IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Here's another one for the Class-A fans. I give you.... The York Audio VX15 112 Blue Cab Pack! Based on a Vox Handwired AC15 with an English Alnico Blue, and might I say, it sounds pretty great. Here's a quick clip I made with it using the Class-A 30w Top Boost model and Mix 03. I hope you enjoy it!

Not to to fanboy on another level, but I keep coming back to this page, just to listen to that clip. Really dig it, the tone, sure, but also the musicality of it. Natural but not too obvious, if you know what I mean. Just good music. Well, music I like anyway.

I'll admit I keep waiting for that last chord to fade and the semi-tough rock band to come in. Oh well, maybe on your next solo album :)

EDIT: And it's not just because I like the IRs, ok ;)

Yeah man, I've been with Hagstrom for about eight years. Great guitars for the money. They were kind enough to let me customize two guitars, so I did two semi-hollowbodies with different colors, pickups, electronics, and scale lengths. I still use the prototypes pretty often.

Sure thing. There are lots of differences between the two cabs that make their tones unique. When I have the same amp settings and switch between the two, I'd say the VX15 has more low end, less boxy midrange (but still has that character), and clearer top end. This cab turned out better than I had expected, and I expected that it would be great. I made a modification to the cabinet that opened it up immensely!

The VX15 has more low end than the Matchless pack? That's unexpected! Would be great to hear a comparison clip at some point, like you did for the Mesa Trad and Oversized. That made it really easy for to pick between the two, for what I was looking for (I went with the Trad).

@York Audio this is amazing news I am goign to purchase it now.
I have sent you a PM to ask directly for advice on how to use this patch to get a similar range than the previous combination i had for my Queen tone.

Anyway just out of curiosity, what's the biggest difference with your previously released VOX IR as these were AC30 weren't they? how do you see one vs the other when you compare them?

Thanks and we'll pick the Brian May discussion offline :)

Cheers

The VX15 has more low end than the Matchless pack? That's unexpected! Would be great to hear a comparison clip at some point, like you did for the Mesa Trad and Oversized. That made it really easy for to pick between the two, for what I was looking for (I went with the Trad).
Here's a quick clip comparing the VX15 and the MTCH. The same amp and settings were used for each one (except I changed the impedance curves to match each cab). I would probably dial both of them in a little differently to best serve the cab, but this is just for a sonic comparison and not a "hey, look how good my tone is" kinda thing. The VX15 has more body to the low end and a cleaner top end, while the MTCH has that boxy midrange those cabs are known for. I love them both for different reasons, but that VX15 is hitting the spot for me at the moment.

Here's another one for the Class-A fans. I give you.... The York Audio VX15 112 Blue Cab Pack! Based on a Vox Handwired AC15 with an English Alnico Blue, and might I say, it sounds pretty great. Here's a quick clip I made with it using the Class-A 30w Top Boost model and Mix 03. I hope you enjoy it!

Right, just purchased it, will you share your preset? hahaha

Here's a quick clip comparing the VX15 and the MTCH. The same amp and settings were used for each one (except I changed the impedance curves to match each cab). I would probably dial both of them in a little differently to best serve the cab, but this is just for a sonic comparison and not a "hey, look how good my tone is" kinda thing. The VX15 has more body to the low end and a cleaner top end, while the MTCH has that boxy midrange those cabs are known for. I love them both for different reasons, but that VX15 is hitting the spot for me at the moment.

Dang it, looks like I'm buying this one too. Love the Matchless, but I like the low end on this one.

Are you playing Within by Daft Punk?

York Audio , I had a couple of questions .
I just grabbed the Vox , Blackjack and Trad packs because the other sound so good and why break up a set :)

Anyway , question one have you done any mixes using 2 different cab packs and what combinations might you suggest
for instance Mesa Trad /oversize together would it work to blend the mix files together ore something like Mix 1 from the Trad , Mix 8 from the Blackjack lets say
OR would I be better using individual mic's like a 57 from one pack 121 from another

second question on the Vox clip on your site , its sounds amazing , can you post the settings or were they stock mostly , I have the FM3 coming in a few days and love that tone

Thanks again for the awesome sounds

Yep Justin would be lovely if you can share the VOX preset you created for the first demo.

I will soon will share a clip showing how the IR reacts on a Queen environment, I really love this last IR

York Audio , I had a couple of questions .
I just grabbed the Vox , Blackjack and Trad packs because the other sound so good and why break up a set :)

Anyway , question one have you done any mixes using 2 different cab packs and what combinations might you suggest
for instance Mesa Trad /oversize together would it work to blend the mix files together ore something like Mix 1 from the Trad , Mix 8 from the Blackjack lets say
OR would I be better using individual mic's like a 57 from one pack 121 from another

second question on the Vox clip on your site , its sounds amazing , can you post the settings or were they stock mostly , I have the FM3 coming in a few days and love that tone

Thanks again for the awesome sounds
Thanks for picking up the other packs! It means a lot to me! As far as cab mixing goes, there's no wrong way to do it. Personally, if I make a mix I like with one cab that sounds great but needs a little more character, I'll find an IR from another cab that may sound weird on its own, but fills in the gaps without taking away from my main mix. For instance, for a Mesa Trad + OS mix, I used the Trad 57-2 with the Trad 121-1 @ -6 and wanted some of the OS's midrange character to smooth out the bite a little, so I added the OS SM7-3. It's massive and still articulate. Depending on the amp I'm using, I'll keep the dynamic mics equal or lower one to change the character.

For an OS + Trad mix, try the OS 57-1 + 121-1 @-8, and then blend in the Trad 57-3 @-4 to bring a little more forwardness to the upper midrange.

I also liked blending Trad Mix 05 with the OS Mix 01.

And since you and @Rafa Diaz requested the preset for the VX15 clip, here it is. It's a stereo patch, and I used Scene 4 with the VX15 Mix 03 for the IR. It's an Axe-Fx III patch created on FW12.03. Enjoy!

Attachments

• YA VX15 CLIP.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 70
I've posted on TGP but not here about York Audio. I am a customer - I paid for them. All of them. I bought them all because the more I tried them, the more I liked them. I don't have any relationship personally or professionally with York Audio other than a few emails from me expressing my enthusiasm and opinion of his IRs.

One thing I really note is that there's no artifacts, no 'boxy' issues, they are just balanced SO well. Lately, I 've moved to almost all York cab IR's across everything I use and I am one picky SOB.

I have turned off all low-pass and high-pass on my cabs using these and man... they just sit perfectly in your ear and mixes - live and recorded. No trick necessary.

I've beta tested for cab IR producers extensively in the past; notably Red Wirez and Own Hammer. Both are excellent and Own Hammer continues making seriously good IR's. I'm just perfectly happy right now using York Audio.

Hey Justin, I notice the original post in this thread had a lot of "Go to this page to see this cab pack". I'm not sure if you care, but just in case you don't know, there's a handy way built into the forum so that you can hyperlink directly to a specific post. Not a big deal but it would make your posts easier to find.

Example:
Click Here- To learn more about the MES 412 Trad

To get the link: Click on the number in the upper right corner of any post (This post is #136) then copy the link in your URL bar. Then just use the hyperlink tool to add it to your post with the desired text.

Maybe you have too many forums and posts to update and it's not really a big deal. Just thought it might be useful. I'm off to figure out which cab pack to buy next. The Trad is killer.

Justin, dude. I just purchased the Vox pack today. Holly crap man, it is amazing! I already own your Bogner pack and that one quickly became my favorite irs. But these Vox irs are the best I’ve heard for clean tones. I have the Celestion alnico blues, creams ect. and these completely blow the Celestions out of the water. Keep doing what you’re doing brother, you clearly know tone. I can’t wait to get the Mesa OS pack. P.s. mixing the Bogner and the Vox makes for some super nice sounds.

With the current need for social distancing and self-isolation at this time, www.yorkaudio.co is currently having a storewide 30% Off Sale ($10.49-$13.99) using the promo code STAYINSIDE30. But act fast, the sale ends on Saturday, March 21.

Also, we're excited to release the new AMPG 410 HS Cab Pack based on an Ampeg Heritage Series SVT-410HLF loaded with custom Eminence speakers!

Here's a clip showcasing a few Mixes with a looper. With the same performance and amp settings, you can hear how changing the IR gives you different shades of low end, midrange character, and pick attack. With the same settings, you can have something big and balanced like the first play through (Mix 01) or something deep and scooped like the fourth play through (Mix 07, aka. my homage to Dug Pinnick). There are eleven Mixes in this pack, but for this short clip I used Mixes 01, 04, 05, 07, 08, 10, and 11. I used my J-Bass with the Porta-Bass model with the Micro Boost in front for a little extra grit.

Here is the information from the product page:

The York Audio AMPG 410 HS is based on an Ampeg™ Heritage Series SVT-410HLF 4x10 cabinet loaded with custom Eminence™ speakers. The tone has to be experienced to be believed. A thunderous low end with the right amount of subsonics, a dynamic midrange that can bark or be scooped with punchy attack, and a clear top end with great note articulation even when overdriven make this an exceptionally diverse cabinet that pairs well with a wide variety of basses and styles. This particular cabinet was recently used as a foundational element of Hayley Williams' Petals for Armor album recorded here in Nashville, TN, and several engineering methods used on the album were implemented in the making of this Cab Pack.

For years, bass players have felt forgotten in the modeling world. Their options are fairly limited, and high quality bass cabinet IRs are few and far between. With this in mind, York Audio made sure that this pack would be tonally diverse with classic microphones as well as microphones not found in any other Cab Pack in order to cater to bass players and give them the tone the've been craving. Along with 11 record-ready multi-mic Mixes, the pack includes 90 single mic shots that sound equally as good on their own.

Mics Included in this Cab Pack:

Shure Beta 52

Shure SM57

Shure SM7 (vintage)

Sennheiser MD421 (vintage)

Sennheiser e906

Beyerdynamic M88 TG

Beyerdynamic M160

sE Rupert Neve RNR1

Royer R-121

Shure KSM 313

Neumann FET 47 (vintage)

Port and Tweeter captures

---------

Thanks, and I hope you guys dig this one too!
-Justin

Back
Top Bottom