IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Hi Justin! So pumped to try this one out. Since it's a very similar cab to DV77 do you still recommend Recto 2x12 under speaker impedance?
I’d say try the Mesa 212 and Zilla 212 curves with the low frequency set to 103Hz and pick whichever one feels better to you.

How close do you feel the cream backs are to your 80's G12 65's?
I haven’t heard the ‘80 G12-65’s in a while, so I couldn’t tell you how different or similar they are. They have different dust cap styles, so I image they would be pretty different, but I can’t say for sure.

Clips sound great.

Nice alternative for the YA Bogner, delivering more body / mids, but also getting somewhat muddier in combination with high gain.
Thanks man. The cabinet construction lends itself to a fuller tone, so you may need to reduce bass if you’re comparing it to a brighter cabinet. I’m glad you’re liking it so far!

I did a quick preset with the Brit Silver, please use the 212m65 Mix 3.
It's a thick and nasty tone.
I’m excited to check this one out. Thanks for sharing!

I am so tempted to take my first pull on the IR crack pipe right now. ;)

Those new clips of the Creamback IRs sound SOOOOOOOO Goood!

Telling myself it as all in your hands, though, Justin. :)

Cross posting from another thread:

I bought both packs and spent the last 90 minutes playing with the mixes and didn't really get past the DV-77... I spent a few minutes with the Creambacks and I can tell I am going to like them, too!

Only in headphones so far... Waiting until I can turn up to test with my Xitones but I found all the mixes to be useful.

About an hour in I realized I was still using the the default speaker impedance curve for the 59 Bassman model I was testing with.

It works well but I also want to try it with the suggested curves as well as others.

Nice work!

Sorry for the late delivery on this one, but here's the preset for the demo clip tones along with a JCM 800 in scene 4.

Just use the YORK 212 M65 Mix 01 in the cab block and you're all set.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• YA YORK M65 Clips - Mix 01.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 80
Mind if I share an FM3 ready preset edited from your preset, Justin? :)
I don’t mind at all. Thanks for converting the preset.
As per TGP i think when country artist
Thomas Rhetts touring guitar player
is raving about the Creamback IR pack , you done good
Nathan is an amazing person and a great player. I didn’t even know he picked up the pack and thought his review was really kind. We get to hang this week and I can’t wait.

It’s cool to see this pack being embraced by everyone from country players, to classic rock guys, to Fender enthusiasts, to metal heads. I think that cab really is special. I just received a “custom” 4x12 from overseas that sounds good, but I’d rather play the “Golden” York 2x12.

solo 88 lead + 212 m65 mix1 + high gain pickups = true metal tone :hearteyes:
I forgot about the Solo 88! That one has a really cool aggressive midrange character if I remember correctly.

Sorry for the late delivery on this one, but here's the preset for the demo clip tones along with a JCM 800 in scene 4.

Just use the YORK 212 M65 Mix 01 in the cab block and you're all set.

Enjoy!
Thank you Justin,

awesome I could never bond with the SLO but in combination with that IR it’s just awesome!

Honestly, if I would use real amps and cabs, I would definitely get one of your 2x12 cabs, they seem to some kind of a secret sound weapon.

Cheers
Sash

Last edited:
I've had a lot of people asking for pictures of the York Audio cabs, so here's a little something for all of you. The top ones are the "Standard" size, and the bottom ones are slightly taller "Golden Ratio" cabs. One thing that sets these apart is the isolated grill panel that doesn't touch the inner edges of the cab, which you can see in the third photo.

For the M65 and DV77 packs, were they both shot in the Golden cabs? Or DV77 in the standard and the M65 in the Golden?
Both of these packs sound amazing. I would love to know more deets about the cabs, materials, dimensions, back configurations (are they convertible? if so oval or slant panels? 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 openings?), builder? Of course, if you want to keep all of this info proprietary, that's cool and totally understandable. If these IR packs sell well, I could see you and the builder launching a line ;)

Here's an FM3 ready version of Justin's preset with the 4 scenes he shared above.

I don't have the YA Creamback Pack.... yet. So you'll have to load those IRs in yourself
if you have them. :)

Attachments

• YA YORK M65 Clips - Mix 01 4 FM3.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 22
@York Audio Can I ask you something?

I hear some sort of compression in basically all your clips and I was wondering if that's because of Soundcloud or maybe because you're using a compressor to have a similar perceived volume in your clips.
I'm actually thinking it probably is due to your technique and the way you're attacking the strings with your pick.

For the M65 and DV77 packs, were they both shot in the Golden cabs? Or DV77 in the standard and the M65 in the Golden?
Both of these packs sound amazing. I would love to know more deets about the cabs, materials, dimensions, back configurations (are they convertible? if so oval or slant panels? 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 openings?), builder? Of course, if you want to keep all of this info proprietary, that's cool and totally understandable. If these IR packs sell well, I could see you and the builder launching a line ;)
The DV77 was captured in a “standard” smaller cab, and the M65 was captured in the slightly taller “Golden” cab. Both cabs are made of Baltic Birch. The standard cab is a little more “mid-forward,” and the Golden cab is more “even” sounding. They’re made out of Baltic Birch and can have different back panel configurations. The DV77 and M65 were both captured with closed back versions.

The response from field testers has been pretty amazing, so I think we will offer a line of cabs as well. It’s been cool to see these things get such a positive response.

@York Audio Can I ask you something?

I hear some sort of compression in basically all your clips and I was wondering if that's because of Soundcloud or maybe because you're using a compressor to have a similar perceived volume in your clips.
I'm actually thinking it probably is due to your technique and the way you're attacking the strings with your pick.
It’s probably a combination of all of those things. I tend to smack the strings with feeling, and some amps compress more than others when you dig in with your pick. I use a limiter on my clips just to get them to a consistent volume, but try to keep them from hitting any gain reduction. After that, SoundCloud does what it does.

For clean tones, I tend to like a compressor with low-medium gain reduction (2-6dB) to smooth things out a bit while still feeling dynamic with a lighter touch.

Back
Top Bottom