IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Lately I’ve just been enjoying playing guitar. As for what’s next, I’ve been toying with the idea of either reshooting the Matchless or Mesa OS, or shooting Steve Stevens’ old Marshall 1960BV cab loaded with ‘87 Marshall Vintage speakers pulled from a Silver Jubilee cab. There are other combo amps I want to get my hands on, but for the time being, I can work on something already in my inventory that I’ve been getting lots of requests for.
Hi Justin,
I vote for The Steve Steven s Marshall so far !!!!!! :) ;)
Godd idea to take time and enjoy playing guitar ....
Take care

Lately I’ve just been enjoying playing guitar. As for what’s next, I’ve been toying with the idea of either reshooting the Matchless or Mesa OS, or shooting Steve Stevens’ old Marshall 1960BV cab loaded with ‘87 Marshall Vintage speakers pulled from a Silver Jubilee cab. There are other combo amps I want to get my hands on, but for the time being, I can work on something already in my inventory that I’ve been getting lots of requests for.

Not sure how you could improve on your existing Matchless 212 IR, but I'm up for it... Would love to hear other types of speakers/cabs, 1970 vintage EV-12Ls in a 2x12 cab would be nice!

Another recommendation: more Eminence, particularly the GASC-59 & GASC-64. While the new Eminence/MBritt IRs sound good, they are far too limited in quantity to be worth buying more than the sampler I already have. Eminence IRs I'd like to see (done properly):
-GASC-59
-GASC-64
-Cannabis Rex
-Swamp Thang
-Governor
-Texas Heat
-CV-65
-Legend 1258
-Legend EM12
-Red Fang

Im very wary of eminence because for many years every time I hear soundclips or try IRs of their non-classic-old speakers and
they all sound....well...lets just say....not good.
But maybe its fault of the person capturing the cab xD

same thing has happened with warehouse speakers...still waiting to hear a decent tone out of someone recording them...

Not sure how you could improve on your existing Matchless 212 IR, but I'm up for it... Would love to hear other types of speakers/cabs, 1970 vintage EV-12Ls in a 2x12 cab would be nice!
For the Matchless, I’ll be adding more microphones as well as ambient shots like Room, Rear, and Side. My methodology has changed quite a bit since I shot that cab over a year ago, and while it continues to be a favorite for many players, I know I can squeeze more killer tones out of it. It’s a dual speaker cab, so that one is gonna take some time, but I think it’ll be worth it.

THIS! There is a dearth of EV-L/EV-S IRs on the market. There are some G12-65's, but not nearly enough. What would be really cool would be to see these in 1x12 & 2x12 D-Style cabs with the oval open back, plus a 4x12 cab of your choosing.
A friend of mine has a Two-Rock oval open back 2x12 cab that I’m gonna check out. That might be a cool one to use the stock speaker and a 12L. Still figuring out a time to meet up though.

As far as Eminence speakers go, I just need to hear more of them to “get it.” My Soldano 4x12 came loaded with some Legends. They’re unique speakers for sure that lend themselves more to the hair metal crowd, so I’m gonna play with some other options as well to see if something sticks. The Legends may be a good fit for a Lite pack.

Im very wary of eminence because for many years every time I hear soundclips or try IRs of their non-classic-old speakers and
they all sound....well...lets just say....not good.
But maybe its fault of the person capturing the cab xD

same thing has happened with warehouse speakers...still waiting to hear a decent tone out of someone recording them...
I’ve got a bunch of Warehouse speakers I need to revisit. I talked with a friend of mine who works there and we compared their IRs to my IRs of the same speaker and it was night and day. They’ve asked me to shoot some IRs for them, but we’re still working out the details. I think our ears have become accustomed to the Celestion sound since you find those in most cabs, but I do think that WGS makes some cool stuff.

Oh boy! I can't wait for the new Matchless updates. Will these be released in a new package? What, if any, will it cost for those of us that already purchased?
Since it’s a completely new shoot with more mics and more captures and will take a lot of time to create, it’ll be a separate product for $14.99. Since some of the older cabs have a devoted fan base and continue to sell well, I’ll still offer the older versions at a reduced price for those who still want the older versions.

I’m still working it all out though.

Oh boy! I can't wait for the new Matchless updates. Will these be released in a new package? What, if any, will it cost for those of us that already purchased?

I’m more than happy to re-purchase if it’s gonna be a complete recapture using the new method! I absolutely love that cab!

"Cab Packs will feature free updates, which will include additional mics, multi-mic mixes created by professional artists, engineers, and producers, as well as other bonus material to make your experience exciting beyond your initial purchase."

because AFAIK none of this has happened to any pack...yet.

While having them updated for free would have been a very nice touch
I 100% understand the massive hard work he has to re-do (and...you know...2020 circumstances...)
but a discount or symbolic small price for owners of the "original" v1 cabs was kinda expected
(I don't know...50-75% OFF the first 1-2 weeks not forever or maybe free update for those who bought them in the first month of release)
mostly given because all YA ir packs are exactly a year old (Nov 2019) or less at this point in time.

Not bashing or anything.
YA is still by far my favorite IR developer out there and his forum interactions make him seem like a really cool dude.
Whatever he decides to do wont affect at all my use or future purchase of his awesome products
but just stating my honest opinion given what was "promised" in his website at the time of purchase.

Last edited:
"Cab Packs will feature free updates, which will include additional mics, multi-mic mixes created by professional artists, engineers, and producers, as well as other bonus material to make your experience exciting beyond your initial purchase."

because AFAIK none of this has happened to any pack...yet.

While having them updated for free would have been a very nice touch
I 100% understand the massive hard work he has to re-do (and...you know...2020 circumstances...)
but a discount or symbolic small price for owners of the "original" v1 cabs was kinda expected
(I don't know...50-75% OFF the first 1-2 weeks not forever or maybe free update for those who bought them in the first month of release)
mostly given because all YA ir packs are exactly a year old (Nov 2019) or less at this point in time.

Not bashing or anything.
YA is still by far my favorite IR developer out there and his forum interactions make him seem like a really cool dude.
Whatever he decides to do wont affect at all my use or future purchase of his awesome products
but just stating my honest opinion given what was "promised" in his website at the time of purchase.
I really wish I could do that, as that was one of my initial dreams for these packs... But since I’m just a guitar player and not a web guy, I had to pay someone to design my website and set up my store with the assumption that I’d be able to do updates and have the flexibility to be creative with how I could run my shop. Unfortunately, my site host won’t allow me to do any of that, which is why I’ve had to change that part on my site about free updates. I can’t begin to express my frustration about it and I’ve reached out to them a dozen times and they always say they’re working on my requests, yet for some reason they’re having trouble implementing any of them. I probably need to look into migrating to another host.

With they way things are set up, I would have to manually make individual promo codes for every single person who has bought Cab “X,”every time I wanted to do an update, and that’s something I can’t realistically do as a one-person company along with the daily customer service and product development I do. I already work six days a week and still feel like I don’t have enough time for everything on my plate.

I know that’s disappointing, but hopefully my customers know how much I put into each one of these packs and how I keep trying to evolve my process in order to serve them better. I’ll keep doing my best and keep trying to take care of you guys. And at the end of the day, I hope we all have fun playing our guitars. :)

I really wish I could do that, as that was one of my initial dreams for these packs... But since I’m just a guitar player and not a web guy, I had to pay someone to design my website and set up my store with the assumption that I’d be able to do updates and have the flexibility to be creative with how I could run my shop. Unfortunately, my site host won’t allow me to do any of that, which is why I’ve had to change that part on my site about free updates. I can’t begin to express my frustration about it and I’ve reached out to them a dozen times and they always say they’re working on my requests, yet for some reason they’re having trouble implementing any of them. I probably need to look into migrating to another host.

With they way things are set up, I would have to manually make individual promo codes for every single person who has bought Cab “X,”every time I wanted to do an update, and that’s something I can’t realistically do as a one-person company along with the daily customer service and product development I do. I already work six days a week and still feel like I don’t have enough time for everything on my plate.

I know that’s disappointing, but hopefully my customers know how much I put into each one of these packs and how I keep trying to evolve my process in order to serve them better. I’ll keep doing my best and keep trying to take care of you guys. And at the end of the day, I hope we all have fun playing our guitars. :)

No problem at all. I understand.
I´ll be happy enough with new MESA OS awesome mixes and the fredman technique xD

Hi Justin,

Coasting thru the rest of the year to surprise us in 2021 with new cab pack releases with those speakers you've been working with? You nailed 2020 in my opinion with those M25, T75 and FDMN packs. All wonderful additions to my collection.

Looking forward to a better 2021 as 2020 has been a nightmare given the pandemic and all. What a better way to kickoff the year than with some new YA speaker sounds!

Any nibble on whatcha been working on lately, how's it going, what's looking good, not so good etc?

Gary

Here it is! Introducing the York Audio MES 412 OS-V2 Cab Pack! Based on a 2008 Mesa "Oversized" 4x12 loaded with the original Mesa spec Celestion Vintage 30 speakers. With all of the accrued knowledge, updated methodology, and customer feedback over the past year, it was time to revisit the legendary Mesa OS cab.

I couldn't be happier with it and finally unlocked that "Mesa tone" we hear in our heads when we think about this cab. It sounds absolutely massive! With deep punchy lows, angry midrange, and a detailed top end that cuts without harshness, this thing has to be played to be believed. One of my beta testers was ecstatic that someone "finally got the Mesa OS low end right." I'm so happy with this one and really can't wait to hear what you guys think about it!

Here's a clip using the PVH Block model and Mix 01 from the pack. I chose this progression to let the tone breathe and showcase the clarity in complex chords as well as the meaty chunk with palm mutes. I hope you like it!

Back
Top Bottom