IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Have you ever offered a sampler plate of IRs, Justin?

As a newbie I would totally be down for an high gain
(Mesa, Marshall,. Bogner) and a low-to-medium gain
(Vox, Matchless, Bassman) style sampler pack of IRs. :)
Understand though, that a whole shoot's worth of work, gear, time, and expertise was involved, so selling one or two IRs from it for short money isn't a great proposition for the maker.

NOTE: That's just me blabbing. I don't speak for Justin, or any other IR maker.

Hi Justin! I've been playing the VH20 in a church setting these past couple weeks. I adore the N22 captures in that pack; AEA make incredible microphones and it's lovely to see them represented in your lineup! The tones I get with my MIM Strat through the AX8 Tucana Clean model are brilliant and I'm stoked to hear these on Cygnus once I'm able to swing an AF3.

I loaded the DV77 N22 and U47 captures at rehearsal tonight and those really are something special, too. Thanks so much for sharing your magic with us! 💜💜 -Claire

Last edited:
Have you ever offered a sampler plate of IRs, Justin?

As a newbie I would totally be down for an high gain
(Mesa, Marshall,. Bogner) and a low-to-medium gain
(Vox, Matchless, Bassman) style sampler pack of IRs. :)
It's not out of the question, but I'd have to charge a lot more for a pack with multiple cabs. Even if someone were to buy the Mesa, Marshall, Bogner, Vox, Matchless, and Bassman packs, it would still be cheaper than buying a single Chinese V30 or a pedal in the real world. Plus, they get all of the benefits of having accurately captured cabinets with lots of high end mics through top of the line outboard gear at their fingertips for a fraction of the cost it takes to make these packs. Several "business" people have told me I need to charge more for my work, but I'd rather keep my prices low and take care of the player rather than my bottom line.

Hi Justin! I've been playing the VH20 in a church setting these past couple weeks. I adore the N22 captures in that pack; AEA make incredible microphones and it's lovely to see them represented in your lineup! The tones I get with my MIM Strat through the AX8 Tucana Clean model are brilliant and I'm stoked to hear these on Cygnus once I'm able to swing an AF3.

I loaded the DV77 N22 and U47 captures at rehearsal tonight and those really are something special, too. Thanks so much for sharing your magic with us! 💜💜 -Claire
Thank you, Claire. I couldn't agree more about the N22. I put that one right up there with the M160 as my favorite ribbon mic that sounds great on its own. I did a ribbon mic shootout and that one was the clear winner. Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience. It means a lot to me.

Understand though, that a whole shoot's worth of work, gear, time, and expertise was involved, so selling one or two IRs from it for short money isn't a great proposition for the maker.

NOTE: That's just me blabbing. I don't speak for Justin, or any other IR maker.

If I have learned anything in life it is that no one listens to me, especially in my own home.

Doesn't prevent me from tossing out useless ideas, though. It's what I do best. ;)

I was thinking even an higher price point with less actual IRs (as I don't need 150 different IRs of
a Mesa Trad 4 x 12 for instance). Say $29.99-$39.99 and then offering the purchaser a a few select IRs
from 3 or 4 of the the existing lineup of IR bundles. Or even a choose your own six-pack....
like the beer store up the road does. :)

Last edited:
I'm hoping to get a chance to listen to these dv77's loud soon. I was playing late last night and really enjoyed what it did with a mid gain hook setup. Made what was usually a thin sounding guitar a bit thicker which I really enjoyed - lost an hour on mix 1 very easily.

I need more time to experiment, but so far so good, thanks Justin

If I have learned anything in life it is that no one listens to me, especially in my own home.

Doesn't prevent me from tossing out useless ideas, though. It's what I do best. ;)

I was thinking even an higher price point with less actual IRs (as I don't need 150 different IRs of
a Mesa Trad 4 x 12 for instance). Say $29.99-$39.99 and then offering the purchaser a a few select IRs
from 3 or 4 of the the existing lineup of IR bundles. Or even a choose your own six-pack....
like the beer store up the road does. :)
I’m listening to you. :) I would just have to figure out a way to do it without cannibalizing my other products. The tricky part is that everyone has a difference preference when it comes to mics and mic placements. When I send a pack out to my beta team, they all come back with different favorites, so scaling that down would be the challenge since I never want to skimp on quality.

I'm hoping to get a chance to listen to these dv77's loud soon. I was playing late last night and really enjoyed what it did with a mid gain hook setup. Made what was usually a thin sounding guitar a bit thicker which I really enjoyed - lost an hour on mix 1 very easily.

I need more time to experiment, but so far so good, thanks Justin
Thanks for the great feedback. The DV77 pack sounds really good when you turn it up loud. It doesn’t hurt like other cabinets can. I’m really happy that you’re enjoying it so far.

I've had a lot of people asking for pictures of the York Audio cabs, so here's a little something for all of you. The top ones are the "Standard" size, and the bottom ones are slightly taller "Golden Ratio" cabs. One thing that sets these apart is the isolated grill panel that doesn't touch the inner edges of the cab, which you can see in the third photo.

I've had a lot of people asking for pictures of the York Audio cabs, so here's a little something for all of you. The top ones are the "Standard" size, and the bottom ones are slightly taller "Golden Ratio" cabs. One thing that sets these apart is the isolated grill panel that doesn't touch the inner edges of the cab, which you can see in the third photo.

Is the Dv77 the small or large cab?

Nice looking cabs!

Justin, I grabbed the new pack yesterday. It’s quickly becoming one of my favorites from you. I made a quick preset last night for church with mix 01 using the Maz38 and Smallbox. I used the recto 2x12 curve like you recommended. Really good stuff and can’t wait to dive into the other mixes. So out of curiously did you build the cab or did someone make it to your specs?

Several "business" people have told me I need to charge more for my work, but I'd rather keep my prices low and take care of the player rather than my bottom line.
I think that your affordable prices have resulted in me buying more product from you. I've experimented and tried a few cabs that were different from my usual interests just because they were reasonably priced.

What's the reason for this? Does it reduce problematic resonance?
It serves a few purposes, and yes, it reduces reflections that cause upper-mid harshness as well as keeping it from affecting the cabinet’s natural resonance.

Do Golden Ratio cabs sound better in any general kind of way all else equal?
These Golden Ratio cabs were built with a new tweak that wasn’t in the original golden prototype. I’m breaking in the cabs as we speak and I’m gonna do some tests to compare the standard size and the golden size with the same speakers to see how the change in dimensions impacts the tone. The prototype version sounded a little more scooped, so I’m curious to see how the tweak affects it.

Justin, I grabbed the new pack yesterday. It’s quickly becoming one of my favorites from you. I made a quick preset last night for church with mix 01 using the Maz38 and Smallbox. I used the recto 2x12 curve like you recommended. Really good stuff and can’t wait to dive into the other mixes. So out of curiously did you build the cab or did someone make it to your specs?
I’m so glad you’re liking it! I completely agree and think it’s one of the best sounding packs I’ve done. I’m excited to put some more speakers in these bad boys.

And no, I didn’t personally build these. I have a cabinet maker in town who hand-builds cabinets and I loved his work so much that we decided to partner and create something special and unique.

I think that your affordable prices have resulted in me buying more product from you. I've experimented and tried a few cabs that were different from my usual interests just because they were reasonably priced.
Thanks for your support and appreciating my low prices. The value you get for 15 bucks is pretty absurd, but it makes it easy to try lots of things without being a big financial gamble.

there's been a lot of hype around these speakers since they came out. I've been waiting to try out an IR of these since then but couldn't find something reasonably priced or that wasn't shot on a 1x12 cab (seriously eminence?)

Flash forward to today, I was pointed to York Audio, just from remembering the bipolar pack I pulled the trigger straight away. Just done a bit of playing but really liking what I hear so far. Really open sounding, natural, and a tight low end, and very reasonably priced. Hard to fault

there's been a lot of hype around these speakers since they came out. I've been waiting to try out an IR of these since then but couldn't find something reasonably priced or that wasn't shot on a 1x12 cab (seriously eminence?)

Flash forward to today, I was pointed to York Audio, just from remembering the bipolar pack I pulled the trigger straight away. Just done a bit of playing but really liking what I hear so far. Really open sounding, natural, and a tight low end, and very reasonably priced. Hard to fault
Thanks for the kind words, and I’m glad you’re enjoying the DV77 pack. I’m still waiting on two more and then I’m gonna try them in a 4x12. It’s such a great speaker and makes me want to explore some more Eminence options.

Thanks for the kind words, and I’m glad you’re enjoying the DV77 pack. I’m still waiting on two more and then I’m gonna try them in a 4x12. It’s such a great speaker and makes me want to explore some more Eminence options.
The DV77 pack is making me lazy. It’s sounding great with everything that I pair it with so it’s become my default cab/speaker IR.

Back
Top Bottom