IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Th
It’s in the queue, but the next pack will be something that’s had more requests. Don’t worry though, it’s coming.

Thanks man. It feels like it’s on its way out. I’m just ready to capture some more stuff, but want to make sure my ears are in a good spot.
Thanks Justin
The time will come ….

It’s in the queue, but the next pack will be something that’s had more requests. Don’t worry though, it’s coming.

Thanks man. It feels like it’s on its way out. I’m just ready to capture some more stuff, but want to make sure my ears are in a good spot.

That’s great news as I’m running out of your IR packs to buy. 😁 I hope you feel better soon!

Cool. But know that secretly we all want them in your custom 1x, 2x, and 4x12 cabs ;)
Man, it makes me happy that you want stuff in York cabs. That’s still so stinkin’ cool to me. The pack I’m currently working on is the taller “Golden” York Audio 2x12, so it’ll be interesting to see if that one mirrors the success of the DV77 pack.

These cabs will see A LOT of speakers though.

I have actually been digging the
421/160 combo lately i think they call it the BobRock mix as that a combo he uses and was on the Black album its a nice alternative
to the 57/121 classic

Just bought the Mesa IR pack. So very good and natural in a way to just forget the 'cab block' as a difficulty.

I've been a fan since you uploaded your first free IRs. You should make more music too.

I have actually been digging the
421/160 combo lately i think they call it the BobRock mix as that a combo he uses and was on the Black album its a nice alternative
to the 57/121 classic
I’ll have to try that for a Mix combo in the next pack. Thanks for the tip!

I'm rooting for the Mesa Fillmore's, I have a feeling they will sound great with a lot of genre's and probably great in that custom 2X12.
Oh man, I forgot about those speakers. I’ll have to try them out in one of these cabs. :)

Could we finally see a 4x12 that dethrones the Mesa OS 4x12 as the best sounding cab ever built?
Quite possibly. I ordered a custom OS 4x12 from a company that’s about to be shipped, so hopefully it’ll sound great with some new Mesa spec V30s I just got (they sound ridiculous in the bigger York 2x12).

Some good 70 watts V30's in your YA 2x12 would be amazing ;-)
I agree. I have a few ideas for that one. ;)

I'm a big fan of the EVM-12L, though not sure exactly what I'd like to hear them in. They could do well in a large 212 as well. A common combination in the past was the Mesa halfback 212/412, where the top speakers were open back Celestion C-90s and the bottom speakers were EVM-12Ls in a sealed back. (the halfbacks were like two 212s top top of each other, open on top and sealed on the bottom).

I'm rooting for the Mesa Fillmore's, I have a feeling they will sound great with a lot of genre's and probably great in that custom 2X12.
There are a few fillmore's. but the Fillmore 75 which was described as a V30 they took some of the fizz out of has been on my list of speakers I want to try out for a while now.

I'm a big fan of the EVM-12L, though not sure exactly what I'd like to hear them in. They could do well in a large 212 as well. A common combination in the past was the Mesa halfback 212/412, where the top speakers were open back Celestion C-90s and the bottom speakers were EVM-12Ls in a sealed back. (the halfbacks were like two 212s top top of each other, open on top and sealed on the bottom).

There are a few fillmore's. but the Fillmore 75 which was described as a V30 they took some of the fizz out of has been on my list of speakers I want to try out for a while now.
I liked the EVM-12L. I put one in an original Blackface Deluxe Reverb I'd had hotrodded by cascading normal into vibrato channels, then later into a Mesa-Boogie Mk IIb. One thing the speaker did was make them heavier than h-e-double-toothpicks. :) Neither amp came close to pushing the speaker to its limits, even when the Boogie was on its 100 watt setting but that was mostly because it was so loud I could barely turn it up. It seems to me Larry Carlton and Santana used them which was why I got it.

I thought I'd seen some in the factory cabs and checked, and there are some EVM-12L cabinets, a bunch of 4x12 Rumble IRs, and in the Legacy block there's a 1x12 E12L and two more 4x12.

4 EVM-12Ls in a Marshall cab also sounds like a very Zakk Wylde setup to me, that's his cab of choice is it not? The kind that makes life as hard as possible for his roadies 😂

4 EVM-12Ls in a Marshall cab also sounds like a very Zakk Wylde setup to me, that's his cab of choice is it not? The kind that makes life as hard as possible for his roadies 😂
You’re not kidding. Even mic’ing this thing from my control room to my iso room is a back breaker. I couldn’t imaging trying to stack one on top of the other. Ouch!

Back
Top Bottom