end of the cream match nicely
listen to the Creamback clips the Rock tone is SLO mix 1

@Nathan M. many thanks. I do like what I’m hearing on the creamback and definitely think I’ll be picking that up.
@Randalljax yup and I love what is there. That said I didn’t see any Marshall flavors unless I’m missing something. I’m using the YA extension to pinpoint those IRs.

I just bought the Demo Mesa 2x12 pack. Very nice! I think I'm gonna have to check out maybe the Mesa Traditional pack soon! Good stuff YA!!!

It’s probably a combination of all of those things. I tend to smack the strings with feeling, and some amps compress more than others when you dig in with your pick. I use a limiter on my clips just to get them to a consistent volume, but try to keep them from hitting any gain reduction. After that, SoundCloud does what it does.

For clean tones, I tend to like a compressor with low-medium gain reduction (2-6dB) to smooth things out a bit while still feeling dynamic with a lighter touch.

Thanks!
As expected there is something appening that (at least to me) is quite musical and juicy.

Im assuming you're strucking with the edge of the pick or at least it sounds to me like you're doing so.

Anyway you sir have some magic in your playing (and in your hearing/taste)

I'm loving this creamback pack, it's just sounding right with anything I throw at it
Tonight I spent some time with my hollowbody, strat and custom 22 - they all sounded great.

Not that any others I've got sound bad, but this is my favorite so far

Thanks!
As expected there is something appening that (at least to me) is quite musical and juicy.

Im assuming you're strucking with the edge of the pick or at least it sounds to me like you're doing so.

Anyway you sir have some magic in your playing (and in your hearing/taste)
Thanks man! Yeah, I always play with the edge of my pick. The well-worn ones have pretty drastic angles at the pick’s edge. That’s how I learned when I was 10 and haven’t changed my right hand technique very much since then.

I'm loving this creamback pack, it's just sounding right with anything I throw at it
Tonight I spent some time with my hollowbody, strat and custom 22 - they all sounded great.

Not that any others I've got sound bad, but this is my favorite so far
That’s great to hear, and I couldn’t agree more. That’s a very special pack that seems to work well with everything I’ve thrown at it. Just kicking myself for not doing the Creamback earlier, and now I want to try it more cabs.

Thanks man! Yeah, I always play with the edge of my pick. The well-worn ones have pretty drastic angles at the pick’s edge. That’s how I learned when I was 10 and haven’t changed my right hand technique very much since then.

That’s great to hear, and I couldn’t agree more. That’s a very special pack that seems to work well with everything I’ve thrown at it. Just kicking myself for not doing the Creamback earlier, and now I want to try it more cabs.
I can’t agree more, I love this pack!

Does anyone have more clips MRSH 412 T75, i just find those two clips one from Leo:s and one from YorkAudio? And these are real capture Marshall 4x12 cabinet whit G12T-75 speakers right?

Does anyone have more clips MRSH 412 T75, i just find those two clips one from Leo:s and one from YorkAudio? And these are real capture Marshall 4x12 cabinet whit G12T-75 speakers right?
I don't know if there are more clips of the MRSH 412 T75, but yes, it was captured from a 1990 Marshall 1960a with G12T-75 speakers. They're an older "skunk stripe" UK version of the T75 that is much warmer and smoother in the top end than the current Chinese version.

I don't know if there are more clips of the MRSH 412 T75, but yes, it was captured from a 1990 Marshall 1960a with G12T-75 speakers. They're an older "skunk stripe" UK version of the T75 that is much warmer and smoother in the top end than the current Chinese version.
Thanks for reply good to know more details about this cabinet and speakers, and yeah older elements sounds warmer and smoother mostly same thoughts.

Thanks for reply good to know more details about this cabinet and speakers, and yeah older elements sounds warmer and smoother mostly same thoughts.
No problem at all. I could never connect with the G12T-75 in the past, but it turns out that it’s just the newer versions that I didn’t like. I found this one locally and decided to try it after getting a lot of requests for that cab and thought it sounded excellent. Much warmer than other 1960a cabs I tried in the past. So I pulled the back panel off and saw that it had the older spec UK made T75’s. I also have one from ‘85 and one from ‘89 that sound great in an X pattern with Marshall Vintage speakers.

No problem at all. I could never connect with the G12T-75 in the past, but it turns out that it’s just the newer versions that I didn’t like. I found this one locally and decided to try it after getting a lot of requests for that cab and thought it sounded excellent. Much warmer than other 1960a cabs I tried in the past. So I pulled the back panel off and saw that it had the older spec UK made T75’s. I also have one from ‘85 and one from ‘89 that sound great in an X pattern with Marshall Vintage speakers.
Nice story about it good to know, ye newer speakers sounds so much different. You did mention you have `85 and `89 versions as well, how much difference those has compare this your MRSH 412 T75 IR collection? And this MRSH 412 T75 cabinet and speakers are from year 1990?

Nice story about it good to know, ye newer speakers sounds so much different. You did mention you have `85 and `89 versions as well, how much difference those has compare this your MRSH 412 T75 IR collection? And this MRSH 412 T75 cabinet and speakers are from year 1990?
I haven’t captured the ‘85 and ‘89 T75’s yet, so I don’t know how different they sound. And yes, the MRSH 412 T75 pack is based on a 1990 Marshall 1960a with the original ‘90 T75 speakers.

Back
Top Bottom