IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
That Cab sounds really interessting, Justin. I thought I would be done with cabs after buying the Friedman Cabpack which also includes absolute greate Greenbacks IR´s - to me the best ever I´ve used.
I really like the idea of lite packs - I don´t need so many mic options - I prefer less but well balanced sweet spots for a typical sound. Purchased! And I´m also looking forward to the Marshall V30 Pack!

I'm excited about mixing things up a little bit. Just released is the York Audio HWAT 412 FN50 Lite Cab Pack based on a vintage Hiwatt SE4122 4x12 cabinet loaded with the original Fane "Purple Label" 50 watt speakers from 1977. This is the first pack in my new "Lite" series, which gives you the same quality you've come to expect from York Audio, but at a lower price point. I chose my top 7 most popular microphones for this shoot and wanted to test the waters to see what you all think about certain Cab Packs in this format.

This Cab Pack is just $9.99 and includes 78 single mic captures and 16 multi-mic Mixes for a total of 94 IRs.

Here's a clip starting with a Gilmour-ish tone using the Mix NUMB IR followed by a gritty rhythm tone using a JCM 800 model through Mix 03. I hope you like it!

Please visit www.yorkaudio.co for more information!

Just purchased this morning! Thanks so much for this Justin! Been waiting a long time for this one.

Very smooth tone! I like the midrange character a lot. Thanks for sharing!

The midtone comes from the first AMP that uses the Tube-Pre model with the Fender Tonestack to simulate the Alembic F2B. I did DIY the Alembic, following to the original schematic, I connected it at the external loop, and I made A/B tweakings until I got similar results.

Hey @York Audio , so it seems downloads expire now on your website? Is there any way to get those reinstated? If not, could you send me the manual for the VX212 pack?
I have attached the manual for the VX30 below for you, but let me know if you have any other questions. And you are correct, download links are valid for 30 days after purchase. If additional support is needed, just contact me through my site and I'll take care of you.

Have a great day!

Attachments

• York Audio VX30 212 BLUE Manual.pdf
    35.2 KB · Views: 32
I know there are others out there who, like me, solely use the Mix files from @York Audio . As a reference for myself, I prepared the attached document. It simply contains the recipes for all the Mixes across all of York's cab packs (from his website, not those sold through the Fractal website). I hope this is useful to someone.

Here's a link to the Google Sheets file if you'd like to take this and make it your own - Linky

Attachments

• York Audio Mixes.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 62
How I wish all mixes were already named with the recipe included (ex: YA MES 412 V30 Mix 01 - 57 + 121) instead of just "YA MES 412 V30 Mix 01"
It would save me a lot of time renaming everything each time xD

How I wish all mixes were already named with the recipe included (ex: YA MES 412 V30 Mix 01 - 57 + 121) instead of just "YA MES 412 V30 Mix 01"
I think there’s definitely two schools of thought there. On one hand, it’s nice to allow the mix to speak to you without preconceived notions about the recipe. On the other hand, sometimes I go on a kick and I want to play every mix that’s x + y. That’s why I made this.

@Brian Angiel nailed it. The Mixes are given numbers for two reasons. 1) It lets you choose what sounds best to you by listening rather than having a preconceived notion based on what mics were used. I’ve had a lot of users tell me that they landed on a mix with mics they never thought to use before and probably wouldn’t have tried had they known what was used to make it. And 2) I make these IRs to use with various modelers, so having a shorter file name allows it to be fully displayed on whatever unit is being used.

I also have a lot of users who don’t know the differences between mics, and the simplified file name keeps things from getting too “techy” for those players.

I’m just happy to see people still gravitating towards the mixes, as those take me longer to create than the single shots themselves.

I totally understand your point of view and the reasons behind it are totally valid but my faulty brain works like this:
If I see that the mixes I tend to chose when im shooting out files happen to revolve around the same 2 or 3 mics
I would feel much more inclined to try the single mic files of those mics or even try to make my own blends
And I just like having as much info as possible at a first glance

This is stupidly anal and nitpicky considering the couple of minutes I spent renaming 10 or 15 mix files in an IR pack xD

I have found using the mixes forces me to use my ears, instead of overthinking what mics to pick/blend. I trust your ears/equipment with providing a great range of mixes

@Brian Angiel nailed it. The Mixes are given numbers for two reasons. 1) It lets you choose what sounds best to you by listening rather than having a preconceived notion based on what mics were used. I’ve had a lot of users tell me that they landed on a mix with mics they never thought to use before and probably wouldn’t have tried had they known what was used to make it. And 2) I make these IRs to use with various modelers, so having a shorter file name allows it to be fully displayed on whatever unit is being used.

I also have a lot of users who don’t know the differences between mics, and the simplified file name keeps things from getting too “techy” for those players.

I’m just happy to see people still gravitating towards the mixes, as those take me longer to create than the single shots themselves.
I used the Leon trick (arrow keys to increment/decrement the IR number and marking the ones that sounded good) when going through the factory cabs, and overwhelmingly ended up with ribbon mics, mostly 160s and 121s. I ended up adding them with the ubiquitous 57 to fill in the 57's missing lows a bit. It saves me a lot of time to be able to pull in the single-mic IRs based on the mic and mix to taste....

Justin hope you are doing well and safe mate
What do you have in mind now?
I wonder if it could be a good idea a Silver Jubilee or AFD I’m no the slash or frustrante style?
Or now that they have launched a new album keep tweaking your old or maybe new mq shall IR and create an Angus Mix?

Justin hope you are doing well and safe mate
What do you have in mind now?
I wonder if it could be a good idea a Silver Jubilee or AFD I’m no the slash or frustrante style?
Or now that they have launched a new album keep tweaking your old or maybe new mq shall IR and create an Angus Mix?
Lately I’ve just been enjoying playing guitar. As for what’s next, I’ve been toying with the idea of either reshooting the Matchless or Mesa OS, or shooting Steve Stevens’ old Marshall 1960BV cab loaded with ‘87 Marshall Vintage speakers pulled from a Silver Jubilee cab. There are other combo amps I want to get my hands on, but for the time being, I can work on something already in my inventory that I’ve been getting lots of requests for.

Lately I’ve just been enjoying playing guitar. As for what’s next, I’ve been toying with the idea of either reshooting the Matchless or Mesa OS, or shooting Steve Stevens’ old Marshall 1960BV cab loaded with ‘87 Marshall Vintage speakers pulled from a Silver Jubilee cab. There are other combo amps I want to get my hands on, but for the time being, I can work on something already in my inventory that I’ve been getting lots of requests for.

Matchless +1
I’ve been using it with Neural DSP NTS for straight rock and roll tones and it’s surprising how good it is. But the other 2 cabs are definitely welcome also.

Back
Top Bottom