IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Discovered another good impedance curve for the DV77. Works to give the low end a little more crispness when desired:

1x12 JR Blues

The resonance is a little smaller, and about 10Hz lower than the speaker involved, but it has a nice full/crisp thing going on the low strings that I think would translate well for country or roots rock.

Justin,
Do you have any plans on capturing any /13 cabs at any point? Obviously, you can't do all the little niche cabs in the world. So if you don't have plans for that, could you recommend a great pairing? The FT-37 low is my go-to clean/edge of breakup model. I've been on the search for a great IR specifically for it.

Justin,
Do you have any plans on capturing any /13 cabs at any point? Obviously, you can't do all the little niche cabs in the world. So if you don't have plans for that, could you recommend a great pairing? The FT-37 low is my go-to clean/edge of breakup model. I've been on the search for a great IR specifically for it.
I don’t currently have a Divided by 13 cab, but I can see if my brother still has his. I have plans to shoot my other AC30 loaded with 90’s Greenbacks that would be a great fit for that amp. If I had to suggest a cab on my site that would be comparable, I’d say the MTCH 212 ESD V2 would be the closest. That cab has diffusion bars built in (a big reason why those cabs sound the way they do), so the midrange and top end will be different than a cab that doesn’t have them. If decide to pick up the pack, I would lean more on the M25 speaker, since that’s what comes in the Divided cabs.

I hope this helps!

have you ever considered shooting some IRs of JBL D120 s for that EVH vibe? maybe in a mixed pack together with Greenback 25s to mix and match?

really looking forward to the Lynchbacks ;)

The DV77 pack is making me lazy. It’s sounding great with everything that I pair it with so it’s become my default cab/speaker IR.
I have to second this... I have pretty much switched over exclusively to York Audio IRs. Not that there aren’t other great makers out there but the YA stuff just gels with the sound I have in my head but this DV77 pack is unreal...

It goes good with literally everything... if I can’t quite get something dialed in the way I want I throw one of the DV77 mixes in and boom, it’s there.

For rhythm it’s tight and punchy with just the right balance of mids and highs without being harsh. And it’s so smooth and cutting for lead stuff which I did not expect at all. If I ever go back to traditional amps I am getting a cabinet with these speakers. Can’t explain it, just magic.

Justin if you make any more packs with this speaker I will purchase the it in an instant!!!

keep up the inspiring stuff!

have you ever considered shooting some IRs of JBL D120 s for that EVH vibe? maybe in a mixed pack together with Greenback 25s to mix and match?

really looking forward to the Lynchbacks ;)
If someone will let me borrow a D120, I’d shoot it. They’re ridiculously expensive at the moment and are the definition of fizzy, which probably wouldn’t work for many applications outside of the early VH vibe. I’m not opposed to it, but it would be a very expensive “character” speaker.

I have to second this... I have pretty much switched over exclusively to York Audio IRs. Not that there aren’t other great makers out there but the YA stuff just gels with the sound I have in my head but this DV77 pack is unreal...

It goes good with literally everything... if I can’t quite get something dialed in the way I want I throw one of the DV77 mixes in and boom, it’s there.

For rhythm it’s tight and punchy with just the right balance of mids and highs without being harsh. And it’s so smooth and cutting for lead stuff which I did not expect at all. If I ever go back to traditional amps I am getting a cabinet with these speakers. Can’t explain it, just magic.

Justin if you make any more packs with this speaker I will purchase the it in an instant!!!

keep up the inspiring stuff!
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing, man. I’m definitely going to make more packs with those speakers. I have two more DV77’s on the way as well as waiting on a special 4x12 I want to try them in.

If someone will let me borrow a D120, I’d shoot it. They’re ridiculously expensive at the moment and are the definition of fizzy, which probably wouldn’t work for many applications outside of the early VH vibe. I’m not opposed to it, but it would be a very expensive “character” speaker.
you're absolutely right. definitely only useable as a "sizzle blend", but for that, it's that sound. otherwise, if used on their own, only clean really works...

I bought the DV77 pack. The speakers seem to have a bit of a cheese grater sound to them, something in the upper mids. Curious to know what mix or what other cabs you guys are pairing it with ?

I bought the DV77 pack. The speakers seem to have a bit of a cheese grater sound to them, something in the upper mids. Curious to know what mix or what other cabs you guys are pairing it with ?
Thanks for picking up the pack! I attached the DV77 frequency plot from Eminence’s website so you can “see” what you’re hearing. My guess is that your guitar might be accentuating some upper mid/lower treble content so you’re hearing the speaker’s 4k spike more. Try going into the Amp’s GEQ page and duck the 4K slider down a dB and see if that smoothes it out for you a little.

I love that speaker with the SLO Lead model and the 2x12 Recto impedance curve.

Attachments

• 329D2EA6-F646-4B05-B021-2006BEDE62D9.jpeg
    329D2EA6-F646-4B05-B021-2006BEDE62D9.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 13
This is interesting, because that spike at 4k is not visible in your captures. Here same random captures (different mics) in Cab-Lab:
1622882302767.png

Of course that doesn't have to mean anything, because the cab, microphones, etc, play a role too :)

This is interesting, because that spike at 4k is not visible in your captures. Here same random captures (different mics) in Cab-Lab:
View attachment 84407

Of course that doesn't have to mean anything, because the cab, microphones, etc, play a role too :)
That spike would be probably be more prominent with different mic placements. There isn’t any EQ on those captures, so it’s just the natural combination of the speaker, cab, mic, and position. It sounds full and balanced to my ears.

I guess when I hear “cheese grater,” I think of that 4-6k range, but that can come from the guitar, amp, or pedals in front of the amp. There’s an easy fix though... putting a PEQ after the cab, soloing a band, and sweeping it will help to locate whatever frequencies you like or dislike in your tone. Find the frequency and gradually narrow the Q so you’re only affecting the frequency in question and slowly adjust the level so it sounds natural while addressing any frequencies that bother you.

How does the Checkmate M25 cab pack from the fractal site compare to the newer M25 cab pack? I have the newer pack and was thinking about getting the Checkmate pack also.

Hmm its been quiet in here
any updates to whats in the que
will there be another release this month ?
also question for you Justin
what is the slope defaults you use on the low cut Hi cut in the cab block on your presets w Cygnus?

Hmm its been quiet in here
any updates to whats in the que
will there be another release this month ?
also question for you Justin
what is the slope defaults you use on the low cut Hi cut in the cab block on your presets w Cygnus?
It’s been busy over here experimenting with cabs, speakers, and gear, so that’s why I haven’t released anything in a bit. The country finally opened up and I got hit with a cold pretty much immediately, so I’m taking test shots now and will make final decisions once the gunk in my head clears out (you’re welcome for that information).

As far as slopes go, I set mine to 24db/oct on both low and high cuts to keep as much information, but normally keep them at 20-20k and make any necessary cuts in my DAW when it’s time to mix. If a low cut needs to be made, I normally put it around 60-80Hz and on the rare occasion of needing a high cut, I rarely go below 15k (but 12k is the LOWEST) I would go to make sure the air and width of the tone doesn’t go away.

It’s been busy over here experimenting with cabs, speakers, and gear, so that’s why I haven’t released anything in a bit. The country finally opened up and I got hit with a cold pretty much immediately, so I’m taking test shots now and will make final decisions once the gunk in my head clears out (you’re welcome for that information).

As far as slopes go, I set mine to 24db/oct on both low and high cuts to keep as much information, but normally keep them at 20-20k and make any necessary cuts in my DAW when it’s time to mix. If a low cut needs to be made, I normally put it around 60-80Hz and on the rare occasion of needing a high cut, I rarely go below 15k (but 12k is the LOWEST) I would go to make sure the air and width of the tone doesn’t go away.
EVM-12L .... just a suggestion ;)

Thanks for the info ,, i hope you feel better soon summer colds totally
suck

EVM-12L .... just a suggestion ;)
It’s in the queue, but the next pack will be something that’s had more requests. Don’t worry though, it’s coming.

Thanks for the info ,, i hope you feel better soon summer colds totally
suck
Thanks man. It feels like it’s on its way out. I’m just ready to capture some more stuff, but want to make sure my ears are in a good spot.

Back
Top Bottom