IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
With the current need for social distancing and self-isolation at this time, www.yorkaudio.co is currently having a storewide 30% Off Sale ($10.49-$13.99) using the promo code STAYINSIDE30. But act fast, the sale ends on Saturday, March 21.

Also, we're excited to release the new AMPG 410 HS Cab Pack based on an Ampeg Heritage Series SVT-410HLF loaded with custom Eminence speakers!

Here's a clip showcasing a few Mixes with a looper. With the same performance and amp settings, you can hear how changing the IR gives you different shades of low end, midrange character, and pick attack. With the same settings, you can have something big and balanced like the first play through (Mix 01) or something deep and scooped like the fourth play through (Mix 07, aka. my homage to Dug Pinnick). There are eleven Mixes in this pack, but for this short clip I used Mixes 01, 04, 05, 07, 08, 10, and 11. I used my J-Bass with the Porta-Bass model with the Micro Boost in front for a little extra grit.

Here is the information from the product page:

The York Audio AMPG 410 HS is based on an Ampeg™ Heritage Series SVT-410HLF 4x10 cabinet loaded with custom Eminence™ speakers. The tone has to be experienced to be believed. A thunderous low end with the right amount of subsonics, a dynamic midrange that can bark or be scooped with punchy attack, and a clear top end with great note articulation even when overdriven make this an exceptionally diverse cabinet that pairs well with a wide variety of basses and styles. This particular cabinet was recently used as a foundational element of Hayley Williams' Petals for Armor album recorded here in Nashville, TN, and several engineering methods used on the album were implemented in the making of this Cab Pack.

For years, bass players have felt forgotten in the modeling world. Their options are fairly limited, and high quality bass cabinet IRs are few and far between. With this in mind, York Audio made sure that this pack would be tonally diverse with classic microphones as well as microphones not found in any other Cab Pack in order to cater to bass players and give them the tone the've been craving. Along with 11 record-ready multi-mic Mixes, the pack includes 90 single mic shots that sound equally as good on their own.

Mics Included in this Cab Pack:

Shure Beta 52

Shure SM57

Shure SM7 (vintage)

Sennheiser MD421 (vintage)

Sennheiser e906

Beyerdynamic M88 TG

Beyerdynamic M160

sE Rupert Neve RNR1

Royer R-121

Shure KSM 313

Neumann FET 47 (vintage)

Port and Tweeter captures

---------

Thanks, and I hope you guys dig this one too!
-Justin

Oh, would love the preset you used here, especially the pinnick tribute? Sounds great!

I spent a fair while going through bunch of these IRs recently, and I have to say, it was much more fun than I've had in the past with such adventures. They pretty much all have a different flavor to them, as opposed to many packs where I feel like I'm just trying to figure out the most ultimately wonderful amount of high end. They're really natural and balanced too, just a pleasure to work with. I'm a fan.

I have a problem unzipping the Matchless pack. Windows tells me there is an error in the 96Hz folder, which is for the Strymon. Can you mail me the 48Hz folder please?

I have a problem unzipping the Matchless pack. Windows tells me there is an error in the 96Hz folder, which is for the Strymon. Can you mail me the 48Hz folder please?
Make sure that when you unzip the file, you're not too deep into your folders. Windows puts a hard limit on how many characters you can have in the file path. I think the limit is 255 characters. If you exceed that, Windows pukes on it. If you have a lot of folders and files with long names, it's easy to exceed that limit.

Make sure that when you unzip the file, you're not too deep into your folders. Windows puts a hard limit on how many characters you can have in the file path. I think the limit is 255 characters. If you exceed that, Windows pukes on it. If you have a lot of folders and files with long names, it's easy to exceed that limit.
I downloaded the zip file to my Downloads folder and try to unzip the whole file from there. But not unzipping o_O

Oh, would love the preset you used here, especially the pinnick tribute? Sounds great!

I'd be happy to share the preset. It's a complete mess at the moment, so I need to clean it up and simplify it to make it more user friendly. I THINK I used the Porta-Bass model on that one, but the SV Bass 1 and USA Bass 400 2 sound great with it as well.

In the meantime, use the AMPG 410 HS Mix 07, and I used the Micro Boost in front of the amp, but change these settings:
Drive Block Tone page: Mid @ -3.7, Mid Frequency @ 383, Treble @ -0.4, Mix @ 82%, Level @ -3.5.

I don't know if you've got this sorted yet, but contact me at info@yorkaudio.co with your order number and I'll get you taken care of. I haven't had anyone report that issue before, but I'll make sure to get you squared away ASAP.

-Justin

I'd be happy to share the preset. It's a complete mess at the moment, so I need to clean it up and simplify it to make it more user friendly. I THINK I used the Porta-Bass model on that one, but the SV Bass 1 and USA Bass 400 2 sound great with it as well.

In the meantime, use the AMPG 410 HS Mix 07, and I used the Micro Boost in front of the amp, but change these settings:
Drive Block Tone page: Mid @ -3.7, Mid Frequency @ 383, Treble @ -0.4, Mix @ 82%, Level @ -3.5.

I don't know if you've got this sorted yet, but contact me at info@yorkaudio.co with your order number and I'll get you taken care of. I haven't had anyone report that issue before, but I'll make sure to get you squared away ASAP.

-Justin
Cool. I'll do that now. I still have the problem

Did you unzip to the same folder with both WInZip and 7Zip?
I tried it with Winzip first, but it failed. Must be a problem with my laptop.

Then I Google unzipping and came across 7Zip. So, I downloaded it and it unzipped the file perfectly

Back
Top Bottom